Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Secret Santa!

Mazoo
Mazoo
Posted at

New topic for discussion and signup can be found HERE - Cham
———————————————————————-

Yes, yes I know it's really early, but before you all start attacking me, just listen a second, will you?

I think we should do a DrunkDuck-wide Secret Santa. You know, like swapping gifts, yet people don't know who they're getting a gift from. Well, that's entirely plausible on an artistic front! People will draw others pictures and it'll all be secret-secret and then everyone will get presents!

All people will have to do is post in this thread with who they are, and a (relatively simple) art request, and I will make a list. (If your request or "present" has something to do with your comic, please provide a link). When the time nears (let's say… two weeks before Christmas or so) I will place everyone's name in a hat and randomly pick who will be "getting" er…drawing… a present for who. I can then PQ everyone with who the person they will have to draw a present for!

For Example:

I'm Mazoo and I would like a present of a talking Christmas Tree!

The reason I want to start this so early is that it will give a large amount of people a chance to sign up, which will make it a huge community-wide thing!

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Wrong section. But I might as well.

I'm lefarce (duh) and I would like a picture of my character Dice (www.drunkduck.com/Le_Farce) riding a unicorn that's bursting forth from a giant clown's face, leaving behind a rainbow trail… In space.

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

maybe this should be in the networking and community forum side, in any case, im in. i just wish for some form of fanart i suppose.
(http://www.drunkduck.com/Agimat_Story)

le farce: id hate to be the one to pick your name, thats a pretty steep request for a slacker such as myself.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

I wouldn't be Lefarce if I weren't a total pain in the ass ;)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

That request doesn't sound to hard to me. Sounds more fun than hard.

Umm, I'll sign up as well.

I'm Ozoneocean and I'd like a fanart pic of my character Cc please. :)

Posted at

This sounds fun. :)

I'm sure someone has done this before (a webcomic secret santa) and there were always deadbeats. :/ Usually what happened was the people who got deadbeats (ie no present) could tell the organizer, and then some nice people would do an extra picture or two for those people. :) (Then the deadbeats would be blocked from participating the next year.) So maybe you should collect names from some people who would be willing to do an extra picture in a pinch.

One year I got a deadbeat and no one drew a picture for me afterward either. :/ It was someone I was in a webcomic group with too and they only ever acknowledged once that they'd missed the deadline and were going to do one, really - then they continued with forum posts and such as if nothing had happened. I didn't like them any more after that (and, obviously, still feel a bit resentful about it).

Posted at

Thats so sad, was that Litazias one? I participated once but I don't think I qualify anymore. That and I don't even know if she is still running it. I remember my second one was to a guy over on comic gen that is actually doing pretty well right now (roll of the die) and it was the first fan art he recieved and he was so happy. That made it all worth while for me.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I remember my second one was to a guy over on comic gen that is actually doing pretty well right now (roll of the die)
What a coincidence! I've only done the Secret Santa thing once, but when I did, Roland of ROD did my present! I can't remember who I did mine for… but the pic was the Predator with the heads of their characters impaled on a spike. That was so fun to do. :)

Posted at

hello I'm T_K….and I'm an alcoholic… ha. Not really no but I do how ever wish to participate… DRAW ME FANART! http://www.drunkduck.com/Minicus

PS: if I get a deadbeat you better get off your ass n draw me something eitherways or I'ma beat you dead with a spoon. a tea spoon.. it can be done it just takes long time and is extremly painfull. Maybe I'll just go with a shovel.. whatever suits me best.

Mazoo
Mazoo
Posted at

Mazoo, would you mind if I locked this thread and you start a new official signup/discussion thread in the community projects forum?

That's fine with me. The only reason I placed this in the General Discussion was to give it some publicity. I'm not stupid *coughlefarcecough*.

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

Aw, heck with it. Sure, I'd like to be part of it.

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

how about we make a very biggie consequence in case the participants go dead beat on us, maybe banning (*insert demon icon here*)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.