Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

We have a DrunkDuck Member Picture Thread, so why not have a DrunkDuck Member Desk Thread? Yes, it is exactly what it sounds. Show us Ducks your desk, however clean or messy it maybe. Let's start.

I'm a messy dude.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

wow. thats the cleanest desk I ever saw… (*sarcasm*)

Posted at

I've been meaning to put one up:

Note the shameless plug for my comic on the monitor? Also, my shiny new tablet and gigantic dog stuffed animal…because my room looks like it belongs to an eight year old.

Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

I'm almost ashamed about how tidy my desk is, I mean it isn't a total wreck and it's layed out in a sane way.

Annotated version to come.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I control the universe from there… That desk was a derelict beaten up old thing from the 50's I think. It was covered in ink stains and scratches, and left in an abandoned part of an old building. I got it for $20 and fixed it all up good as new with some sanding, lacquer and various things. Turned out pretty good!
-I prefer older stuff, as long as it's practical.
I keep it neat because I need a lot of room for my large tablet and various artwork.

Nice desk Mimarin! Pretty ^_^
Big fishy, I'm amazed you can produce such lovely work with that mess and a mad stuffed toy looking over you so threateningly ^^
Myxo, those grainy shots look artistically mysterious! You pride yourself on artistic mystery…

Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

See Annotated, note the purple walls and the bug that lives thereupon.

Is it me or does myxo's desk look like it was photographed using night vision?

Posted at

zombie survival guide!! I've been wanting to buy that book! DAMN YOU MIMARIN.

geez you guys are all so clean. what the hell's up with that?

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

geez you guys are all so clean. what the hell's up with that?

I know.

It makes me want to clean up.

Posted at

I have to say that I love subcultured's curtain. Lovely work there. (Okay that's the geek arts and crafts greek in me speaking). :)

Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

zombie survival guide!! I've been wanting to buy that book! DAMN YOU MIMARIN.
Yeah it ranks pretty highly on the list of the best guides I have ever purchased.

Also what the hell is up with all this dual monitorness?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

It gives you more room for art when you can just chuck the menus over onto the other screen. It's also good for watching DVDs and web-surfing while working :)

Time for you to get that second monitor Mimarin!

Corvin
Corvin
Posted at

It gives you more room for art when you can just chuck the menus over onto the other screen.

if i had the desk space, id set up my old monitor…

hmmmm…

on that thought, i dont really NEED my scanner ON my desk…

Corvin

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

If you do that and you use a tablet, be aware you'll need to tweak the screen mapping settings a little! For my setup I opened my Wacom tablet properties utility, clicked "advanced mapping" and mapped the tablet to take up all of one scrren and just the side of the other one where the menus were.- if I let my setup to its own devices, it'd either map to one screen only, or the full stretch of both! Which isn't a good idea.

Posted at

Which is a good thing to remember if you are upgrading your monitor to a widescreen one aswell. As you'll have to either use a letterbox section of your tablet or limit the area of screen your tablet matches. Widescreen tablets are available though.

I use letterbox on my laptop as the screen is only 17inch anyway while I limit the area on my desktop to the left as I'm fairly proficient in using (the non wacom) mouse and pen at the same time.

Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

It gives you more room for art when you can just chuck the menus over onto the other screen. It's also good for watching DVDs and web-surfing while working :)

Time for you to get that second monitor Mimarin!

You might be right, I feel like I am living in the past.

josif
josif
Posted at

Yeh my desk isn't very tidy…

Posted at

I think they say that a Scorpio is either very clean or very messy… Guess which one I fall under?

I don't have the digital camera with me anymore so I had to use my webcam.

Dan
Dan
Posted at

I think they say that a Scorpio is either very clean or very messy… Guess which one I fall under?

I don't have the digital camera with me anymore so I had to use my webcam.
Woah, a Drunkduck mug!
Your desktops make mine look like I can reflect my face on it. =/

Posted at

If I had the digital camera with me, I'll show you guys my room. It's so messy that the running joke in my family is that it's its own security system.

…Although it doesn't stop my mom from sleeping in there. :S

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

I cleaned up my desk and decided to try that two monitors thing everybody has.

Now this is my desktop cleaned up (and yeah, that's the BK game.)

Posted at

I have to say that I love subcultured's curtain. Lovely work there. (Okay that's the geek arts and crafts greek in me speaking). :)

thanks!

Zac
Zac
Posted at

I don't have a desk. I constantly move, so I guess my desk is this bag that I carry with me that has all of my supplies in it. And my baby mac book covered in pencil markings from dirty hands, which is not pictured below as mine because my only camera is on the mac… :(

Ghey

stardusty
stardusty
Posted at

I like this thread.
Behold!

I was gonna mark certain things on there, but then decided that's for chumps. If anyone's curious, I can name off the assorted objects cluttering it up.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.