Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

The Apple of Discord is joining DrunkDuck

Kallisti
Kallisti
Posted at

Hey, don't know if anybody knows me… the name's Adam, although I go by the handle Kallisti in most places nowadays. I'm an aspiring scifi novelist and a former television producer… local stuff only, nothing fancy… that now works for a large corporation doing menial networking tasks on 3rd shift. I'm married, and have a baby on the way.

I do a comic called "The Apple of Discord" which started back in March '08. I've been hosting myself up until now on my own, but figured that since I read a number of comics here already, I might as well throw a mirror of AoD up here too.

So… er… howdy, new neighbors!

Posted at

Welcome Adam. You know the drill. Kick your shoes off, pick your cushion, have a seat and a glass of tea [or cold hot cola depending on the visitor].

Posted at

Welcome Adam, I know you won't regret the decision of hosting your comic here:) I would recommend the tea over the cola though;)

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Oh hey! I read AoD already ^.^ Having it hosted on DrunkDuck simplifies my life even further though. Yay! Nice to meet you, somewhat officially.

Posted at

It's a good choice. I also got a mirror here while hosting my own. DrunkDuck is a great place to collect commentary, which is difficult to get elsewhere. I look forward to reading what you've prepared.

Enjoy your stay!

Posted at

No one knows you, and no one cares. Hooray!

Welcome to DrunkDuck. Don't drink the cola, and don't bend over in the shower.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Baby on the way eh Adam? Congratulations you're in for a horrifyingly wonderful experience - you'll soon find yourself arguing with your wife over who's had the most minutes of sleep. I hope you have a good buffer on the comic pages.

Tea is good, cola is bad and Custard showers are not to be recommended.

Kallisti
Kallisti
Posted at

Riiiight. Note to self, 'avoid cola'. Got it.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody. I'm still dumping AoD's archive into my account here, so if you check back in a little bit there should be a lot more comics.

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

don't bend over in the shower.

Goddamnit Trout! You know that fresh meat is hard to find these days!

Kallisti
Kallisti
Posted at

I'm a net-vet of the old guard… trust me, I'm not that fragile.
I am a little curious about the tea vs cola thing, but unless it involves sacraficing children to the joint forces of Ra and Bill Gates, chances are nothing you tell me is going to scare me off.

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Welcome, see as you can't drink cola. allow us to offer a substitute. Its better than cola, and cheaper than air. in fact it is FREE!!!! and for a limited infinity we are offering you this tasty beverage guaranteed to be the last cola you will ever drink!! ITS JUST THAT GOOD!!
Drink the Cold Hot Cola! Drink the Cold Hot Cola! Drink the Cold Hot Cola! Drink the Cold Hot Cola! Drink the Cold Hot Cola! Drink the Cold Hot Cola! Drink the Cold Hot Cola!
So would You Like A Cold Hot Cola?

Kallisti
Kallisti
Posted at

Why thank… hey, wait a minute, is this a trick?

Posted at

Yes.

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Why thank… hey, wait a minute, is this a trick?

no, no trick. we simply want you to enjoy the magic of our Cold Hot Cola.

so drink and be… well.

Posted at

no, no trick. we simply want you to enjoy the magic of our Cold Hot Cola.

so drink and be… well.

He means once you drink your corpse will be thrown down a well…

Kallisti
Kallisti
Posted at

Ok, now that I'm starting to get settled in and have at least half my comics uploaded, I feel it's time to do a little adventuring in the forums. Any recommendation about good (or bad) places to travel and converse? Are there any seedy underbelly places akin to 4chan's /b/ that I ought to avoid (but, honestly, won't?) or is it all fairly vanilla?

Also, are there any… sensitive topics? Like, I once was a regular denizen of the Scifi Channel's forums back 10 or so years ago (before they fell apart) and every newbie (the term 'n00b' had not yet been invented) was warned at the door not to bring up "Star Wars or Star Trek", "Star Trek TOS or Star Trek TNG", and "Mike or Joel" (Scifi was running MST3K) due to the violent nature of the fights that usually developed from such discussions.

If it helps, I'm fairly anti-Penny Arcade, but not so strongly that I'd have to beat anyone to death with an elephant-foot umbrella stand over.

Posted at

No, the forums are pretty dull these days.

Also Penny Arcade is hilarious. What the fuck is wrong with you.

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

if you want some attention just go to the "Look what I did: section. We have never been there. but we hear it is nice.

as for hot topic issues. well hell, i can't think of one. but we are sure that should you stumble on to one. a good time will be had by all.

now about that Cold Hot Cola… do you want some?

Posted at

Ok, now that I'm starting to get settled in and have at least half my comics uploaded, I feel it's time to do a little adventuring in the forums. Any recommendation about good (or bad) places to travel and converse? Are there any seedy underbelly places akin to 4chan's /b/ that I ought to avoid (but, honestly, won't?) or is it all fairly vanilla?

Also, are there any… sensitive topics? Like, I once was a regular denizen of the Scifi Channel's forums back 10 or so years ago (before they fell apart) and every newbie (the term 'n00b' had not yet been invented) was warned at the door not to bring up "Star Wars or Star Trek", "Star Trek TOS or Star Trek TNG", and "Mike or Joel" (Scifi was running MST3K) due to the violent nature of the fights that usually developed from such discussions.

If it helps, I'm fairly anti-Penny Arcade, but not so strongly that I'd have to beat anyone to death with an elephant-foot umbrella stand over.

There are a few topics I would never jump in on in the debate and discussion thread because people tend to be very well you can read through and see, evolution, god and all that usually bring up fairly good debates no one gets to violent or attack personally..usually.. a really amusing thread to read through is the one they made about Obama's birth certificate…most of the debate threads are fairly fun to read through though.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Are there any seedy underbelly places
There was one - apparently it was called the Uppermost Sliding Storage Compartment.
Also, are there any… sensitive topics?
We don't talk about the Uppermost Sliding Storage Compartment.

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

By the way, Kallisti. You know the reason why we don't talk about the Uppermost Sliding Storage compartment? Ozone doesn't want to scare folks like you away.

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

Welcome and never, ever EVER mention Star Trek dude… ever. The admins will give you the boot for sure. What Ozone? Oh, I mean… just kidding man.. it's all good :D

I agree with my man mushroom… if you post in the right forum you should be safe. There are general discussion forums and even a place to Rant and Rave! Good people and good conversations. The admins do a good job of keeping personal attacks out of the mix… enjoy and have fun.

Kallisti
Kallisti
Posted at

Amazing Thread Necromancy Powers are… GO!

Hey, DDers. So the mirror of AoD never actually went anywhere, because I'm lazy and don't follow through on my promises (Read: webcomic artist). But after some recent goings-on over at my main comic, I've decided to give Drunk Duck another go. And, to conserve posts (and since I sort of feel like a jerk for coming here, talking big, and then abandoning my project) I decided to see if I could drag my original welcome post back from the beyond. If you're reading this, I guess I'm successful.

Instead of bombing you with several paragraphs full of words but ultimately signifying nothing, I'm just going to leave it at this: I'd love it if you came over to http://www.drunkduck.com/Apple_Valley/ and saw why I had come back to DrunkDuck and what I'm trying to do.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

They're dead - all dead.

Edit: never mind - they'll probably come back as admins. Welcome back!

Kallisti
Kallisti
Posted at

I do occasionally get that feeling around here. Did DrunkDuck die during my time away? I have been reading comics here, but haven't been mucking around in the underbelly until I returned to start my own comic back up, and honestly this doesn't quite feel like the same vim-and-vigor group from just a couple of years ago… or is this just a bad time of the year?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.