Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

the red cross

Posted at

Haha, I like it :) It's slightly surreal, like a window into another world or something.

reconjsh
reconjsh
Posted at

I think whoever they hired to market this "be prepared for EQs" concept is clever. The pictures shock you, hold your attention, and make you think for a minute. It's hard to glance and ignore them.

And they're pretty well done, I think.

I'd argue perhaps the intention behind the message… but the execution of the message is brilliant.

Posted at

Just a question: Just how DO you prepare for earthquake of that magnitude? Living in an area wreaked with earthquakes, I can tell you there's not much you can do with such big ones.

reconjsh
reconjsh
Posted at

Just a question: Just how DO you prepare for earthquake of that magnitude? Living in an area wreaked with earthquakes, I can tell you there's not much you can do with such big ones.
I'm guessing that's the question they want you to ask… and thus visit their website or whatever plug they have with the advert.

Posted at

kudos to whoever thought up that advertising idea…it's art.

Posted at

I'm guessing that's the question they want you to ask… and thus visit their website or whatever plug they have with the advert.

I suppose as much… though fact still remains, that if an earthquake that large strikes, the only thing you can do is go under a table and pray.

Posted at

I suppose as much… though fact still remains, that if an earthquake that large strikes, the only thing you can do is go under a table and pray.

I imagine there's basic things involved like where to stand, etc. But there's a bunch of safety things you need to know afterward, and there's a lot of preparing a person could have done, like having a first aid kit and distilled water and a way to contact each other in emergecies, etc.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

Those images are incredible. Catchy, and state their point. That's what I love about earthquakes, the destruction. Sure the death of people and all that jazz make it a horrible event, but there's just something about seeing a city in ruins that makes me happy. The way buildings deform, and street break apart, something like that.

I love ads that catch your attention, like the Cingular one in New York, the Mini car ad, that drunk driving ad that catches your attention, and the smoker one.

Apple is very sneaky with making people go into their store.

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

Those pics are just awesome, i cant help but wonder how they make those stuff.

lothar
lothar
Posted at

but, just how does an Earthquake flip cars over like that ?
what are they trying to do here, convince people to move away from California ?

Posted at

but, just how does an Earthquake flip cars over like that ?

Could have been in a road accident. :) There's a big crevasse there!

Posted at

yup
going really fast, earthquake happens, a hole opens, the front end digs into the hole, flipping it.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.