Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Hi, folks. I'm Dan, Platinum Studios' Communications Manager. I am not going to do this very much, but there are a few things that the Admins have asked that someone from Platinum step in and comment on from time to time. In this case, I've been asked by the Admins to give you guys the official words on Platinum's stance on Sprites.

Here it is:
We will not be removing any Sprites from DD. Never. Ever. Ever.

Dylan always welcomed everyone to the Duck and that's not going to change. Never. Ever. Ever.

I hope that's clear enough. :-)

-Dan

Rich
Rich
Posted at

Kickass, we got even MORE admins now than I thought! Welcome to DD Plat Dan!

And that's cool about not banning sprites. I was a tad worried about that myself, because it would cause much chaos with all the sprite comics gone. After all, who would TASCers like Lefarce, Tater, Mim, and I try to help?

Posted at

Sweet.

Mixed Bag wouldn't be the same without DD :D

Posted at

Thanks, Rich, but I'm not REALLY an admin here. In fact, I wouldn't know how to or even try to do what they do here. I think the Admin designation was just Volte trying to make me feel comfortable posting here.

-Dan.

Posted at

Ya definitely made my day, dan-man.

Posted at

well, there you go. hopefully there will be less people arguing about sprites.

Posted at

Hoo-dang… I've been waiting for good news like this for a while, now…time to crack open an IBC Cream Soda in celebration ^_^

Posted at

Glad to hear it, Shadowmaster. And for those of you that have PQ'd me other questions already, feel free, I'm happy to answer them, but you should try the Admins first. Not because I can't be bothered, but because they have been, and will remain, the real folks in charge around here (and the ones who know the most about what is going on). Platinum may own the Duck on paper, but you guys (Dylan, the Admins, the Moderators, and every single creator on here) are the ones who built and maintain this place as the great community that it is. We have no intention of stepping in and laying down a bunch of new rules or procedures. In this case, I just thought it was important that you got the definitive answer from someone from Platinum, to banish any fears.

-Dan

Rich
Rich
Posted at

I think it's not so much condoning them as not wanting to look unwelcoming. Since all the legal work says that Platinum doesn't own anyone's comics, the only real way they could fuck up now is to ban almost half the people's comics here. And typically if you ban THAT many people, you WILL lose money on advertising revenue.

Of course, that's just looking at it from a business perspective. The other way to look at it is that Plat doesn't want to look like jerks and TASC gets to continue our war on shitty sprite comics. So even though there are bad points to it (Sprite comics are still on DD), there are good points as well (Noone loses their comics, Plat and the DD admins look like nice welcoming people, and TASC gets to continue kicking ass).

I'd say the good certainly outweighs the bad in many regards.

Blaze
Blaze
Posted at

NICE!!!! My bad day has officially been destroyed.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

Ya know, we could always repair your bad day…

Vagabond
Vagabond
Posted at

Well, this is always nice to hear. Thanks.

Blaze
Blaze
Posted at

Um….don't….

Posted at

Yes! Do not spoil the mood of awesomeness! Just pass out Cream Soda!

Rich
Rich
Posted at

FUCK YES! Cream soda is THE BEST soda OF ALL TIME! That is not an opinion, it is a provable fact!

Posted at

And the best Cream Soda: IBC….. which I have a 6-pack of in my fridge >:D

Posted at

A&W Root Beer all the way mother fuckers.

Thank god! I was worried. There are some corparations corrupted by power and money (I'm one of those long-haired rebel-type kinda guys… Listen closely, you can hear everyones eyes rolling) but I guess you guys aren't. I thought you would report us hoping to get some reward money, but thank god.

Posted at

I'm one of those long-haired rebel-type kinda guys…

Hippie.

(XD I am SOOOO joking, man)

Dan
Dan
Posted at

Hey, you have the same name as I do! …except for the Platinum part.

…Well, that's another concern solved. Least I get to keep my "experiment."

Titch
Titch
Posted at

Just out of curiosity though. Does Plat have any plans to try and reduce the number of really bad sprite comics being directly linked on the main page, or is the featured comic enough to reasonably avoid people being turned "off" the duck under the impression that it's a sprite fest?

Posted at

Take that arguement somewhere else. You're going to start a freaking flame war in an otherwise happy topic.

Ronson
Ronson
Posted at

I agree with LowRes, Titch. You phrased that … indelicately.

There are comics of varying quality - drawn and sprite - on DD. Yes, a frequently updated feature comic system is geared towards showing off the gems and not the … not-gems.

But there won't be any effort to discourage new and learning webtoonists of any stripe from joining our little community.

Titch
Titch
Posted at

I'm sorry, I didn't know I had to dress my words up in a pretty pink dress for the benefite of people on computers thousands of miles away. :rolleyes:

It's a fact that comics being linked off the main page are the ones that are going to be representing the site as a whole. Up untill now that hasn't been a problem because the management never seemed that concerned with pushing DrunkDuck as a brand. Now Plat is "in charge" that may stand to change. Personaly, I would say it's unessercary, given the new featured comics section, but I'm still curious.

Sue ME for be pragmatic. ~_~

jef dam5
jef dam5
Posted at

Alright, this means i don't have to host at smackajeeves. Yay

Posted at

I'm sorry, I didn't know I had to dress my words up in a pretty pink dress for the benefite of people on computers thousands of miles away. :rolleyes:

It's a fact that comics being linked off the main page are the ones that are going to be representing the site as a whole. Up untill now that hasn't been a problem because the management never seemed that concerned with pushing DrunkDuck as a brand. Now Plat is "in charge" that may stand to change. Personaly, I would say it's unessercary, given the new featured comics section, but I'm still curious.

Sue ME for be pragmatic. ~_~

…you don't listen very well, do you?

I didn't say to "dress your words" as you put it. I said to bring it to the debate section to avoid there being an uneccesary flame war on this topic.

And yes, this is to keep the General Forum a friendlier place :P

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.