Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

The Zombie invasion is upon us, choose your weapons!

WingNut
WingNut
Posted at

Alright kiddos, we've all thought of it, now it's time to share those opinions! The Zombie invasion has come, there outside your house, clawing at the window. Luckily, you're a smart, zombie killin individual, and you were ready.

You have a choice of four weapons, and ONLY four. What would those weapons be? Things to think about, durability of the weapon, ability to find ammo, transportability, and not only zombie killing power (sever the heads or destroy the brains, we all know this people) but in the field usefulness.

My choices and why-

*Crowbar- Durable as all get out, no ammo necessary, and extreme usefulness in not only killing zombies, but prying doors and locks.

*Pump-action shotgun- Not exactly a prime zombie KILLING weapon, but it does have stopping power, ammo is easy enough to find, and the butt can be used as a bludgeon. Only drawback, ammo takes up a large amount of space.

*.22 hunting rife with scope- Ammo for this is AMAZINGLY simple to find, and due to the fact that these weapons were built for the civilian population, they're durable, and simple enough to handle. Also, the inability for rapid fire will make one time their shots perfectly, a staple in any zombie invasion.

*Colt .45- Although, for the most part handguns are worthless in a zombie invasion, it will work in close quarters combat, and for the necessary "I've-got-one-on-my-arm-put-the-gun-to-it's-temple" moments. Ammo is simple enough to find, and if used correctly, it could save your life.

And thats my armaments of choice, how bout you folks? ;D

-W

WingNut
WingNut
Posted at

Slow moving, Max Brooks-ian Zombies. The classic zombie if you will.

And pretty much anything you'd like, just think about the above criteria.

-W

Posted at

Hm, let's see…

Aluminum baseball bat - light, yet strong. I'd have said a regular bat but I don't think they're as durable. Good for hittin'! Also you could use it as a walking stick! (And for playing baseball if you can find enough other living people and an empty field without zombies, and a baseball.)

That shovel-weapon from World War Z - fictional, and I can't remember what it was called, but it was effective in the book, plus you could dig stuff with it. T_T All those close-range stuff is for emergencies, not a first choice, that would be guns.

A handgun and a rifle - I dunno much about guns but I figure you'd want a gun too so you don't have to get up close and kill them. I listed both kinds because… I don't know which is better for stuff. Though a rifle would make 3 big weapons so maybe just.. 2 handguns or something.

I wonder if nerve gas would hurt zombies. I mean, their brains are important, and damaging them physically kills them.

Posted at

Sweet!

First off…

the katana- These still seem to be in production, eh? So it wouldn't be too hard to come by one. It's a lighter sword, so I'd be able to swing it just fine. The blade's on these swords are strong and sharp, good for cutting through undead flesh. (I'd personally aim for the neck if I was swinging with one of these. Then stab the zombie head in the eye when it was down, as to not dull down my blade too much with skull.)

a semi-automatic rifle (with telescopic sight)- I'm not quick, but I do have nimble fingers! With one of these babies I wouldn't need to reload each time like I would with a regular rifle, but I would get the sniping power of the rifle. Ah, brilliant. Plus the scope could prolly double as binoculars. One less thing I'd have to carry.

A shotgun- When surrounded, you'd need an ace in the hole like a shotgun, sure, it might not kill them, but it'll send them onto their backs. Which would give me time to get the heck outta there. The only thing that worries me is the kick. I'm not very big, so it might send me flying. I just need more practice!

Trench spike- The only problem would be the difficulty of obtaining one of these. When a zombie too close for the katana to be of use this baby would be great. It's really sturdy too, so I could clean off the brains and use it for other things too.

Chelano
Chelano
Posted at

a mall…full of goodies

Posted at

I'd use:

An massive armored car/van with spikes that I'd add to the front and sides using barbwire or something. so that I could have fun running over all those zombies.

An sword of any types, as long as they were long, lightwight and easy to weild. so I'd slice off thier heads.

a loooong chain, so I could use it as an whip type, and use it to snap the zombies' necks. I already have whips too that I could also use for that but proably wouldn't be as effective.

and I'd totally raid an gun store or something. :)

oh yeah, I can't believe I forgot the mall opition! I'd totally use the mall for all my needs too. :)

josif
josif
Posted at

Hmmm….
-An aluminium baseball bat.
-A Machete
-A crowbar and a shotgun with a lot of ammo.

I wouldnt need to use them much because I would never go outside…. Hows a 14 year old like me supposed to get through 87,000 zombies? (thats how many people live in my town). Id barricade my door and windows and ration out my food if the zombies got in Id climb up into the attic and pull the ladder up so they cant get in. Then Id go onto the roof and wait for a helicopter, if not starve to death.

Posted at

1. Lightsaber
2. Bruce Campbell

I don't need a 3 and 4.

Posted at

bah. Shawn of the Dead shows that all you need is a Cricket Bat, a Car, and a Winchester for zombie killing action.

Posted at

Yes, that too. Of course, Winchester could mean both gun and bar, couldn't it?

Posted at

I can't believe that people are picking a baseball bat. I can't imagine it being useful at all. Have you ever hit anything other than a ball with a baseball bat? It rings up to your hands, making your hands hurt. A sword wouldn't do that. That and it would take far more than one swing to bash in a zombies face with a baseball bat. Totally useless.

Posted at

I picked Bruce Campbell, he can use a baseball bat if he wants to.

Posted at

A croquet mallet.

I have… personal reasons. :D

Plus those buggers are HEAVY.

reconjsh
reconjsh
Posted at

Well, I'm guessing a Lightsaber is out of the question =(. So…

I'm ONLY going to use stuff I ACTUALLY OWN. I'm such a lame-o.

1) Short Aluminum Baseball Bat. It's easy to swing back and forth so one-handed I can recover from swings fast enough to land multiple blows when surrounded. But it's still big enough that a two-handed homerun swing is still a possibility for one on ones. This is a very durable bludgeoning weapon.

2) Remington Express 870 Shotgun. 12 Gauge shotgun that can shoot 2&3/4" shells as well as 3" shells. 12 gauge rounds are VERY common and since I only have 25 or so rounds on hand, I'd appreciate the fact that this shotgun can fire 2 different sizes of shells. This would be great with buckshot for a nice zombie splatter and slugs would do well for <100m target shooting.

3) Ruger Slabside Competition .22 Pistol. Growing up my family shot competitive pistol and I still have this weapon. It's got an accu-dot large eye scope, it's fitted exactly for my hand, it's perfectly weighted for full arm long-term extension, and the tigger is ultra sensitive. Since .22 rounds are easy to find, this will be a fine side arm.

4) Technically this is at my Dad's house because it's his. SKS Carbine. This is an automatic rifle that fires 7.62 rounds. While they're not easy to come by, any military store/armory would have some since 7.62 is a very generic round for automatic weapons. It has a collasable stock and has a fold-out bayonet. Nice for supressive fire and has decent 200-250m accuracy… assuming I could find the rounds.

If I could have anything though, my setup would be identical to what I actually have except I'd want a scoped automatic rifle instead of the SKS. Like a M4A1 Carbine or M16A4 since in the Army I learned to hit targets 500m away and it also has 3 round burst automatic fire modes. Also, 5.56 rounds are easier to find than 7.62.

I'd consider my replica katana to bring, but if I could only have 4 and I'm by no means a great swordsman, the baseball bat would be more effective I think.

Also, if I could have anything, I guess instead of a pistol I'd rather have a never-ending box of grenades.

Posted at

M1A2 Abrams Main Battle Tank:

It has 3 machine guns and a 120mm cannon to kill large groups of zombies. and if i run out of ammo i can run them over. Theres no way they would be able to sneak up on me since they wouldnt be able to get in.

And for a personal weapon? AK-47 since it uses the same ammo as the m240 machine guns in the tank. And it has the power needed to bust threw even the strongest zombie skull.

reconjsh
reconjsh
Posted at

It has 3 machine guns and a 120mm cannon to kill large groups of zombies. and if i run out of ammo i can run them over. Theres no way they would be able to sneak up on me since they wouldnt be able to get in.

And getting the jet fuel to fill up the 500 gallon tank for the turbine engine would be a cinch, hehe.

Posted at

And getting the jet fuel to fill up the 500 gallon tank for the turbine engine would be a cinch, hehe.

Shit i wouldnt need to move. Grab up a few boxes of MREs and just sit there and wait for help. I wouldn't need to move! I would be a invicible pill box.

and its 504.4 gallons. =}

Posted at

1. A Ninjaken (in another words, a ninja sword… seriously)
2. Machine Gun
3. Staff (seriously)
4. Grenades

WingNut
WingNut
Posted at

The baseball bat is not totally useless m'dear, you don't always have to KILL the zombie, and in most situations, running is by far the batter option.

The only useless thing here is the tank. Oddly enough, the tank has no usefulness on the undead battlefield. Even though it has lots of firepower, precision is what's desired when fighting zombies. The machine guns are a waste of ammo, and 90% of the shots fired would do nothing. Secondly the main cannon would also be useless against an undead horde. Think about it, the main damage done from a large tank blast is concussive and shrapnel based. Much like hand grenades, the concussive blast liquifies the internal organs, and the following shrapnel damage lacerates them further. Due to the fact that the undead do not depend on their internal physiology, shrapnel and concussive damage would have little to no effect.

Keep in mind though, the one zombie that takes that shell to the face…yeah.

He's f**ked.

Sorry Phantom, but the tank has to many flaws. It's great for humans, but on the undead battlefield, the precepts of "Waste Not" reign supreme.

-W

Posted at

Wait… are these classic slow Romero style zombies or fast as shit Dawn remake zombies?

Posted at

Not percise? ha! You must never seen a tank fired by me!

I can hit a human target at 8000 meters with a Sabot round, witch has no explosives, its a giant DU bullet.

It also has 3 machine guns all of which are very powerful and with skill you can be on target.
zombies come in hordes right?

1) hordes wouldnt be able to get at you (you would be inside)
2) hordes would be blasted into nothing with a single HEAT round
3) can sit out till rescue.

a HEAT round doesn't just throw out shrapnel it would make anything within 100 meters not just be blown apart…it would disinagrate them.

a tank is NEVER useless.
lol!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.