Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Redux: Did you just update? Tell us why someone should visit your comic. But ONLY AFTER commenting about the comic BEFORE yours. ^_^

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Trying again at this, Incorporating the changes that happened as the thread went along:

Stuff
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
When you update your comic, post in this thread with a link to the update, and let readers know what's special about your page, maybe some factoid or observation relating to it.. You want to get people interested in visiting your comic. This could be a good tool for people who want to learn to pitch their stuff to others.

*Only post a link to your comic when your comic has actually updated.
*Take a look at the comic of the person who posts prior to you and comment about update/comic.
*skip commenting on the person before you and we'll prune your post when we get around to it ^_^

-People feel very hurt when they feel they've been snubbed. :(

(don't comment on Pinky TA it hasn't updated yet)

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

well, since there's no update before me then,guess i cant comment.

PUTRID MEAT has updated though!
we have another page from guest artist ALEJKHAN, and also the introduction of Big Milano…which is sure to be fun when he decides to take part in our hero's [??] crisis in the rabies plagued streets of Northern Septica.

http://www.drunkduck.com/PUTRID_MEAT/index.php?p=373562

Posted at

A quick nod to Ninja Wedding and the work pic update, whilst not a comic update, cool non-the-less.

Putrid Meat shows off another page of pretty dynamic art from the guest artist, good stuff there. I like the strong colours and action so far!

The Chronicles of Wyrden updates today with a special on Bell Alley. I often go into lots of detail in the worlds I create, Hestonia is no exception with two books and one world bible in the design you're looking at the culmination of quite a few years work. So I always think it's nice to show off some of the things you might never see or hear about in the comic or the books.

Hidden histories and even snippets of bawdy tavern songs!

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Chronicles features a delicious history of Bell Alley along with a really pretty picture of a lady. Go see!
———-
Salt the Holly features a football-style playbook panel. And Daisy stabs someone in the face!

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

Thank Ozone for defining the rules better! I was getting really ticked off with all the people skipping me and others on the old thread. >=(
Now, on to commenting!

Uuuuhhh, that was a long page. @_@
But at the frist panel, why was everyone taking a pee at the same time? >=3 *Gets hit with by a shoe.*
And why isn't Daisy wearing any shoes? Someone can throw a tack on the floor, and she'll be done. @_@

:[Insert Title]: Updates today with Cluadia using some coloreful langue! OOoohhh!!! Someone just got pppaaawwwnnneeeddd!
Also, Zeebedee has returned! Yyyeeaaahhh!!! Also to show dislike to the doctor lady.
No one likes the doctor lady, NO ONE.

Almost down the count down. -_^ http://www.drunkduck.com/Insert_Title/?p=373726

Posted at

Insert Title - hehe ^^ I liked the page…enough to go back and start reading the whole thing! I really like the crosshatching. "You can go get your own patient" hehe -^_^-

Of Snakes and Apples updates. Adam pushes his luck and Eve gets an explanation…kinda

Posted at

Ha, second time I'm posting after you on these threads :)
Of Snakes and Apples = Great art.

Coloring, page design and decorations, facial expressions, panel placement, all very good. I like the classical feel to the art :D

As for my comic… Din Krakatau FINALLY* progresses beyond the four pages first previewed on my deviantart site; and it's a month old page already and it ends with a nice cliffhanger :D

(*by which I mean I have kept from uploading further pages until I got 20 of them done, there hasn't been any delay of my drunkduck schedule, and there won't be none at least until the end of April).

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

@kiandranishan
Adam has an attitude problem! XD

I can't say enough about your artwork, especially the colors. It makes me think of vivid picture books. And I always enjoy the way your panel borders and page background are all part of the artwork. Details like that are always a wonderful touch.

EDIT (simultaneous post!!)

@Aurora Borealis

Wow! I love the texture in this comic . It gives it a really unique look! The loose lineart is fun too. The comic has a lot of "soul," imo. (Also, great use of flat black on the previous pages.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Used Books updated today with the final page of a flashback and the (temporary?) conclusion to a contest for the same woman's love/attention – and the beginning of a fierce rivalry/hatred. As far as art notes, I have to say I'm fairly happy with the shading and anatomy in the last panel on this page. (Not great, but a personal victory. ;) )

simonitro
simonitro
Posted at

On Usedbooks, the story telling on this comic is amazing and suspenseful. It has so many twists and turns on every corner and by reading this page, the character developing in the past is greatly done.

——————————————————-

on Electronic Revolutions: The Burnhams, the action is continous from the previous page and the action poses look decent. Now, every Burnhams had a shot on the action. It's a matter of 2 to 3 pages so the story will progress.

albone
albone
Posted at

Electronic Revolutions: The Burnhams is wild! The gals in this update lay the smackdown on. Lots of knees and kicks, criminally entertaining.

Rival Angels updates today. Sabrina sidesteps one messy situation only to run full on into another one. It's hard having roommates.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

@The Other Me - I stopped goin to church then went back. But most people will NOT.

@attention - I'm weirder. hahaha.

@A-List - I suggest continuing this comic.

========

MAG-ISA updates. Its got Naruto and Metallica on one page!!! wow… so cool eh? lol!

PyThomas
PyThomas
Posted at

Re: Mag-Isa - Looks awesome. Great job incorporating the notebook paper drawings.

Today on Times Like This (go to TimesLikeThis.com if you still see Opie & Anthony): Funny you should mention song lyrics…

(Kiandranishan - if you go to http://www.TimesLikeThis.com, at the bottom of the comic are links to the music videos of the songs I mentioned. Enjoy! :D)

Posted at

Times Like This - I didn't recognize any of those songs >.> but I have had that happen. And good job on the backgrounds of the later panels…I didn't realize that you had used a photo until I started studying the art itself after reading the page. ^^

Kenyagi updates. Inner monologue of the main character when she realizes that the girl she just helped doesn't trust her.

Posted at

Kenyagi has some beautiful almost watercolour work with some very subtle shading, it's nice to see those coloured pencils. As per usual the art is evocative and the expressions on the characters excellent.

The Chronicles of Wyrden updates today with our 25th page! And someone from Scar's past!

DAJB
DAJB
Posted at

Tee hee! The first thread to try to squeeze all its rules into the title!

Anyway - back to the matter at hand. Either Doctor Shadow or I will have to start updating on a different day of the week, because we always seem to be commenting on each other's comics! Not that I mind - The Chronicles of Wyrden is a fun and original take on the fantasy genre, so it's always a good read!

Oh, and today we get our first glimpse of a new character - a former acquaintance of the aptly named Scar …!

No new characters in Shades today. We do however get a glimpse of what really lies hidden beneath London pubs … And, no, it's not barrels of beer! (Well, okay - for the most part, it is. But not in this case!)

Oh, and in an early Comment on this page, anonymousposterchild challenged us to do a page consisting of nothing but 12 black panels with no dialogue. So we did and you can see that too!
;)

Posted at

Shades is an awesome comic with superb artwork, interesting / dynamic characters, and and amazing story! This page shows us 3 panels of blackness (because the characters are in a lift), and then sets the stage for them getting costumes!

###

Over in Temple: Choke and Die has to be a sweet one-liner for a death scene….

And for @$$hole!: Anyone here have any experience with hobos? How about pedophiles? Trevor and Susie just encounted a person who's one in the same!

amanda
amanda
Posted at

In @sshole, I just want to clobber that guy with something heavy. In Temple, take THAT you beady-eyed monstrosity! Yah!
——–
Salt the Holly updated this morning with gratuitous butt-kicking.

Ziffy88
Ziffy88
Posted at

Lots of violence against Ninjas, I don't know if it works, put maybe try making your characters a bit more round to make them less stiff. I mean in a way so that you kinda ignore the actual anatomy. ain't I nice(I know I'm kinda of jerk but read this in the most laid back and sleepy voice you can think of, but hey I actually comment so I'm not that bad of a guy just above villain but below conflicted henchmen.

Right so I've gots me some updatez(stupid voice).

The Other Me
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Other_Me/
An emphatic answer by Jacob

Attention
http://www.drunkduck.com/Attention/
Phones!

A-List
http://www.drunkduck.com/a_list/
yeah baby my first actual page…man I've learned a bunch from doing this series so the next thing I do might actually be decent…yeah right I'm terrible!

and that's me and my bi-polar updates(no offense to people with bi-polar may you all get hit by a car)

Posted at

The Other Me - I like the page. I really get that no, he is never going back XD. The issue I have is that the line art would be better a bit cleaner…do you use photoshop? Again, I love your expressions ^^

Attention - haha! cute art and that would be a bit creepy if someone called that I had no idea how they could of gotten my number.

a list - well done! you can really sense the character is falling and the perspective on the last panel is good. I fav'd it ^^

Beyond the Pale updates and the fight turns dirty.

Posted at

Love your inking, kiandranishan! :) That fight looks exciting, I must say, and I can't wait to see what happens on the next page.

Morphic updates today, and there is enough shouting to fill almost the whole page.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I really like the character designs and style in Morphic. The people look so lively and animated, and the color is bold and appealing. Lexie does look nice in panel 2. I like the way her clothes look. Seems like all the shouting is at least somewhat justified. I'd probably be shouting too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A new chapter starts in Used Books today. It's a color page, and there is very little speaking on the page. We see that Seiko is preparing for something, and one of her companions voices his concerns.

Loud_G
Loud_G
Posted at

Usedbooks, I love how this strip is so well written, the drama is always great, life and death happens across these pages, and the art gets better and better. The last update has a really cute kitty, and it looks like somebody is going on a trip. :D If you haven't read this comic, you should be ashamed of yourself. Go read it!

———————–

George the Dragon updated today! George is a Dragon (Duh), he is very silly, and devious, and has great adventures. Today's update is special because there is a celebration! :D

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

@ George The Dragon - I love the irony! Happy birthday btw. :)

Off Hours updated today, as things with the blizzard go from bad to, well, worse!? Big collaboration page today, with pencils and lettering by Tantz Aerine from Wolf, script and inks by me (Allen from Due East) and colors by JustNoPoint from The Devon Legacy!

albone
albone
Posted at

Off Hours update page is very cool, especially because its done by some of my favorite people. It does a great job of establishing calm and then basically breaking it like a shattered window and of course I mean that in a good way. Great job by some talented peeps.

Rival Angels updates today. Voices are raised, insults are slung and the boss shows up!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.