Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

The lamest Idea for a superhero comic... ever.

humorman
humorman
Posted at

I came up with this ditty in my mind. Here's the summary:

One day, a child was born in the world to two parents. However, on this very day, the doctor told the parents of this child that their infant son had a disease in which his tongue would eventually envelope him, and, thusly, kill him. Unable to cope with losing their son in the future, the mother and father abandoned their diseased child that very day. Ten years later, the infant has become a boy in an orphanage. He soon discovers that he has the dreaded disease that was mentioned by his doctor exactly one decade ago. However, the kind nun in charge of the orphanage lets him know of a secret monastery in Nepal, where monks with the same affliction train their tongues into deadly weapons… for self-defense, of course. So, the young boy trained at this monastery for ten more years, eventually mastering his tongue-technique. Feeling that there was nothing left to learn from his monk brethren, the boy, who is now roughly a twenty-year-old man, returned to the city where he grew up. With his newfound powers over his powerful tongue, this man decided to stand up for truth and justice under the moniker known as… TONGUEMAN!

Meanwhile, in a laboratory in the city where Tongueman now resides, a bitter scientist has spent the majority of his adult life working on a special serum that will help humanity in some sort of way. Over this period of time, this scientist has harbored a grudge over two people in his life: Tongueman, due to the amount of respect he receives over him, and Abraham Lincoln, for the same reason he despises Tongueman but also he happens to share the same name as Abraham Lincoln and for his entire life he has been made in fun of for this. Just after Tongueman returned to the city. Dr. Abraham Lincoln finally created his humanity-helping serum. Unfortunately, the serum was severely flawed and to make matters worse, Dr. Lincoln accidentally spilled the serum onto himself, causing him to transform, ironically, into a disturbingly accurate caricature of former president Abraham Lincoln. With his life-long goal ruined, Dr. Abraham Lincoln decided to set out to destroy the people that caused him so much pain. Since president Lincoln was already dead, he decided to take vengeance upon Tongueman as well as the rest of the city.

That's pretty much the main plot. Also, Tongueman has the power to do pretty much anything you want, as long as involves his tongue in some sort of way. For example, He can have super strength, but he can only punch people out by transforming his tongue into his fist, and he can fly, but he can only do it by inflating his tongue like a hot-air balloon and setting adrift in the summer breeze.

As for Dr. Abraham Lincoln. He can either be like a Lex Luthor type of villain, or some type of seven-foot, stove-pipe-hatted juggernaut, or whatever.

If you think you can be able to transform this into a feasible comic, by all means, go right ahead. If you just plain hated this idea, than think of it as some type of challenge or contest or something. Either way, your reward will be a mildly entertaining comic with at least one fan: me, for thinking of this convoluted idea in the first place!

Posted at

I don't know about drawing the pages, but I'd certainly be willing to help out scripting it.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.