Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Something everyone should do (involving music)!

Senshuu
Senshuu
Posted at

If you have a lot of free time, are bored, and you have a comic, you should pop on over on imeem or Pandora or one of those similar music sites and create music playlists/fake "OSTs" for your work. %D I did for one of my comics. Some songs are experimental but most I strongly associate with the comic!

I mentioned in places that I tend to see my comics as animations or real movies in my head long before they ever come out on paper, and music has a lot to do with that. (Admittedly though, a lot of those tracks I included would just be songs on some of my characters' MP3 players or within their CD collections, hee.)

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

Imeem! You know, strangely, I have done this before! I have actually created what one would call a 'fake OST' for my comics xD. I think this is good for the imagination xD. Plus, my comics are deeply inspired by music alone. :p

warefish
warefish
Posted at

I read the words "Involving music" and rushed over here as soon as possible!!
But alas… I do not understand…

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

I guess I do have a few unofficial "theme songs" for certain scenes or characters. Nothing elaborate, though.

In high school, I used to make mixtape soundtracks for role-playing adventures I ran. I'd dub a copy for all the players, complete with liner notes and artwork. But I haven't done anything like that in a while. Obviously I had way too much time on my hands back then. ;)

Posted at

I've got a projectplaylist account for my comic theme songs :)

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

Download free music illegally by going to playlist.com, searching for the desired song, clicking the (visit site) link next to its name, copying the green url into your url bar, and choosing "Save file" when the option pops up. Comprende?

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

I love pandora. And Though i have never thought out a whole OST for my comics or whatever…I have picked out a theme song for Faults!

Ahem:

Artichokes by Maps & Atlases

C R A Z Y !

Senshuu
Senshuu
Posted at

I read the words "Involving music" and rushed over here as soon as possible!!
But alas… I do not understand…

1. Sign up on imeem!
2. Find songs you know on there that you relate to your comic.
3. Put them on a playlist called "fake OST for my comic!!1" or something to that effect.
4. ???
5. Profit!

On another note, I'd have done this for my fantasy comic, except I imagine it mostly set to lyricless orchestral/world music. Now if only they invented something where I could just think of music and have it come out in MP3 form, rather than composing it…

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

Now if only they invented something where I could just think of music and have it come out in MP3 form, rather than composing it…

That would be a piece of technology that I would pay any price for xD.

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

I love pandora.

Word. I've found so much new (well, new to me) music on there. And once I figured out I could dub mix tapes from Pandora by hooking my laptop up to my stereo… it was on!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.