Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Right Brain/Left Brain Test

Posted at

Which way is she rotating for you?
(I'm trying a hot link, if it doesn't work, go to the site.

According to Scientists with Too Much Time On Their Hands (TM), the way she rotates tells if you are a right brained or left brained person.
Once you have a direction, check out the link and it will tell if you are right or left brained.
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22535838-5012895,00.html

I'm so Right Brained today that took over 5 minutes of starting that @#$@% image for it to rotate the other way for me.

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

to the right…right?

the link doesn't work btw.

Dragonizer
Dragonizer
Posted at

She was going right for me at first, but now she changes each time I focus. Huh, that's interesting.

Posted at

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

Jonko
Jonko
Posted at

her left or my left?

Your left, right? Right? Left? I'm right, left.

Article said that if she's turning clockwise you use the right side, if anti-clockwise the left.

I was a right (does not surprise me, people tell me I'm in my own world). I don't see HOW she can switch the way she turns, trying to make her do so gives me a headache! (I must be uber right then).

I kinda thought I would be a lefty because of the whole billingual thing, oh well.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Clockwise.

I sat there forever trying to force myself to see it otherwise, but I couldn't do it. Not at all. That's so weird. I know for a fact I'm far more left-brained. I'm a 100% right-handed math/science geek who never takes any risks. o.O

Posted at

When I saw the one posted here I said counter clockwise, but when I saw the one on the regular site I said clockwise, and now that I've come back I can only see clockwise

wierd

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

I just… can't see her turing counter-clock-wise. I just can't…

So yeah, clock-wise.

wyldflowa
wyldflowa
Posted at

When I saw the one posted here I said counter clockwise, but when I saw the one on the regular site I said clockwise, and now that I've come back I can only see clockwise

wierd
Same. I thought counter-clockwise immediately then the other site loaded and it was clockwise. I can't see her going the other way now. XD I guess I'm right brained then~ It'd be interesting to know more people's answers to this just to see what side of the brain the webcomics community is more swayed towards. :)

Whirlwynd
Whirlwynd
Posted at

It's going clockwise for me. I got the thing to look like it was rotating the other way for a few seconds x_x weird stuff.

LOL! If I go to type on my instant messenger while the picture is in the background it looks like it's going counterclockwise.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

It only goes clockwise for me and never changes.

I checked out how it was done to make sure. The actual animation frames start by going clockwise and then switch to anticlockwise less than halfway through the sequence. But as I reasoned before I even looked at them; because it's a silhouette, it's very easy to fool people about which way it's moving. All they do is add a little line on the straight leg to show which one is in front of which and change the perspective of the angled hands and feet a little.

I don't see how it's a valid "right-brain/left-brain" test though. It'd be nice to see a reason why which direction supposedly matches which kind of thinking.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.