Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
blu
blu
Posted at

so i'm living in the dorms again this year with a good friend, and in the spirit of treating myself to something sugary, i bought this awesome tasty strawberry cream soda, a 4 pack in glass bottles. like this stuff is seriously tasty.
so i was in the middle of the first bottle and i have to stop playing neverwinter nights for a sec and go do something. when i got back, the resident assistant on duty was standing outside my room.

her: "you have a suspicious bottle on your desk. can i ask what it is?"

me: "its soda.. strawberry cream soda.."

she asks to look at the bottle and i show it to her and she says "okay. do you understand why i have to do this?" and i tell her that i've lived in the dorms for 3 years and i completely understand, thinking she was just talking about the unwarranted search. I offered to show her my fridge but she refused. and walked away and i thought that was the end of it. that was last week on like thursday.

so now i've got a notice in my hand to meet with the director of the residence halls to talk about why i had alcohol in my room illegally…

for the record, i dont drink. i've actually never been drunk and i dont really have a desire to anytime soon. so this just adds to the WTF-ness.

how about you guys, ever een wrongly accused/framed/injusticed/pwned?

Slowbro
Slowbro
Posted at

I know this situation would piss anybody off, but you really have to lol at the resident assistant's stupidity…

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Take a bottle of that stuff to the director of the residence so he/she can see what a jackass the RA was.

Posted at

*Agrees with Spang*

That would make me absolutely furious, especially since I'm like you: I don't drink, I hate the stuff, never been drunk before, and I have no intention of doing so. What a prejudiced idiot!

Definitely get your name cleared - take the bottle to the director. That's just harsh. D<

Dragonizer
Dragonizer
Posted at

Oh man, that's really aggravating. But seriously, how stupid could that RA be? Ugh.
Hope you get this cleared up. =o

joe_vee
joe_vee
Posted at

That prudy RA prolly doesn't drink enough to know the difference. Yeah I agree with the others, bring a bottle of the soda and show it to the people. Hopefully they understand, worse case senerio nothing really bad happens if you are written up for just one thing. But still, it's not fair. If i were you I would go to the RA too and tell them that what they did isn't fair.

Posted at

Wow…

I'll probably blow up and rant as I showed him the bottle and yelled at him to fire the resident assistant, or have him/her excusing to me!

The last time I checked…. Soda makes for an nice, messy boom, but it sure isn't beer or alchool.

Spartachu
Spartachu
Posted at

Ugh, my sympathies.

It's sort of like when you do nothing wrong yet you get the blame for something you weren't even related to because people are far to childish to turn themselves in.

But like it's been stated before, just take the bottle and explain everything, and I hope it works out.

Posted at

i totally agree with spang. id take the soada and a detailed list of the events. id also request that person be relived of their duties and a formal apology issued. id also take the matter the school paper and as high up as you could as far as staffers. maybe even an attorney. b/c its funny that some one is that much of a f*cknut, but this could seriously affect youe academic carrer if they dont take your side. anyway good luck

blu
blu
Posted at

ok i talked to her. she said she'd drop the charges and talk to the idi– i mean the RA. :3
so i'm in the clear now

and to celebrate i'm gonna go get more strawberry cream soda :D
i'm such a rebel.

Posted at

ok i talked to her. she said she'd drop the charges and talk to the idi– i mean the RA. :3
so i'm in the clear now

and to celebrate i'm gonna go get more strawberry cream soda :D
i'm such a rebel.

:D Can I join in the celebrating?

joe_vee
joe_vee
Posted at

PSH forget the strawberry, I would go for the real stuff after what that RA did…but then again she might have it out for you so maybe it's best to be careful? :P

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

How the hell did they become an RA when they can't pick up the bottle and read the label?

warren
warren
Posted at

Sounds like time for a revenging! Especially since the RA appears to be a Grade A moron.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Sounds like time for a revenging! Especially since the RA appears to be a Grade A moron.

That would be a stupid idea, since an RA does have authority, no matter how dumb you think they are. Trust me, I've learned that lesson all to well. I mean, to the point where I'm an idiot for just not getting it. Weather that makes me a good candidate for that bit of advice or the worst… well, I dunno.

Just do what SpANG said. Bring the bottle, explain clearly, and don't get upset. Your RA may be an idiot, but once the situation if resolved don't try to piss with them, or else you'll have some actual trouble on your hands.

marine
marine
Posted at

Start drinking A&W.

Looks JUST like a beer bottle.

Also make sure your tasty cream soda isn't a wine cooler or more likely a malt liquor. You might not have realized you even had a alcoholic beverage.

Posted at

Start drinking A&W.

Looks JUST like a beer bottle.

lmao now that'd be hilarious

Posted at

I feel your pain. I taught fourth grade for a number of years. What else do you read with a bunch of nine year olds, other than "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe." So, I stay up half the night making Turkish Delight for the entire class. Enough that every student can take some home and have enough to share with a family.

We do the lesson, they love the candy…Two hours later a SWAT team shows up at my class (which is in a portable) banging on the door…The kids were terrified…Turns out, another teacher saw a couple of my students cleaning out a serving dish (the class plate of Turkish Delight) in the girls bathroom and turned me into the principal, because she thought it was Anthrax. Yes, anthrax…(it was right after 9'11) and instead of the principal calling and asking me about it, she called the "authorities." I won't bore you with the aftermath, but it was a pain.

I ended up quitting that job, in high style.

blu
blu
Posted at

story

oh wooooowww. for someone to make that kind of accusation would take so much more paranoia than logic :(

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

I think as long as you bring in the very same soda you was drinking in, and demand the person who tolled that you was drinking if that was the exact same thing they saw.

As long as you tell the truth, you sould be okay. And hell, since you don't drink, you could get a test on you to prove your clean.

Posted at

Man, am I ever so glad to not be living in a dorm…Renter for life! My fridge has been riddled with booze ever since I've moved out and no one really cares.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.