Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

So there were these two guys...

Posted at

I'm waiting for the subway next to this douchey dude in a black-on-black suit. He's spitshining one of his shoes when I sit down. I pull out an issue of Plastic Man and start reading.

Another dude comes along and sits. This guy looks like a short fratboy bike messenger.

The second dude looks at the first dude.

Bike Messenger: Dude, are you from Ohio?

Black Suit: Yeah.

BM: You play jazz?

BS: Yeah.

BM: Yeah, I know you, man.

BS: Dude, brother; what's your name?

BM: Eric.

BS: Dude, where do I know you from?

BM: Well, uh, we've never met, but I…we, uh, dated the same girl, man.

BS: No sh*t? What's her name?

BM: Sara Boatright. It woulda been way back a year-and-a-half for you, man.

BS:Huh. I don't remember her.

BM: You're lucky, man.

The bike messenger dude looks at me. "See, you're reading a comic book," he says. "The real comedy's real life, man."

The train comes and we get on. A few stops later I look down the subway car to see the dudes talking to some girl and laughing way too hard. I hope for her sake that's not Sara Boatright, cuz those situations are always soooo uncomfortable.

Vindibudd
Vindibudd
Posted at

Plastic Man is a comic book?

<<<Goes in ignorant shame to Google….

Posted at

Heh. Well, that's quite a tale! Poor little Sara- if that's that.

Odd- ex-boyfriend and boyfriend with a girlfriend? How odd. Very odd.

Posted at

Wow, weird situation. It reminds me of times when my friends and their parents were fighting and I was just visiting… Too awkward…

Posted at

The proper response to that final line would be

"Yea, but if I were to shoot you in the foot, it wouldn't be funny now would it?"

Posted at

I would look inot his eyes and ask 'Are you the Matrix?' like Chris on Family Guy did.

Posted at

Plastic Man is a comic book?

<<<Goes in ignorant shame to Google….

Has Plastic Man ever been anything besides a comic? He's never been a cartoon or anything, has he?

Let's wikipedia the poor bastard: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_Man

Posted at

Wow to say youre dissing him, he sounds quite cool

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Sara Boatright, ehhhh?

marine
marine
Posted at

I think the Plastic Man guy had something to do with one of the big dc events. Like his wife gets raped and they all erase batmans memory of it. I read about it in Wizard. I would go read about him on wikipedia, but I don't really care. I just thought I'd share what I knew of this "plastic man"

I think saw a Plastic Man toy once with a bunch of Batman and Superman stuff. I think it was in a Hot Topic or Spencers. One of those gothy mall stores like that. The toy looked like crap.

Posted at

You should write a comic about that. Akward situations.

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

The last line he says to you is hilarious…The bike messenger dude looks at me. "See, you're reading a comic book," he says. "The real comedy's real life, man."

Sounds like a line from Waking Life.

He's a bik messenger and a philosopher!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.