Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

security net

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

What is it that, when you're revved way up or not revved at all, brings you back to balance?

For me, it's food and music. I've found a number of specific tunes for most occasions. For example, when I'm really pissed off (American sense, not meaning drunk :) ), somehow cranking Black Dog helps pacify me (couldn't always indulge when the kids were wee). Of course there's comfort food, and top of that list is suped up, Best Ever mashed potatoes.

"Talking it out" – not always a good choice for me.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

for me it's just gettin on with shit, which isnt always the easiest thing to do, but it something can give you bigger perspective outside of your problem, that always helps. as for being way too amped up, shit….i love it. i'd make an excellent crack head.

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

For me, it's going to the beach on a cold and windy day, and listening to smooth jazz.

Video games are a constant "mood fixer" though. A few jam sessions in some classics like Mario 3 or Sonic can be relaxing for me.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

I plug a right handed stratocaster with a left handed neck into a souped up wah pedal, turn up the juice and go

"owwackawackawooooowwwwickywackawww…wacka…whh…wacka…whh….
kkkwwiiiieeeeewwwwwokwokwokwokywa…ka…ka…ka..k…k…kweoooooowwww".

The universe is then perfectly re-aligned.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

I plug a right handed stratocaster with a left handed neck into a souped up wah pedal, turn up the juice and go

"owwackawackawooooowwwwickywackawww…wacka…whh…wacka…whh….
kkkwwiiiieeeeewwwwwokwokwokwokywa…ka…ka…ka..k…k…kweoooooowwww".

The universe is then perfectly re-aligned.

I'll be sure to call upon your magic in the future.
——–

Music. i have a playlist for everymood.

Tho sometimes, i use those playlists to exacerbate my moods.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Black Dog
The Led Zeppelin song?
If so, wow! o_O
If not, well, I dunno…

For me the whole album (Led Zeppelin IV) does that for me.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Going for a long power walk with music cranked up on my MP3 player or some gratuitous violence on some kind of games console.

If I am down or in a funk of some kind that's harder but usually making comics does the trick, or creating in some way.

Also, singing helps.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Black Dog
The Led Zeppelin song?

For me the whole album (Led Zeppelin IV) does that for me.
ABSOLUTELY Zep's Black Dog. Not familiar with another. I like a lot of Led Zepplin, but that particular song is some kind of magic for me when a big-time frustration hits.

@Genejoke
You're right – sometimes making something will lift a funk. Distraction or a positive act, I don't care why if it works.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Well that's awesome! It seems these days too few people around here really appreciate Zeppelin anymore, it's good to know that's not true! :)

Posted at

When I'm feeling like shit I blast some music (not zepp…usually…), hurt my brother if he comes within a ten foot radius of me, write down lyrics, or go make jokes that don't make sense.

Depression sucks but I still like to be Joey and do whatever.

To Ozone: Maybe The Rain Song…
Zepp's, not mine.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

When I'm down I watch children's television. Every color and every soundbyte from shows like that has been happy-fied to perfection.

blindsk
blindsk
Posted at

somehow cranking Black Dog helps pacify me

Seems like everyone has a little Zeppelin to calm themselves down. :)

So continuing the trend, mine would have to be No Quarter. It's just…soothing to me for some reason. Helps me relax.

But I guess it really depends on the mood. I'd use Zeppelin for something like calming down, Pendulum if I'm tense and just want to release my energy, and then I have a huge soft spot for remixes (yes, yes, those silly things people waste their time creating) which ends up breaking down any frustration or anger I might have lingering around for whatever reason.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.