Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Posted at

It's original, genius.

I'll be damned if those are actually yours, too.

good recipes:

Banana Worm Bread
Ingredients:
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
2 bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts
2 eggs
1/4 cup dry-roasted army worms
Directions:
Mix together all ingredients. Bake in greased loaf pan at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.

Bug Blox
Ingredients:
2 large packages gelatin
2 1/2 cups boiling water (do not add cold water)
Directions:
Stir boiling water into gelatin. Dissolve completely. Stir in dry-roasted leafhoppers. Pour mixture slowly into 13 x 9 inch pan. Chill at least 3 hours. BLOX will be firm after 1 hour, but may be difficult to remove from pan. Cutting blox: dip bottom pan in warm water 15 seconds to loosen gelatin. Cut shapes with cookie cutters all the way through gelatin. Lift with index finger or metal spatula. If blox stick, dip pan again for a few seconds.

Rootworm Beetle Dip
Ingredients:
2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons skim milk
1/2 cup reduced calorie mayonnaise
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp. dill weed
1 1/2 tsp. Beau Monde
1 cup dry-roasted rootworm beetles
Directions:
Blend first 3 ingredients. Add remaining ingredients and chill.

Chocolate Chirpie Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 12-ounce chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup dry-roasted crickets
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In large bowl, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla; beat until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually add flour mixture and insects, mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded measuring teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

Crackers and Cheese Dip with Candied Crickets
Ingredients:
8 oz. cream cheese
4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
2 tsp. chopped onions
1 tsp. chopped green pepper
2 tsp Miracle Whip�®
candied crickets
Directions:
Soften cream cheese. Introduce remaining ingredients.
Spread mixture on cracker and top with a candied cricket.

Corn Borer Cornbread Muffins
Ingredients:
Cornbread mix
3/4 c. dry roasted corn borers
Directions:
Prepare batter according to instructions.
Stir in insects.
Bake.

Chocolate Covered Grasshoppers
Ingredients:
baker's chocolate
candied crickets
Directions:
Melt baker's chocolate in double boiler.
Fill molds halfway with chocolate, add grasshoppers, fill rest of the way.

A tasty surprise in every one!

EDIT: Coveinant, say nothing about what I've said at the top. You'll just make things worse.

imshard
imshard
Posted at

right, Y'know you don't HAVE to eat the MREs anymore right?
Anyways, here's a family recipe. Its a great alternative to lemonade.

.5 cup sugar

.5 cup water

1 liter (the big bottle) of sparkling water

2 cups fresh squeezed Ruby-red grapefruit juice (you can use concentrate if you want but I recommend using 3-4 actual grapefruits)

12 fresh mint leaves (optional)

1. Use a small saucepan over low heat. Combine the sugar and water and heat until sugar is dissolved -(about 5 minutes)- Then remove the sugar syrup from heat allow to cool off completely.

2. In a 2-quart pitcher, mix the sparkling water and grapefruit juice. Add the sugar syrup to balance the bitter/sour taste but not too much. Add mint leaves and enough ice to fill the pitcher and stir.

Enjoy!

(alcohol can be added too for those of legal age)

Posted at

Pineapple and Orange Chicken and Sweet Pineapple rice.
I made some changes and experimented some with this recipe since I posted it on the first discussion. The changes have been met with approval, so here it is.

Ingredients:

1- Large can of pineapple chunks.
1- Large can of Mandarin oranges.
2- Three boneless skinless chicken breast
3- Bag of jasmine rice (you can use other kinds, but his holds the flavor better.)
4- nutmeg
5- garlic salt with parsley

Start out with a frying pan. Thaw chicken. LIGHTLY spray the pan. I can NOT stress this enough! Too much spray with ruin the chicken, but not enough and you'll have a mess on your hands. While the pan is heating open the can of pineapple chunks and oranges. You can used crushed, or the whole rings with your pineapple, but I personally prefer the chunks. Separate the juice from both cans into separate glasses or measuring cups. Pour half of the juice from both into the heating pan, then place in the chicken. Now…you have to constantly flip the chicken so it gets a good glaze on both sides. If it blackens slightly don't worry. Thats normal. But you don't want it fully blackened. While it's cooking use the garlic salt. Use only a very little amount. Garlic is a powerful seasoning. It will overwhelm the rest of the flavors. Once it's done cooking remove the chicken from the pan, and throw in the pineapple chunks and orange slices with a little bit of water to get them warm. Cook them until the oranges being to fall apart. Then put them in a bowl and off the side.

Now…the rice is fairly easy. I use a sauce pan to make my rice in. But you have to watch it carefully or it will burn. Make the rice as you normally would, except half way through it pour in and stir the rest of the pineapple and orange juice (the syrup) and a dash of nutmeg. Again. Not too much. You don't want to lose the citrus flavor.

And there you have it. My pineapple orange chicken and sweet pineapple rice! It's a good dish, and fairly easy to make. But it is very sweet. If you don't have some what of a sweet tooth I don't recommend it.

Enjoy!

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

BBQ Sir Loin Roast. Heh. Loin.

INGREDIENTS

* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, divided
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 (3 pound) beef sirloin tip roast
* 3/4 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce, divided
* 6 cups coleslaw blend
* 1 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
* 12 submarine or French bread rolls, split

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat grill for indirect heat by heating one side of the grill to medium heat and leaving the burners on the other side turned off. Combine chili powder, 1 tsp. of the pepper and the garlic powder; rub evenly onto all sides of roast. Place on cool side of grill; cover with lid.
2. Grill roast, without turning, 1 hour. When internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F, brush roast with 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce. Continue grilling, covered, 10 min. or until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F. Transfer roast to carving board. Tent with foil. Let stand 10 min. or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Meanwhile, mix coleslaw blend, dressing and remaining 1/2 tsp. pepper.
3. Cut roast across the grain into thin slices. Add to remaining 1/2 cup barbecue sauce in large bowl; toss to coat. Spoon into rolls. Serve with the coleslaw.

In all honesty I wonder how long this thread will hold up.

Posted at

all you need is butter and milk and you can make everything basically

Posted at

Shplane plus anyone else equals bad

and in english that means?

Posted at

Okay no photos unless they are of the finished product. food Recipes and personality recipes (who two people's personalities mix) and that is all.

here is the origenal forum also most of my recipes are in here.

Personality recipes.

What?

Personality recipes.

I can't believe it's possible to actually write those words and be completely serious about it.

Oh wait, recipes. . .

Bread + toaster = the only thing I've eaten for the last few days.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Here's a personality one:

Cov + anything = ultimate disaster, but horribly funny to anyone else.

Posted at

youve eaten a toaster? cool

It has lots of iron in it.

Posted at

and loads of burnt bread crumbs at the bottom

Posted at

and loads of burnt bread crumbs at the bottom

yum.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

What about the grease? You know, all toasters get incredibly greasy at some point…it's a mystery yet to be solved…

Posted at

What about the grease? You know, all toasters get incredibly greasy at some point…it's a mystery yet to be solved…

My toaster smokes…

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

My toaster smokes…
It must be really tough 'n badass then.

Posted at

RECIPES. your starting to spam.

Okay.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Then again, Ozone did crown me King of the TD Spam Thread. Speaking of spam, here's a spam recipe:

Fritatta

3 tbsp butter 7-oz can SPAM, cubed 1/4"
1/2 cup chopped onion 10 pitted black olives, chopped
1/2 cup chopped green pepper 6 eggs
2 medium potatoes, peeled and 2 tbsp water
cubed 1/4" 1/4 tsp pepper

In 10-inch omelet pan or skilet melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Add onion, green pepper and potatoes; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisply tender (5 to 7 minutes). Add SPAM and olives; continue cooking until SPAM is heated through. Loosen sauteed ingredients from bottom of pan; add remaining 1 tbsp butter. Tilt pan to cover bottom with butter. In small bowl mix eggs, water, and pepper; pour over SPAM mixture. Cover; cook over low heat 12 to 15 minutes or until egg mixture is set on top. With pancake turner, loosen edges and bottom; invert onto serving platter.

Posted at

Well actualy, we were talking about how tasty a toaster was, which is actualy a recipe, a recipe for disaster

Paper_Cut
Paper_Cut
Posted at

Well actualy, we were talking about how tasty a toaster was, which is actualy a recipe, a recipe for disaster

Lol that's a quest in RuneScape.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.