Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Posted at

I'm just wondering, which do you guys like better, sugar or salt?

Personally, I can't stand large amounts of suger. Heck, I can't really eat a bowl of fruit loops. The taste is just too much. Funny thing is, I like putting salt in cereal with milk in it instead of sugar lol!

lba
lba
Posted at

That's kind of like asking whether we prefer bananas or ice cream. They're only vaguely related.

I like whichever works on what I'm eating. I don't discrimnate between my granular additives.

Posted at

Well… They look the same… and you wouldn't really know which one is which is they were in two identical containers…

Posted at

You put… salt in your cereal? Blech! That's gotta be against a law somewhere! Eeeeuwwww!

That aside, I love both, in copious amounts depending on what I am eating, but always seperate.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

A bit o' both every day. I can't stand either in high amounts. I don't add plain salt or sugar to anything. I need more complex flavors, spice mixes, sauces, etc. I usually don't like potato chips or candy. I need things like buffalo wings and fancy pastries instead. ;)

My brother hates all sweets – except soda. Due to his cola intake, he has WAY more sugar in his diet than any of his roommates get from cookies and cakes…

Posted at

salt, most definitely. don't get me wrong, sugar has its place, but how can you substitute the bitter goodness of salty foods. I don't think I would go so far as to put salt on my cereal though…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

but how can you substitute the bitter goodness of salty foods.
Salt isn't bitter… It's salty :)
You can get bitter salt though, as well as sweet, sour etc… But your usual Sodium Chloride salt is just plain salty ^^
The others are things like potassium salts and so on.

I like lots of salt, and lots of sugar… And lots of all flavours.

Posted at

I need both to sustain life.

ditto.

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

I'm a sugar nut. I don't have to have much salt. It's good for flavoring, especially meats and eggs (and I'm talking seasoned salt or steak seasonings for me personally) or garlic salt or even sea salt. But I still don't prefer that over sugar. B)

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

i like both…

fries go with salt…

strawberries and cookies are sugar….

mmmm

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

What about pepper?
It's lovely ^^ I like all kinds of peppery flavours. The strongest pepper flavours are chillies of course… I generally find that a bit of overkill. Generally. Although it's great in some things. It's not too great for you though; in that too much chillie will permanently reduce the sensitivity of your taste buds. :(

Posted at

You put… salt in your cereal? Blech! That's gotta be against a law somewhere! Eeeeuwwww!

Actually, salt in porridge is quite nice. So is honey, syrup, sugar, chocolate, cream, evaporated milk, jam, marmalade, raisins, nuts, currents, sultanas, seeds, fruit, and pretty much everything really. Except vinegar, possibly.

I like both sugar and salt, as long as they aren't in huge amounts. Pepper though, is good in any quantity.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I go through phases when I crave salty foods (like pretzels - lots and lots of pretzels) and then some when I crave sugary foods only (like koolaid - lots and lots of koolaid)…

On margaritas, though, sugar is superior to salt on the rim. Oh yeah. (This may be a separate topic entirely, though.)

Posted at

Psssh. BOTH! Salt on a brownie is awesome. Also, salty fries go great with chocolate milkshakes.:D

Paper_Cut
Paper_Cut
Posted at

Sugar. Is. The. Way. To. Go.

Salt in cereal? You must have iron taste buds.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

I never had sugar in my cereal until last year.

I was like O_O OM NOMNOMNOM NOM.

But still, I prefer ketchup on everything. I heard that contains sugar. Or salt. Or both.

Posted at

Well, all I know is that a eating a spoonful of sugar will cure hiccups. What the heck did SALT ever do?

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH MY LOOOOOOORD!!!!!!!!! 8D

Posted at

I'm pretty sure a few teaspoons of salt in water is supposed to cure something, coughs maybe?

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

you're supposed to gargle warm salt water if you got a sore throat…or something similar…

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I hate them both.

sugar - diabetes

salt - high blood pressure

Choose.

Memmy
Memmy
Posted at

Well we all have our own little poison.

Salt is all good, but it plays hand in triggering vertigos.

Sugar is awesome until they make you drink 50g of sugar in under 5 minutes for glucose intolerace test. I felt my skin turn green.

Posted at

I hate them both.

sugar - diabetes

salt - high blood pressure

Choose.

Damn right, don't go eating that food either, makes you fat. Oh, and air, make sure you don't breathe it in, carries diseases you know.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.