Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
chezz
chezz
Posted at

:D Just being curious…. I wanna know your reasons for making or starting a comic? Mine is i just wanna have some fun and draw thats why I started my comics hehehehe

Posted at

it's because I want to push myself to improve my artwork and writing more… and with comics, you can do both.

write the scripts, see how much you can get in drawing out the scenes of the script.

and also it's a great way to meet people with simlar intersts.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

The three F's.

Fame: 'I want to be famous and be respected."
Fun: "I enjoy doing this, it's a hobby."
Following: "That's looks cool, I'd like to try and see if I can do stuff like that."

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

EDIT: Oh toss it, double post. I swear there used to be a delete button somewhere…

The three F's.

Fame: 'I want to be famous and be respected."
Fun: "I enjoy doing this, it's a hobby."
Following: "That's looks cool, I'd like to try and see if I can do stuff like that."

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

Obviously Aqua meant the 6 F's. :P

I just do it to tell the story and as a hobby. It'd be cool to be skilled enough to become a pro one day, but I'd have to go to art school for that.

Huxley
Huxley
Posted at

I am gonna get pro with out art school. But I do comics to: improve art, see my improvement and just for fun.

phear
phear
Posted at

I enjoy drawing, plus I have these pretty good story ideas but I'm not writer.

PhatScurl
PhatScurl
Posted at

everytime i draw a character my brain kicks in and makes a story for the drawing, so one day i decided i'd finally draw a comic to tell some of those stories, and so i created my first comic "Joey" and it sucked monkey balls and i won't ever draw it again.

Comicmasta
Comicmasta
Posted at

One because its fun, 2 its a secound option as a hobby if i never make it as a game designer.

lukee
lukee
Posted at

I make comics to appease Thor and Loki.

Skulldog
Skulldog
Posted at

To get these damn stories out of my head..

I need room for other info, like remembering hotkeys for World of Warcraft..

Posted at

my kinda comic is kinda like a blog or something, to get my thoughts about the weird things in life expressed

marine
marine
Posted at

It was eithar comics, or slit my wrists and meet Jesus. Since I'm handicapped (quadrapaligic) I thought I would make funny internet comics to make new friends, since I can't get out anywhere here but the veterens center when my sister rolls me down there. Here, I actually have a voice and can talk with other people. But in real life, I'm nothing. My comics are mostly cut and paste, but I usually draw out the characters first. I know my artwork isn't that great, but I'm trying. I fell off a helicopter as I was rappelling off of it. Our copter was shot down my a rpg, and thats that. I dedicate my comics to the lives of every soldier lost in iraq, and pray to the great muhammed that I can live just long enough to finish out my comic.

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

so i could have a legitimate reason to doodle on every page i get my hands into, i can always say i was storyboarding

alejkhan
alejkhan
Posted at

I grew up on comics. My brother read them to me when I was little. A friend of mine in middle school got me to draw them with her and I really got into reading them back then. They were what kept me sane through those angst filled middle and high school years. I was always drawing and always dreaming up some sort of crazy tale to tell to help work out my personal philosphy of the hour or some regretful incidents of the past. Sometimes it's just fun to see what people love or hate, how they react to what I'm telling them, if they really believe me or not when I'm spinning a lie. It also just feels good to share - I love to perform and entertain people, but with comics you can hide behind the page, there's less anxiety.

kytri
kytri
Posted at

Mostly I just wanted to tell a story and since I think in pictures rather than words a comic seemed the most logical choice.

Zwuh
Zwuh
Posted at

Writing is not good enough for my visually oriented brain, and art alone I find somewhat boring. But through their powers combined… I AM CAPTAIN PLANET!

VegaX
VegaX
Posted at

Usually when i do the art and someone else does the writing i just find it relaxing and fun. But just like writing a diary, a comic can be a good way to get thru a problem in your life.

When i did "Fullmoon Stories" the main event was inspired by a personal thing in my life, and the inspiration came from that. It's a good way to get rid of demons. ;)

( And "Marine", your so full of it. :lol: )

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

All: Because I like doing it

Aus Comics: To unite comic makers and see what they can churn out by going off one another (Wish some one would sign up for the next page)

Golden Gamers: It was a bet I made. Now I do it to prove that not all sprite comics are 10-second crap (And I love how much better it looks than my first attempts before the crash)

Gemini Storm: I had a scanner, might as well try it. I keep going because I know I can improve

Enter the Duck: Saw 'Getting into Middleground' and thought 'Now why hasn't any one done one for DD?' so, I did. Completely different from what I originally had in my head. It has even been taken so far as to be called 'ego masturbation' but I don't care. I just love doing it (I'm just begging for the comments that could come from that)

Warriors of the Night: Vampires rock and I was feeling ambitious. Also, I wanted to go in a completely different direction from my current comics, something dark and more kick ass

But as i said, it's all because I love doing comics. And to escape reality (Which I have to do a lot)

Until next time
The Aussie Kid

Chelano
Chelano
Posted at

Well my friend use to make this comic called "plastic legend" with legos. He told me I should join DD. So I did and I used a sprite comic.

At first people hated my comic and then they learned to like it and it was cool . It was called "The Phinal Fantasy".

But I noticed I was on this site and everyone drew comics. So I wanted to try. So I started drawing Brutus.

He use to look pretty simple. I guess I came a long ways.

chezz
chezz
Posted at

wow aus thats….. a lot of reasons hehehehe :D :D :D

But as i said, it's all because I love doing comics. And to escape reality (Which I have to do a lot)

but i like this one hehehe i do this a lot too, escaping reality….

Chelano
Chelano
Posted at

Yeah know what is the best thing about making a comic.

You make a character and they do not look that good. As you grow, they grow and become older with you.

It is like they have their own life and you create it. You almost in a weird way start to believe that they are real.

This works more with people making strips. If you make a comic book story, you may think different

Posted at

I at first did it to keep myself busy. Moving to a new school junior year brings on the self pity and depression pretty heavily. I've been reading comics for a while, and it dawned on me one day…"hey…i'd like to try that" Thus GandS was born. And now I do it to improve my skill with photoshop, drawing different styles, and all that jazz. I love it so much, and I think I'm getting better. That's why I started SLTTA. To try a different style. Not exactly a deep reason for starting a comic, but that one's helping me understand inking and drawing the human body a lot.

Rev_Danno
Rev_Danno
Posted at

I thought it might be a good thing to do to releve stress…
Boy was I wrong…
1). Drunk Satan robot was a comic blog.
2.)Phylloxera made sense at the time, I thought "hey no one's making a comic about food and wine!".
3.)the Infernal Contraption was made because I had I story I wanted to tell.

Radec
Radec
Posted at

I like to make people laugh.

I used to be that kid in middle school who always got picked on.
one day I found that people really liked my little comic drawings.
I guess I never really stopped.
Good thing, too. I ended up befriending my high school football team because they liked my comics.
go figure, eh? (By that time, though, I didn't need the protection anymore :-D )

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.