Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

T-shirts and idots

herio
herio
Posted at

A MAJOR retailer has come under fire for selling a line of T-shirts pitched at school students featuring slogans such as "Miss Bitch", "Miss Floozy" and "Mr Drunk".

The Australian Childhood Foundation has called on retail chain Jay Jays to withdraw the Little Losers line of clothing, claiming they send the wrong message to impressionable tweens and teens.

"These are negative messages and adolescence is an impressionable time," Australian Childhood Foundation CEO Joe Tucci said. "If I was the company I'd withdraw them."

Other shirts in the range feature cartoon characters labelled with names such as "Mr Pimp", "Mr Asshole" and "Mr Well Hung", as well as tiny shorts bearing the words "Total Bitch".

I Wanted a Mr Pimp T-shirt. I could have gotten a sticker set and I think I've seen these tops there before. They had big letters and more crude drawings on them. You have to wonder about this article, what's their problem? The whole store is full of funny T-Shirts

Posted at

A MAJOR retailer has come under fire for selling a line of T-shirts pitched at school students featuring slogans such as "Miss Bitch", "Miss Floozy" and "Mr Drunk".

The Australian Childhood Foundation has called on retail chain Jay Jays to withdraw the Little Losers line of clothing, claiming they send the wrong message to impressionable tweens and teens.

"These are negative messages and adolescence is an impressionable time," Australian Childhood Foundation CEO Joe Tucci said. "If I was the company I'd withdraw them."

Other shirts in the range feature cartoon characters labelled with names such as "Mr Pimp", "Mr Asshole" and "Mr Well Hung", as well as tiny shorts bearing the words "Total Bitch".

i whated mr Mr Pimp i colud have goten a stiker set and i think i seen thease tops there be for with big letters and more cured drawings you have to wonder how did this artaicle why hot hate the hole store its full of funy tops
http://www.jayjays.com.au/jayjays.html

Did someone get on your computer and edit?

Posted at

i whated mr Mr Pimp i colud have goten a stiker set and i think i seen thease tops there be for with big letters and more cured drawings you have to wonder how did this artaicle why hot hate the hole store its full of funy tops
… I'm not fluent in Broken Keyboardese. Translation, please? Do you agree with the withdrawal, or not?

Personal opinion - any tween/teen who has the money to buy these, and do so…. Well, they're probably doing it for a laugh. If I was a parent, I would probably be reluctant to let my child wear something with the words "Mr Pimp" or "Mr Well Hung" on, but if these children's parents allow them to wear these things, then I don't think the perceived problem lies with the store selling them.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Translation:
I Wanted a Mr Pimp T-shirt. I could have gotten a sticker set and I think I've seen these tops there before. They had big letters and more crude drawings on them. You have to wonder about this article, what's their problem? The whole store is full of funny T-Shirts:
Herio has a very individual way of writing… it's not deliberate. Pretty easy to translate though :)

As for the site… Gah, I'm already tried of the 1980's revival stuff. bright colours @_@

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

Anyone remember Hypercolor T-shirts? Now that was a bad idea. They changed color right where your armpits were (since that where the heat was), and they fell apart after about 2-3 washes. Duuummb.

I just saw a guy wearing a T-shirt today that said "STAY 500 YARDS AWAY" on the back. It was strange. I was going to ask him why I needed to stay 500 yards away from him, but he looked very jittery, so I think it was on his shirt for a real reason.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I'd naturally assume he had gas or something… :)
I still have a couple of holey old Hyperclour T-shirts somewhere. They stopped working after about a month, maybe a little more?

Posted at

Anyone remember Hypercolor T-shirts? Now that was a bad idea. They changed color right where your armpits were (since that where the heat was), and they fell apart after about 2-3 washes. Duuummb.

dear god! I remember having that as a child. after a while my mom wanted me to stop wearing it snice I would have other children breathing and blowing hard on my chest to try to get it to change colors. or putting thier handprints everywhere. lol

It was like I was the only kid on the block who had it, so they just wanted to see what having a hypercolor shirt was like.

Posted at

dear god! I remember having that as a child. after a while my mom wanted me to stop wearing it snice I would have other children breathing and blowing hard on my chest to try to get it to change colors. or putting thier handprints everywhere. lol

O.O holy cow.

I think kids are going to wear stupid shirts. There are some of us who can appreciate some of the irony in wearing those shirts, and honestly it probably helps as a labelling device ("So, she's wearing shorts that say 'Total Bitch'… maybe I shouldn't talk to her!").

I'd have to ask what parent allowed their wee kid to walk out of the house with that shirt on if they actively disliked it. Maybe if they're 16, but 12? Prooobably not.

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

I have a few shirts with smart ass sayings on them. I wear them when I go out and don't feel like giving a fuck.

Two monkeys holding bananas, one has large one, and it says, "Mine's Bigger".

Another one has a skull with spikes out of the head that says, "Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis" (Education is the greatest form of rebellion)

Shirt with a demon wolf that says "Let those who do not understand me fear me" then under the wolf it says, "Let those who understand me fear themselves"

A long sleeved shirt that has large knives up the arms and two 1911's crossed that says, "My little friends"

Little demon holding a bat with the phrase, "I wish you were a pinata…"

Finally, a shirt that says, "Yes, I hear voices and they don't like you!"

Posted at

Heh. I've got a couple of t-shirts that has those smart-ass sayings too as well.

Grey shirt that says:
"Hi…
I don't care…
Thank you."

one with a surfing monkey that says: "It's not an attitude, it's just the way I am."
I liked wearing this on occisions if I had to work or study under people who appently thought that I had some kind of bad attuditue just because of the fact that I can act a little distant at times. So every time they would whine about my distant personality, I would just "read the words on my shirt. it speaks for me."
that would shut them up most of the time, but not all the time. Because hey, not everyone can be perky and happy all the time. Even me.

"Save the drama for your mama"

"Blame my parents"

"Rebel"–And it has those shiny chains on it too, from my shoulder to my right hip almost like a sash type. if you know what I mean.

and last one… I'm too lazy to get up and look at it.. but I think the saying on it goes something like this:
"Give me strength to fight
to the freedom somewhere,
Give me strength to withstand
This clutching and jolting,
to breathe without choking,
This murky stifling air."

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

Nope, not one bit :kitty:

Posted at

oh snap, I almost forgot my favorite: "From sane to INSANE in 1.5 seconds" The "INSANE" is in giant letters, while the other text is considerable smaller but still readable.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.