Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Short Scripts for artists.

Posted at

I like to write. So i am gonna put little scripts and stuff in here that i do write, but ain't gonna draw myself, for who ever wants to draw them to draw them. All i ask is you leave me a credit ('written by Daniel Lee' is fine) and have fun with them (oh and let me know in this forum if your gonna use one).

Here's the first one. I haven't proof read it or anything coz i am fucked! I can't sleep yet i am too tired to proof read, but not tired enough to not write.

So i'm sleepy, but y'kno, here goes………..

Tilte: Rooftop.

Page 1
Panel 1: We’re looking down on a pretty busy city street from a roof top. Let’s say it’s New York, because every comic (nearly) is set in New York. We can see Taxi’s, cars and buses, some driving, some stuck in traffic, and people just walking around, going about their daily lives, oblivious.

Caption/BOY: Should I or shouldn’t I?

Panel 2: How ever you would like to do this, reveal that there is a boy standing atop this roof that we are looking down from, readying to throw himself off. You could reverse the shot so we’re looking up at him, or just show his shoes at the bottom of this panel whilst still showing the street, it is entirely up to you (the artist).

Caption/BOY: Should I or shouldn’t I?

Panel 3: Here we see the boy bargaining with himself in his head.

Caption/BOY: On one hand I continue to live a life I don’t understand, which bothers me, but not that much.

Caption/BOY: On the other, I die, probably upset my parents and run the strong risk (if Christianity isn’t a load of crap) of spending an eternity in hell.

Panel 4: He looks down at the street.

Caption/BOY: Each option is not really that different in my opinion, except for the ‘parents’ thing.

Page 2
Panel 1: He sighs. The wind blowing through his hair as he still tries to make up his mind.

BOY: Sigh.

Panel 2: He steps back of the ledge of the building and back securely onto the roof of the building.

Caption/BOY: You know, as much as I can’t find a reason to live, I really can’t find one to die either.

Panel 3: He walks back towards the door on the rooftop to enter the building and live another day.

Caption/BOY: See you again tomorrow, Mr. Rooftop.

Panel 4: The BOY has left the roof and here we are left with a low angle shot from the roof, looking up towards the beaming sun. Perhaps we see a few birds and catch the tops of some other buildings. I don’t know wether I should insert a little comment or something here like….

Caption: Life’s worth living.

….but I don’t want to sound too cheesy, no matter how much I think people shouldn’t kill themselves. NO! PUT IT IN! I want people to know that I want them to live.

Caption: Life’s worth living.

Caption: End (in a nice curly font).

Posted at

i think where the '??' apear there should be a '

at least that's waht i was typing in those spaces with '??' in them anyways.

Posted at

oh and also, put or let me put it in my assisted comics section.

Thanx

Posted at

Anyone? No? I just wanna work with people on here and get experience?

Posted at

I know, dude. It's like people are alergic to me or something. Got my hopes up when i saw someone on here had posted, but then they fell when i realised it was just someone mocking the fact that i have no one on here to create with.

Any advice?

Posted at

I'd suggest taking things into your own hands rather than just leaving it on display,PQ some dude you think have a great style and just ask him if he'd be interested or have the time, I mean the only reason the dude replied on my colorist thread is because I asked him on msn lol :D, Basically all your gonna get here is people that are absolutly awfull AND probably busy and possibly quitters. If you get any at all that is ;)

Posted at

Damn. I think i'm just gonna give up the internet for a while i think and focus on my writing and come back when i've got some stuff. I mean, i can draw real well (i'm an animation student) but because i rushed Shark Brain just to get something on here quickly, it doesn't show. I have planned out loads of Shark Brain and it's got a really strong story. Maybe i should just go and focus on just one project, write it, take the time to draw it properly myself, and then return.

mindcat
mindcat
Posted at

i just read the script.
this sounds like a totally cool idea. I would love to do it… but i'm just too damn busy right now. (Eddie's got a point. Everyone's going back to school. You probably wont find anyone with time on their hands for about two months. i know cause i tried this once)
if nobody get's to this thing in a week, I might come back to it.
Also, i can't draw buildings, so i'm not sure that would be a good idea.

Posted at

Well feel free to give it a try. I'll be uploading all sorts of cool, short scripts of varying genres and themes on here, so keep checking.

p_type
p_type
Posted at

I'm not sure how long it might take to draw…. but if I can take a few small liberties with the script, I would like to give it a try.

here is a sample panel so you can get a look……sorry about the link but this forum makes most pics look pretty crappy :(

http:/www.blu3fir3.com/rooftop1.jpg

PQ me if you get a chance and we can figure a few things out.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.