Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Social Network Sites

roma
roma
Posted at

This is pretty much a rant. Every month one of my friends sends me invite links to join up/take a look at this new social network sites. I spent more that half of my afternoon deleting unused accounts. I thought that there was no end. In total I think I was registered at over 16 sites to date. I've amazingly narrowed it down to myspace, bebo, deviantart(does deviant art count?), facebook, Go Gaia and LinkedIn.

So yeah, I felt like I accomplished something today but from now on no more social sites. That it. Done. No more. Fin.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

There's a thread for rants…

I think Deviantart does count. But then people use Wikipedia for that and even Drunk Duck! ^_^
I've avoided all of the dedicated social network sites, but I've just joined Facebook because an old friend sent me an invite… I hope I don't regret it. Will I regret it?

Posted at

Na you wont its a really cool site, but some ones like Bebo, i signed up for that, liked it for a week then got bored and deleted my account

Posted at

Those things are evil, at least people like me who sit around playing twenty year old computer games instead of working admit we're un-social wastes of space.

What the hell is the point of those things? 'Add me to your friends list so I can never talk to you again!' or 'hiloloxoxoxox!!!!!11111!!!'' is not fucking 'social networking' (does that make anyone else think of those annoying corporate buzzwords that were so prevalent some amount of time ago? Maybe MySpace just needs more e-synergy.)

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

MySpace is for babies. It's also turned into quite the sh*tpile.

Facebook.

ShadowDion
ShadowDion
Posted at

i'm sorry if i offend anyone but i can't stand any of these social networking sites. all the time people harass me why i haven't joined facebook and more and more it seems like a cult, and that it is becoming myspace. facebook used to at least be a place where only college kids could go, now it is every tool that wants to make one, can. to make matters worse, now anyone can create an application, and everyone has gone application crazy. people want to customize their little spaces and it just becomes a grotesque, chaotic mess.
frankly, i don't care if people can find me so they can friend me and write on my wall to tell me: 'haha, nice pic!' i think they whole concept of social networking is rather riddiculous like bottled water. maybe it's just me, but i never thought writing emails or im's or comments was very social, but that's just me.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

I have a MySpace for my band, along with one for myself, but I haven't checked either of them in a while. As far as on-line socializing goes for me, I use MSN, IRC, PQ and the DD Forums :p

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.