Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Seeking artist for collaborative project

Posted at

I am seeking an artist to work with in the creation of a webcomic to be hosted here on DrunkDuck. Someone that is willing to have an even hand in the creative direction of the comic, as well as to handle the artistic direction. I'd rather not be in a situation where the artist feels distanced from the work, like they're drawing someone else's story.

If you are interested in working with me on a project, or if you have your own idea and you would just like me to run it through the ringer once or twice to work out some of the kinks, or if you happen to enjoy the smell of delicious blueberry muffins, then please send me a Private Quack (I love that phrase, by the way) and we can begin brainstorming and/or discussing the greatness of baked goods.

archies
archies
Posted at

please elaborate.. what kind of comic do you have in mind? and is there a specific style that you'd prefer to have it drawn with?

I would love to join you (if my art is to your liking, and if we could get along nicely:D)

Posted at

Honestly there isn't. I've worked with various art styles in the past, classic pulp comics, manga-style pieces, and something vaguely akin to the Diniverse art style. I like to think that I can work well with any style of art, as well as with any style of story.

Archies, I would like very much to see some samples of your artwork.

archies
archies
Posted at

samples

and more

and a cut from a fan comic I've been working on…forever!

I'd like to think my art stable, if I'm in a good period, this is how I draw.

I'm on a never ending journey to develop and improve my art, and I have lots ond lots of weaknesses (trouble with drawing old people, landscapes, clothes, animals, buildings, nature, fights, cars….perspectives etc.)

but I'm willing to try and do my best!
however if you need a lot of details, I'm probably not the best choice - since I can't offer a lot of variety, sigh.

btw. I'm in need of some help, and would like to take your offer: could you run through a short idea of mine? since I'm unsure of wether or not it could work..

Posted at

I'll be happy to take a look at your idea. Send me the details in a PQ, and I'll get right on it.

Posted at

My search for an artist is still not going quite as well as I'd hoped. So, in the meantime, I thought I'd post some of the concepts I've been writing. Just some basic details though.

Another Rock Show
A story about a struggling rock band trying to hit it big in a small town, and the varied lives of each of it's members. Nana in the key of Young Liars.

My Girlfriend Is Insane
An ordinary highschool student starts dating a girl, who makes it quite clear that she is out of her mind. A manga-inspired piece created specifically to take classic cliches and tropes of the genre and bend them to, and past, their breaking points.

Auto Pilot
An outlandish Speed Racer-inspired comic. It's the story a down-on-his-luck driver is signed onto a struggling racing team, and tries to turn around the fortunes of both of them.

Tasmania Rex
The misadventures of the titular character; a globetrotting Australian-born robot cowboy with a tyrannosaurus head, traveling the world to help others with their problems in his own, comedically violent way. Quite heavily inspired by Dr. McNinja.

Meechi
Meechi
Posted at

I'm kinda interested in your idea for the Dissident. I had an idea similar to that myself and didn't have a way to really flesh it out. If you'd like to talk in private I'd love to maybe share some ideas with you.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.