Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Seedy K is here

seedyk
seedyk
Posted at

Hello all. Name's Brian, creator of the strip Seedy K.
I realize I'm not suppose to hock my strip here, but take a look at it if you want.
I'm mostly a traditional America style artist, I take a lot of my style from Archie type crap, it was my favorite growing up, so I figured "just go for it."I was kind of wondering where anyone else gets there inspirations from.
Later

Posted at

Oh hello.

I'm afraid you won't find in here unless you trade your style in for some sort of badly drawn manga (or the Asian cartoon books, as Sea Cow would put it) crap. Originality is so passee (DD hates foreign grammar). Being pretentious is as well. But I'm just old fashioned like that.

Also your banner doesn't lead anywhere.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Saying you take your style from something and then calling it crap is a little mean ^.^ But hello there! And welcome to the Duck - I swear we're welcoming and pleasant! No, really. And we have refreshments…and…livestock? What the hell is that chicken doing in here?

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Welcome, Would You Like A Cold Hot Cola?

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

NO DRINKING IN FRONT OF MINORS. O_O *ZZZIiiiinnnggg.*

seedyk
seedyk
Posted at

I'll be damned, hot soda and fresh livestock, looks like I'm home.
I guess calling it crap is a little harsh, although if you have read the "new mature" Archie stuff theve put out lately, you'd turn over to the "How to Draw for Kindegardners" as I call manga.
But yeah, I'll add a link in my banner, er, whats the code for that, I done gone retarded.

Brogan
Brogan
Posted at

Welcome to……….THE DUCK!

Posted at

You're a seedy looking fellow >_>

Posted at

. . .

Naughty box for you, Smokey.

Posted at

Welcome! Well, I'm a tad late to the apparent party, and to your funeral if you drank that cola, but I'm glad to be here regardless.

Just ignore Custard's hate. He mocks as an outsider; only a select few are true Ducks. I hope you will join our sacred ranks soon. :)

As for putting a link into your forum sig, here's exactly how to do it! Just follow my local link!

Have a great day. :)

seedyk
seedyk
Posted at

Thanks so much Steely, I was trying something similar, but the language this site uses is foreign to me. Or something, I like to make excuses.
Oh and for Smoke, there's actually a story behind the name. If anyone actually wants to hear it, keep reading, if not, feel free to think of me as the guy with no life that writes more than anyone cares about.
A hundred years ago when I was first trying my hands at comic writing, the strip was called Cheaply Drawn Kids and I put a 4 minute time limit on all work done to the strip. My friends liked it, but they didnt like the name, so I just called it CDK. Then I discovered a columnist who went by Seedy K, and I was enamored. Google him, you'll like him.
Hopefully if I ever get big he won't sue.

Posted at

feel free to think of me as the guy with no life that writes more than anyone cares about.

That describes pretty much everyone on DD.

Tashna
Tashna
Posted at

Hello and welcome. Hmm, inspirations… I get them from my lovely writer David and stuff like wars, big political issues and scientific developments.

I can't believe I'm a sci-fi writer/artist, I don't even like the genre that much xD

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

lolk

HURFADURFDURF GET IT??

seedyk
seedyk
Posted at

U say HURFADURFA, but all I can think of is DurkaDurkaJihad.
But Tashna, I'm more into the "this world sucks and so does eveyone in it" yet I'm writing adventure strips, go figure. I think you gravitate to where the meat is, since one funny idea may only last 3 strips, but a full story lasts forever.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.