Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

I know this is a weird topic, but what kind of shampoo/hair products do y'all use? and how do you style your hair?

Me, i just use aveda junk and straighten my hair… a lot. Probably not wonderful for it but hey! I gots me some frizzy hair.

Posted at

There are products. . . for hair? What an absurd concept.

I just dry it after I get out of the shower and it just kind of sorts itself out. This isn't a good way to do it though, since it's so matted and tangled you could probably cut it off and use it as a doormat.

Posted at

after I get out of the shower
You shower? o_O
I'll have to re-evaluate my opinion of you Trout.

—————-

My hair is long. It's either worn long, bushed, frizzy and a bit curly at the ends… Or plaited back neatly, with a part slightly off centre. When It won't sit right I just wear a beret over it. When it needs a wash and I haven't washed it yet, I tuck it up under the beret.

Um… My Shampoo and conditioner are the kind that moistens dry hair because I have blondey, mousey fine hair that dries out. Fine, but extremely thick according to my hair dresser. :)

Sure I shower. Once a month, every month, whether I need it or not.

You can wear a hat over your hair? Lucky bastard. My hair is so thick it's practically a hood.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Wait? Custard Trout have hair? That's a new one for me…

I don't shower. EVER. Never liked to shower. That water stream hitting my eyes just hurts. However, I dunk myself into a tub of water every night before going to work (I work the graveyard shift).

I use soap, not shampoo. I keep my hair pretty short. I do use conditioners (or whatever you call them) to combat the dandruff though.

Pineapple
Pineapple
Posted at

uhg, this topic reminds of of a story. I was having (my first) shower with my boyfriend, and we were at my place. I caught him looking confused, I asked him what he wanted, he said "soap" I said, "this is a girls' bathroom, we have no soap, only body wash" he then said, "but what do you use to wash your face?". MEN, sniff. I bought him some exfoliating cleanser the next day. His shaving rash has cleared up a lot as well (yay, go me). While I'm here, I'd also like to say that I caught him shaving using head and sholders conditioner. He was like, "heaps of guys do it" (do you?)

I have very short dark red hair. I spike it up using some bad ass gell they discontinued (I got a heap before they did). I used any shampoo that's for coloured hair. I have to wash it every day to get the gell out.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Blonde, thick but fine hair. Whatever fine smelling soap we've got at home, from time to time does the job :)

Posted at

I use 2 in 1 head and shoulders the pink label one. I just dry my hair and let it settle itself…or I were a hat.

I've never used head and shoulders to shave with but then again I use an electric razor…no one ever taught me how to use a regular one and I'm not a big fan of learning from experience if it involves sharp blades near my neck.

ERasER
ERasER
Posted at

HaHa, I'm laughing at the concept of my hair being shampooed and even conditioned. That's hilarious

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I live with my parents. I use whatever shampoo they buy.

I don't style my hair. Sometimes I brush it out. I keep it short enough not to tangle but long enough that it doesn't stick up everywhere when I wake up. My hair is thick, wavy, and brown – with a few white ones. -_- When it gets too long, I hold it out of my face with barrettes.

Posted at

Every night I apply a poultice of mayo, egg yolk, and lemon juice to my scalp. Keeps me lookin' gooooooooooooooooooood. Heh.

Posted at

My hair's long, straight (as long as I blow dry it), and thick. It's not really too stylized, mainly because it's hard to give it any distinct hair style beyond long and staight since there's so much of it. I'm naturally brunette, but I get it highlighted because dark hair washes me out. It's also really prone to getting greasy so I have to take a shower everyday and avoid moisturizing shampoos or else it's skeezy lookin. I mostly use Aveda shampoo. :]

Gillespie
Gillespie
Posted at

My hair is quite long, but not shoulder length. I wash it with either Head & Shoulders or that Old Spice Hair & Body Wash. Afterwards, I comb it and mousse it back if I plan on going outside. I got into the habit of slicking my hair back after playing a greaser in The Outsiders :)

CZweig
CZweig
Posted at

I started using Organix coconut milk shampoo recently. I love the hell out of it, it smells like heaven and leaves my hair feeling soft. Bit pricey compared to your average $2 Suave, but I'm a girly girl and I desire high-end things.

I don't really condition my hair so much, as it's rather oily naturally, and conditioner leaves it looking nasty. If my hair's particularly knotty, I'll spray in a dab or two of leave-in conditioner and work it through, but usually I just comb through it with a thin comb after showering and blow-dry it. Other than that leave-in conditioner, I really don't use many styling products. Maybe a holding spray if I take the effort to curl it, as my hair doesn't hold curls at ALL, but seeing as I basically get dressed and walk out of the house every morning, this happens rarely. Most of the time I just go with it straight brushed; my hair's layered so it's styled pretty naturally.

It's gotten long enough where I could substitute it for a shirt, which is typically when I start craving a new haircut. Knowing me, this will probably happen before winter ends.

wow i just wrote all that about hair i really am a girl.

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

For my hair I use a shade of Schwartzgopf Live red. I occasionally use Studioline gel to style the shorter back but most of the time I just wash it, part it while it's still wet and leave it to dry naturally.
Although if I have time I tend to straighten the front and sides. I have a cowlick so if I don't do anything it flicks out to the side like it's trying to reach out and strangle people that walk by me.

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

Tar Gel for the hair for the dry scalp and maybe a generic conditioner afterwards. I have a Michael Landon-Little House on the Prairie era shag going on right now, but it should be back to the usual long mane within a year. Short hair is easier to manage usually, but it's definitely not for me. My hair is kind of thin and doll-like. Trying to style it usually doesn't work too well. Better to look like a viking, I say.

Jonko
Jonko
Posted at

My hairdresser always tries to sell me shampoo and conditioner that's more than $50 a bottle, respectively. Over $100 for both.
It is pretty good stuff mind you, and it's concentrated too so it lasts for a looooong time, but last time I went I didn't feel like forking out that much just for hair. I'm experimenting with stuff that's a much nicer price now. It seems to do ok.

I agree, I don't understand the point of spending that much on shampoo, does it reallyl change your hairstyle that much!?

I recently started cutting my hair short. I try to blowdry it whenever I can, but usually I just end up letting it dry in the wind because I think it ends up looking the same. i get a lotta stares when I'm walking around in Japan with wet hair, because I think that noone (especially girls) does it.

Posted at

I use Paul Mitchell products exclusively. They just happen to work the best with my hair… my hair dresser uses highhhh end stuff on my hair when I'm getting it done, but doesn't try to push it on me. Paul Mitchell products are affordable and salon quality, and I generally recommend them to others.

I keep my hair uber short (it goes from super short in the back to longer in the front) and I get it dyed/highlighted. It requires, like, no effort whatsoever to take care of and I get compliments on it all the time. XD

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

A lot of people used to comment on how thick my hair was when I had it long. Right now I have it shorter so I don't get as many comments on that. But a few years ago I was frequently stopped in the street about my hair colour back when I used ot get it bleached before the colour went on.

Haven't had the chance in recent months. But it IS mental once it gets going.

Insizwa
Insizwa
Posted at

I use Head & Shoulders - not that I have dandruff, I just love the smell of harsh chemicals.

I also have some el cheapo hair gel I put in to make my hair a little sticky uppy, and sometimes for kicks I'll use a shitload of it, put a hat on and later take it off, so I look like a greaser.

Posted at

Axe Shampoo/Conditioner smells like sweet goodness!

I also style my hair like a guy from the damned 50's. Parted on the side.
The best example is Hal Jordan the Green Lantern…god I'm a nerd.

Posted at

Dove. cause the advert said its better than pantene. Gatsby hair wax and big and sexy hairspray.

Posted at

gel.

sakebento
sakebento
Posted at

Shampoo: Suave (waterfall mist). I don't have much money, so cheap shampoo is the way to go. I'd go even cheaper with White Rain, but that does bad things to my hair.

Conditioner: Herbal Essences (dangerously straight). I care very much about my conditioner, but I'm still pretty cheap. I already have straight hair, and this makes it even nicer. ^-^

I don't really style my hair. I just brush it out and let it hang straight. It's pretty obedient, even though it's long.

Posted at

Pantene Full & Thick, since even though my hair is long, it's very fine, and I suspect as I'm getting older, my biological father's crappy genes are kicking in. D:

I don't style it, though I probably should, nor do I blow it dry, which I also probably should. It tends to get frizzy, and my scalp likes to spew oil as if the Clampetts are coming over for dinner, so most of the time I just throw up my hands and say to hell with it. Perhaps I'll just shave it off and be done with it.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.