Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Souls of Children Reassigned by Catholic Church

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/babies-born-without-baptism-go-to-limbo/20061006115409990007?ncid=NWS00010000000001

…Because rearranging the divine order of the universe is easy, apparently.

Vagabond
Vagabond
Posted at

Although Catholics have long believed that children who die without being baptized still have original sin and are thus excluded from heaven, the church has no formal doctrine on the matter, Vatican officials have noted.

When you're only doing it on our end, it's actually pretty easy.

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

I think this is the funniest quote in the entire article:

Asked if the document will "tip the balance in the favor of heaven" for babies now believed to go to limbo, Archbishop Bruno Forte told state TV, "I hope so."

Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

Like babies can tell the difference between one thing or the other.

PhatScurl
PhatScurl
Posted at

its times like these, that make me happy that Martin Luther helped us break away from the catholic faith, but insulted by my religious roots

Rich
Rich
Posted at

LOL! Catholicism always succeeds in massive amounts of dumbassery and hypocracy. After all, changing what the rules say WILL change what god does to dead babies…

Posted at

Being a Catholic myself, I'm not quite bothered by the whole thing. The impression I got was that the Vatican simply didn't have a clear stance on the subject of unbaptised babies and limbo so is now investigating the matter. Meanwhile, everyone else was forming their own opinions about limbos and babies.

Posted at

It reminds me of a brilliant show, "Father Ted," and a wonderful few lines delivered by Father Dougal

"You remember how it used to be that we couldn't eat meat on Fridays? And now we can. So what about those people that used to eat meat on Fridays? Do they still go to Hell? It's mad!"

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.