Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Superhero Comic creators "A Common Universe for Drunk Duck?"

Dumok
Dumok
Posted at

I was thinking of doing some plugs for the various comics on DD. Just out of curiousity would anyone be interested in perhaps making up a "Common background" For the Superheroes in Drunk Duck? I realise that some of us have different ratings but maybe we can pull it off if we work out Which Hero/Team operates in which city? Maybe a crossover here with different titles could prove to be useful.
If interested PQ Me and we can work out the details.
I'd be willing to set up a topic in War-Mage's Forum for this.

ProfessorF
ProfessorF
Posted at

I'm all for it! I love the idea… A massive crossover would be awesome.

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

Good luck with this, I've learned it's easier on a smaller scale with creators who already know each other and their work and who are more serious about the idea. It's why my crossovers and universe-sharing have gone over so well.

So you might want to keep it small at first. It takes one wrong move by an author who just came in to throw all continuity out of whack.

Lsnewton
Lsnewton
Posted at

If all else fails, though, "CRISIS ON INFINITE WEBCOMICS".

Dumok
Dumok
Posted at

I set up a crossover thread in My comic's forum, Just stop by and Let me know if you're interested.

GaryB
GaryB
Posted at

While the idea did appeal to me, I dont think my characters would mix well with an "adult" themed comic like Warmage. I wouldn't mind doing crossovers with other super hero comics, but I wont subject my world or characters to a world that is filled with gratuitous sex scenes.

Plus. I didn't find your forum on Warmage. But after reading your comic, I'm not so sure its a good mix.

Dumok
Dumok
Posted at

Well for the most part, War Mage Doesnt engage in "Indiscriminate" sex, He has Kriti and a few other women that he has relations with. It's Not like he's going to battle supervillains by screwing them (Althought that is Not a bad way to stop some villainesses , Heh.) I try to keep the sex and the combat seperate unless the story calls for it. So No, if your caracters are featured in My comic that doesnt mean that I am going to write them into a sex scene with My characters (Unless You ask me nicely).
All it means is I am promoting your webcomic and letting My fans Know "Hey this is a cool webcomic I found."
At any rate, Here is the link to My forum on Warmage: Check it out!

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

"Sex scene's" you say? "Crossover" you say? "Drunk duck" you say? "The" you say?

I am intrigued, Glarg and Steve seem like they'd fit right it. Which of your comics is the one with the forum?

Dumok
Dumok
Posted at

That would be warmage, the link to the comic is in My sig.

mcman
mcman
Posted at

It does sound really cool, but I'm pressed for time as it is. I have so many things to do in my story, I really don't have room for this. I feel really bad that I can't contribute, but I feel hpKomic has a good point. It 'is' very difficult for large-scale cross-overs. It might get to the point where you're handling cross-overs so much that you loose your own story. I really don't want to do that to my readers. It was a good idea, dood, and maybe some of your closer friends here will be able to, but my story just doesn't have room.

Dumok
Dumok
Posted at

Well Keep in mind, It doesnt HAVE to be a "complete" cross over, Just little things here and there to imply a common universe. News reports, Newspapers The occassional T-Shirt or even a mention through the characters or by the "narrator". It can be as subtle a mention as you want, but any crossovers should be cleared by the author of the character.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.