Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

UB Grand Opening Fan Art Contest!

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Used Books now has a brand new website/mirror at http://www.curiousv.com/usedbooks/ full of great new features, and, of course, my cool new domain/url! But it has a bit of empty space I'd like to fill with a nice graphic link to the site of a talented UB fan. I've decided to offer this spot to the winner of a fan art contest! (Besides, I really want to have a fan art contest. ;) It has been a while.

Without further ado, here are the details!

Theme: Favorite Used Books moment – create an interpretation of a favorite scene in Used Books. This scene can be directly from the story, off camera, hypothetical, or a scene you *wanted* to see (or want to see in the future) but didn't. Have fun, fans!

Rules: Just keep it PG13 or milder.
Deadline: The end of my current chapter – let's just make it June 21st, my birthday ;)
Judging: Entries will be judged by my expert panel (my sister and two best friends, the original UB fan club)
Prizes:
~~~All entries will be posted after the current chapter (at both mirrors, CuriousV and DD) with a link to your site.
~~~Winner will have their choice of a banner ad at the top of http://www.curiousv.com/usedbooks/ (in the layout, so on most pages on the site) or a tower ad on the left side to remain on the site through at least the end of the summer. (Banner must be non-animated and link to a "safe" site, appropriate for older teens.)

How to enter: PQ, post, or email your entry to usedbooks@comic.com Please include your name/handle and a link I can use to promote you when I post your entry (can be DD profile, DeviantArt, webcomic, etc.)

Posted at

Hey Vickie!!! I just ordered a new cintiq (the smaller one) but the estimated delivery is the 21st…

So let other ppl that make the deadline win. But I'll do this project as a test run with my new Cintiq to get used to the smaller size (and drawing in general again :P)

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I haven't gotten any entries yet, so I might extend it for a week or so (like July 1). I really wanted to post entries between chapters, but I guess it's okay. (It just means I need to make something to put up as filler myself. :P )

Enjoy your new Cintiq! I love my tablet laptop (a Fujitsu T730), 12.1" screen. It's made the process 1000% less frustrating.

Posted at

I just now discovered this topic.

I will send you something before July 1 =)

EDIT: Working hard on a page AS WE TYPE!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.