Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

T-shirt Question

JamieCOTC
JamieCOTC
Posted at

This question is for any and all artists who sell t-shirts. What are the most popular sizes of t-shirts? A friend of mine is looking to set up some silk screen t-shirts to sell and was curious.

Thanks!

Jamie

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

I's have to say lerge/xtra large. That's not what I wear, but it's what a lot of people wear.

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

I would first ask what kind of things she wants to silkscreen. I've worked in a store that sells a lot of t-shirts for a long time and I can tell you that what's on the tshirt makes a big difference in what sells. In music/band tshirts emo and punk bands sell mostly small sizes, where metal bands sell only XL XXL and XXXL. Classic rock, selling to older people, takes the middle ground. T-shirts that might appeal to gamers, or other computer nerds sell mostly larger sizes. Sports and wrestling tees sell larger, but anything vintage or vintage inspired sells small.

To sumerize, think about the tshirt and who you can picture wearing it. If the answer is "the comic book guy from the simpsons" go mostly larger sizes. If the answer is "Trendy, ironic hipsters" go small. Hope that helps some.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.