Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Superbowl!

hat
hat
Posted at

Anyone here plan to watch the Superbowl?
I don't watch all football, but I'm defenetly going to watch this, especially for the commercial.

I've got 20 bucks on the colts.

Posted at

Da bears are going to win. Chicago is the best city ever. -grew up there-

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

prince is the halftime show, isn't he?

…did he?

hat
hat
Posted at

Yes he was.

Colts win 29-17

Disappointing commercials.

Posted at

Whoa, my first superbowl living in an apartment (always lived inna house)
totally different! almost like someone just dropped off a couple o' dozen frat guys in the driveway 3 feet from my livingroom window/poorch.
…and no I'm not really into football, but I wasn't mad, just mesmerized at how loud and…drunk people can be in public to support sports! ^_^

so this tuesday if I wander down the street drunk with no shirt and an open beer, does "go colts" still work?

ha ha teasing! Seriouly though it was fun to watch all the sports people freak out. I come from a non sporting event home, meh!

yeah uh…go colts…whooo . . .?

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

I had to work the superbowl, at the drafthouse. Kind of shitty, but I don't really watch football, and I made a lot of money. I worked more than 12 hours today, though :-\

Beaums
Beaums
Posted at

Sports? What's that?

How can you guys NOT watch the Superbowl?! Everyone watches it, even the people who don't like sports! It's the sporting event of the year! It's the snacking event of the year! It's the cheering event of the year! It's the betting event of the year! And who could forget the more than enjoyable time you and your friends have when you all gather at some one's house on that fateful Sunday afternoon! The Superbowl unites us, even if we are rooting for the different team! Come on you guys… FOOTBALL!! (That's my motivating speech for the day, I like to think that I've made a difference…)

Anyways. I watched the Superbowl. My money was on the Colts and they pulled through! Woo! NO ONE tops Peyton Manning, NO ONE! He's the freakin' Mac! (Prince did pretty dern good at the halftime show too, though I would've really liked to see him or one of his dancers slip and fall on the wet stage.) ROCK!

Oh, and did you guys catch al those turnovers? Whew!

Posted at

Sports? What's that?

How can you guys NOT watch the Superbowl?! Everyone watches it, even the people who don't like sports! It's the sporting event of the year! It's the snacking event of the year! It's the cheering event of the year! It's the betting event of the year! And who could forget the more than enjoyable time you and your friends have when you all gather at some one's house on that fateful Sunday afternoon! The Superbowl unites us, even if we are rooting for the different team! Come on you guys… FOOTBALL!! (That's my motivating speech for the day, I like to think that I've made a difference…)

Anyways. I watched the Superbowl. My money was on the Colts and they pulled through! Woo! NO ONE tops Peyton Manning, NO ONE! He's the freakin' Mac! (Prince did pretty dern good at the halftime show too, though I would've really liked to see him or one of his dancers slip and fall on the wet stage.) ROCK!

Oh, and did you guys catch al those turnovers? Whew!

…Stanley cup is better.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

How can you guys NOT watch the Superbowl?!

Bears vs. Colts.
Prince at the halftime.
Being bombarded by stupid beer commercials.

Those are my reasons.

And I checked the superbowl LXI comercials on utube. Not a ONE was clever. Very dissapointing year, all around. :/

Congrats on winning your bet, hat. ;)

kaminari
kaminari
Posted at

If it counts, I watched the colts when they arrived on their Northwest Airbus 330, but I was there to make sure none of them or their crew strayed into restricted airfield.
Then they all got into their fancy presidential-esque motorcade and drove off. A bunch of other rich and famous people showed up in their fancy private jets. Wayne Huizenga, the super-Billionaire who owns the Dolphins and a bunch of other stuff, has his own aircraft hangar and ramp there. He had built a small carnival with a small ferris wheel, rides, games, an open bar for his friends during the Superbowl.

A few days later they had the Southwest Airlines Pull-a-plane event with about 15 ex-NFL stars and 15 Broward Sheriff Officers and Firefighters. Both groups had to each pull a Southwest Boeing 737 weighing roughly 90,000lbs 50 yards. The group that did it the fastest would win fancy stuff from Southwest for a charity. It was amusing but it seemed too easy. They should have pulled an A330 or 767-400
The NFL guys were real cocky about it. Especially after they won by 5 seconds.

So that was the extent of my Superbowl fun..
No way in hell I watched or cared about that game.
And they say it will be back in 2010.

The only time I was even remotely near watching it was that year with Janet Jackson. I was working a CS job at another airport and it was on the big plasma tv behind my counter. I wasnt paying attention and the people waiting for flights who were leaning on the counter watching suddenly looked at each other and said "Did I just see what I think I saw?"

Beaums
Beaums
Posted at

…Stanley cup is better.

True dat. When you're Canadian, NOT loving the Stanley Cup is basically considered a crime, so it's a damn good thing I like it! The Stanley Cup actually ranks higher than the Superbowl in my eyes, I just think the Superbowl receives more hype and attention. Shame…

Bears vs. Colts.
Prince at the halftime.
Being bombarded by stupid beer commercials.

Those are my reasons.

And I checked the superbowl LXI comercials on utube. Not a ONE was clever. Very dissapointing year, all around. :/

Congrats on winning your bet, hat.

Yeah, the commercials were pretty disappointing this year. I was expecting big laughs, but I only experienced a mere chuckle here and there. Prince did alright at the halftime show though, I got nothing against him…

Zac
Zac
Posted at

I like how this thread has less replies than a normal thread does.

:D

Yay for artists!

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

Speaking as a guy from Illinois, let's have some respect for the dead(you know what I mean).

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.