Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Well, one thing I've been thinking about lately is which things I miss about Canada, or North America really. I was thinking about tim hortons donuts, a&w root beer and fritos, and then my mind went to that which is always important to kids as they grow up. and that's candy. I wanted to see what kind of candy people like the most.
For me Wonka's SWEETARTS are the best. I'm not too into the chewy ones or gummy ones, but the original style I guess. I used to go through about 2 packs a day. I know that sounds like a smoker talking but man I was a sweetart fiend. I reckon I was developping a sugar-blood level. Anyways, what's your favourite candy? or what do you think would make a crazy good candy? I reckon when I found out that they had taken nerds and put them on a rope of candy I was like, oh my goodness, those oompa loompas are genius.
It'll be interesting to hear. Nowadays my fave candy bar is the PICNIC chocolate bar.

FoxmanZEO
FoxmanZEO
Posted at

I like Snickers, it's like a Picnic, but you can eat it without looking like a rabid dog.
C:

Will
Will
Posted at

well i might mention some that dont exist in America, 'cuz i'm aussie, but:

Cherry Ripe
Snickers
Gummi bears
anything sour (but not shit sour, like cheap stuff)
skittles
Peanut M+Ms (<3<3<3!!!)

my faves that i can think of

Posted at

Abba Zaba, you my only friend….

(Actually, I like Snickers, KitKat, Mr. Goodbar, Nestle Crunch…um…gummy anything, FUN DIPS, Twizzlers, Gum, Baby Ruths, Butterfingers, M&M's (plain and peanut,)…um…Chick-a-Sticks, Pixi-Stick (really, anything in a "stick".) Rolos, Three Musketeers, Fifth Avenue, Smarties, Cherry Sours, Chocolate covered raisins and marshmellows, Junior Mints, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Whitman Samplers….and that should do me.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Gertrude Hawk caramel coconut clusters.

(best chocolate in the world, btw)

Posted at

Butterfingers are my favorite. Lovely peanut butter stuffs covered in chocolate T-T so good………..

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

I'm not a huge fan of candy, but I do enjoy the occasional Reese's cup. Also 100 Grand bars– those things seriously don't get enough cred in our modern day and age. And I'll pretty much take anything with dark chocolate in it.

Posted at

Razzles.

First it's a candy THEN IT'S A GUM!

Then I swallowed it

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Lindor. Yum. Anything with caramel in it is good in my books as well.

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

I always swallow gum. Anything chocolate is for me, though. One day I ate nothing but chocolate things.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Ferro Rocher

Or however it's spelled…

Jules
Jules
Posted at

I would have to say Skittles and Twix…

Posted at

man, i forgot about so many good ones like rolos and cookies and cream.
now this has been a matter that puzzles me:
Which is the better? Snickers bars or Mars bars???
personally, i'm a snickers fan. it has everything that is good in the world, like ntuis and caramel, and it's just perfect. i'm not being biased but why would you take a mars bar if it's practically the same thing with less good stuff, ie no peanuts?
One thing I love here in AussieLand is the Whitman's Peanut slab( is it whitmans?). Man, it's so simple but, like mr pibb and red vines, it equals crazy delicious
now i tried something at the movie theatres the other day. a friend was like 'want some maltesers?' and that's like a malt ball, which to me is as apetizing as a moth ball, and i was like 'no'. but then she said to try a malteser with a handful of popcorn, like simultaneously. i was a little skepticle(?) about it, but it was pretty good. I was like 'whoa this is good' and she was like 'ya it makes it so you can't taste the maltesers'. which begs the question, why buy candy you don't like, but the answer is so that you can eat it with popcorn to make it taste edible.
good times.
M&M's rock. Same with Gummi, anything gummi really. like swedish fish.
now who is into starburst or skittles religiously? i guess i'm a bit superstitious because i'm wary of anything that starts out candy and turns into a gum-like substance. it reminds me or werewolves, which is a bit scary to me.

Eunice P
Eunice P
Posted at

I don't eat sweets but I love chocolates, especially bitter sweet ones. I'm very choosey when it comes to chocolates. I only buy those that are less sweet. I don't like those common commercial chocolates such as Kiss, M&Ms, Mars, Snickers, Cadbury, etc. as I consider them too sweet for my tastebud.

Most of Japanese made chocolates and cookies are good. They are less sweet yet tastes good. Some of European gourmet chocolates, such as GuyLian's Opus or La Trufflina, rank best in terms of flavor and variety but I don't like it when they're too sweet. I also love some of the European liquor chocolates. And Australian macadamia coated chocolates too. Mmmm… I love macadamias.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I love macadamias.
You're 100% right! They rule. Best nuts in the world!
As for big brand commercial chocolate, I like Cherry ripe and Bounty bars. Coconut is the common ingredient there ;)

What I really love are the kind of sweet things you might get from a bakery though: Coconut ice, Vanilla slice, Lady's finger, Baklava, Custard tart, Meringue, Neenish tart… I love Soan Papdi too but only speciality shops sell them because they're imported from India… I really must try making them for myself!

Apart from those lovely sugary sweets, I love dried Papaw spears as a more natural but still delicious sweet treat.

Posted at

pffft
reese's peanut butter cups all the way.
or anything with Peanut butter and chocolate automatically wins.

Posted at

Hmmm, Bounty, Lion or Flake I'd say =3

Posted at

IT DEPENDS ON HOW JACKED UP I AM……
YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH TWIX OR MAYBE SOME SOUR PACTH WATERMELON VERSION BABY!

Memmy
Memmy
Posted at

Anything… That has Chocolate or White Chocolate. :)

I'm a Hot Chocolate fiend.

FoxmanZEO
FoxmanZEO
Posted at

Oh man, this thread is bringin' back so many memories.
Macadamias, even though they don't count as 'candy'.
Roasted, seasoned, sprinkled, chocolate coated, num num num num num.

Used to live in a neighbourhood which was infested with Macadamia nut trees, I ate them until they tried to escape C: . The neighbours hated it when I darted around their back yards in the middle of the night ripping their trees apart, but it was friggin' worth it.

There's none around here though, and the local fruit markets only sell stale walnuts. :C

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.