Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

I swear I'm most productive when celibate… any thoughts on the matter?

Posted at

Absolutely!
The sexual energy is an extremely powerful creative force (it DOES produce another life after all).

This fact is very well known in many cultures, particularly Eastern.

Science too, has measured what is lost during this act… it actually takes your body up to 30 days to produce the incredible concentration of minerals necessary to make babies… and that is if you are getting said minerals in your diet, most of us are not with overprocessed foods, etc.

Naturally, your body considers the production of these minerals for reproduction the highest priority so it will take these minerals from other areas of your body if it is not getting them from your food!

Why do you think prostrate cancer is so prevalent in this society?

Many 'Holy men' and Martial artists throughout history have completely abstained from sex for this reason.

In fact, the better sales books also promote this abstinence if you want to succeed in this profession!

Posted at

well… Total abstinence… Dunno, if I could manage that…

maybe when I reach enlightenment…. nah

Mybe if I was married to someone ugly?

But I'm not, my partner is the most beautiful being in creation
(and no, she's not looking over my shoulder)

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

I had an actual sex drive until I started getting into my webcomic. Stabbed it like O.J.

Posted at

It's true: if I try to draw whilst having sex it just looks really scribbly.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Being all happy with my sex life helps me draw.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

in the 8 months i was drawing ninja wedding, i wasnt having sex. as soon as i started having sex again. BAM, comic hiatus. i hear it's fatal.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

I don't think it has anything to do with physical energy and nutrition, per se. Unless you live in a 3rd world country with drought/famine or something. This is because it's evolutionarily beneficial for humans to masturbate - otherwise the practice would not be prevalent. Don't believe old wives' tales by martial artists. They also believe chi can allow really old men to defeat young strong fighters.

It's prolly simply the fact that if you're getting sex, you simply have more important things to do than drawing webcomics. By that, I mean you'll be spending your spare time doing things/tasks that will facilitate getting it some more: Spending time with your signif other, working out, consenting to go watch Twilight, shaving, etc.

Jabali
Jabali
Posted at

It's true: if I try to draw whilst having sex it just looks really scribbly.

Word! It's pretty difficult when doing digital colors, specially if someone mistakes the tablet pen with… a "toy".

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I think mlai is onto something.

My least creative times have had nothing to do with sex but more to do with having to work and worry about money or someone in my family was sick or the other millions of things that a person has to think and worry and fret about. Even though I've never dated or had sex or anything, I know that those are things that require a lot of thought or at least occupy your mind much of the time (especially if you have a boyfriend or girlfriend).

The times I have been most creative have NOT been the times when I have the most time or energy. They have been the times when I have the least to worry about. When I've had easy classes, an enjoyable job, and was making enough money to pay my bills and put some away for savings. I had only a few hours a day to "create" but I was very productive.

Anyway, I think it's a matter of having a mind that isn't occupied by other things. If you're thinking about sex or finances or classes or anything else, you can't be thinking about imaginative/fictitious things. (And being celibate will not help you if you WANT to have sex, because you will still THINK about it. It will only help if you are content in your abstinence.)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

The times I have been most creative have NOT been the times when I have the most time or energy. They have been the times when I have the least to worry about. When I've had easy classes, an enjoyable job, and was making enough money to pay my bills and put some away for savings. I had only a few hours a day to "create" but I was very productive.
I'm the opposite… :(

I buy what I like right now and I've got more creativity happening in those choices than anywhere else. I hate adversity and not having enough, having worries at the back of my mind that won't go away, but at least it seems I can create then. And when I'm feeling… hor… ran… amorous, that helps even more!

But things are very good for me… I'm not feeling very interested in sex… I even have lots of time to create. And yet… :(

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

But things are very good for me… I'm not feeling very interested in sex… I even have lots of time to create. And yet… :(
Honestly, things are good for me now, but I haven't been able to create in a long time. There's too much free time, so my mind isn't stimulated. I just sit around thinking about how bored I am and how much I hate writer's block. (Probably why I was so creative when I had a fun and interesting job. I could go have my daily challenges and then go home and not have to worry about whether I had enough money to feed myself.)

amanda
amanda
Posted at

It's a priority thing for me. If there isn't a man with his pants off in the immediate area, I'm more likely to draw ^.^ If there IS a pantsless man, the comic is just going to have to wait! (Unless he was an uninvited pantsless man - then I'm going to call the police.)

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

My most creative times are when I've loaded up on caffeine. Oddly enough, in fact, that's a far more effective form of "confidence juice" for me than alcohol, since that's about the only time I even feel social.

Incidentally, I seem to be having a stroke of… artist's block? I dunno. Anyway, maybe I should stock up on a few Monsters.

lba
lba
Posted at

I never tied my lack of productivity to my sex life. Rather, my lack of ability to get anything done was more due to the basic fact of having a girlfriend at all in the past.

Currently, my lack of productive behavior is due to the fact that I work for someone else and finding it kind of unfulfilling. I tend to become my most active, productive and efficient when working for myself as in the case of when I was doing freelance commissions. Because I got more than just a certain rate per hour, I was highly inclined to get things done and create more in general.

I think that productivity just has to do with what you feel is most important at the time. If sex is most important, then it gets your time and vice versa.

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

Wow! Lots of sex here, i feel left out.

Christianity=No Sex 4 You! (Until hitched, that is)

*cries softly*

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

(Unless he was an uninvited pantsless man - then I'm going to call the police.)

*puts pants back on and continues to wait quietly…*

lol

Posted at

Don't believe old wives' tales by martial artists. They also believe chi can allow really old men to defeat young strong fighters.

No?
How about by top salespeople, 'wise men' like Napoleon Hill and Anthony Robbins, elite athletes, and the vast majority of top-level sports coaches from every imaginable sport?

Posted at

Oh… and numerous medical scientists, health practitioners and doctors too.

Sorry mate, this is not an 'old wives' tale.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

elite athletes

You tell them son.

Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

Holy shit… just mention sex and everybody gets all interesting all of a sudden hahaha… I was merely feeling contemplative coz I got stood up last night hahaha

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Holy shit… just mention sex and everybody gets all interesting all of a sudden hahaha… I was merely feeling contemplative coz I got stood up last night hahaha
Ah, so you're looking for some kind of silver lining? ;)

Posted at

Well, most my comics are low brow sexual humor or violent based crap. So poon usually gets me in my pervy mood where I draw sexual humor. And no poon gets me in my Jack Torrance "No work and no play makes Jack a dull boy," violent stage. So I make do either way.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.