Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Want to buy a cintiq?

Posted at

I pqed Skool before posting this. Didn't want to do anything wrong.

I'm going through a really hard moment and need some extra cash. So (and if you know anything about me you probably know how hard this is for me) I am selling my wacom cintiq 21ux on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230568151242

My starting price for it is $1,400! I really need to come up with 1500 fast.
If you are considering getting it you can PQ me for a few other "incentive" programs that I couldn't list on ebay.

It doesn't list the extra pen nibs or the instruction booklets because I cannot find them atm. I bet as soon as I sell this I'll find them though -_-

I have them they are just misplaced as I recently moved a lot of stuff around. What great timing. Many of you know me though and know once I found them I'd mail them to you later. Obviously I can't say that on ebay… they don't know me as well =p

Anyway, the cintiq works GREAT. I took very good care of it. I love it! It's an older version so it still has the original screen. Not the cheaper screens that can get scratched now. I don't know if the 2nd generation Cintiq's have the cheaper screens. I pqed ComicProfessor to ask him but he hasn't been online for a few weeks. (He sells wacom products)

Anyway, for DD users I can offer more for your buck and you'll be really set up to make great digital works.

Have a great New Year.

Um, suffice it to say… Devon Legacy is on a very extended hiatus due to this =p

I bought this Cintiq in 2006. I have loved using it. I made several comics called The Devon Legacy which you can find on the net to read for free (and see how much I used it.) This was the best thing I have ever purchased. And I really hate to part with it. I'm needing money for an attorney so I'm selling my pride and joy. I'll be buying another once the dust in my life settles for sure. This Cintiq still works FANTASTIC!!! And since it's one of the older versions it still has the good hard screen that. Not sure about the new second generation Cintiqs but I know later versions of these models started coming with a cheaper softer screen that the pens would begin to scratch over time. I figure the newer ones will have that cheaper screen too, so it makes me more reluctant to part with this one. But they do have screen protectors.

The screen has small blemishes from normal use. Nothing that got in my way while working. And most I cleaned off. If I missed something it'll more than likely clean off. Basically it's in really good condition! I took really good care of it. It was/is my pride and joy.

What it comes with (has bonus software)

* Grip Pen
* Pen Stand
* Display Stand
* DVI-I to VGA cable adapter
* DVI-I to DVI-D cable adapter
* AC Power Adapter
* Power Cable
* CD w/ Software
* Install disk with the latest drivers from wacom's site 12/29/10 (instead of the original old drivers)
* Paint Shop Pro 9
* Roxio Easy Media Creator 7
* Ulead Photo Impact 6

If the seller is outside the US I'll work with you. But shipping and so forth will be more expensive than listed.

Posted at

No problem.

I'm pretty confident it'll sell. Just figured I'd try here since it's kind of a target audience.

I'll also throw in my print of The Devon Legacy Prologue to a DDer :P

That totally makes it worth twice as much, right?!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I am in England so I could use the thing over here.
But good luck!
I hope you get some buyers.

Posted at

Hahaha

Hey I'm offering $1000. But I need you to do the following 1. Pay for shipping cost. 2. Send it to me first (recommend tracking number and receipt for your safety) 3. Make sure it is in excellent condition with no broken parts. If you do all this flawlessly without question I'll pay you once I receive the item.
No WAY that guy is a scammer!

Make sure you do it flawlessly and without question, JNP! He'll take no slack from his sellers!

I'm sure it will sell. :] I think with ebay you just have to wait for the last day or whatever before people really start bidding in earnest.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Hahaha
Hey I'm offering $1000. But I need you to do the following 1. Pay for shipping cost. 2. Send it to me first (recommend tracking number and receipt for your safety) 3. Make sure it is in excellent condition with no broken parts. If you do all this flawlessly without question I'll pay you once I receive the item.
No WAY that guy is a scammer!

Make sure you do it flawlessly and without question, JNP! He'll take no slack from his sellers!

I'm sure it will sell. :] I think with ebay you just have to wait for the last day or whatever before people really start bidding in earnest.
Yeeeeeah, you should've told that guy to F__K off. What a shit head.
I hope you got his ID! It'd be a service to everyone if you broadcast it far and wide. No one needs to be harassed by scammers.

That prick has actually tried the exact same trick on other sellers:

Q: I'm offering $1000 and if you agree we can start the trade now. But there is some condition you must follow. 1. You pay for shipping cost. 2. It is in excellent condition nothing broken or missing from it's original purchase. 3. You send it first (Provide tracking number and keep your receipt just in-case, I'm trustworthy so "just in-case". Can we settle this to help your health?

A: you must think i am an idiot LOL nice try

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

You must love that girl! (Making assumptions… I hope you didn't kill someone! Need help hiding a body?)

Good luck selling! I'm saving up for a computer right now, but I'll offer you $20 if you can send it in excellent condition to this unregistered PO Box, flawlessly and without question.

I'm sure you'll have no trouble. Ebay people often wait for the last day.

Posted at

Yeah I LOLed with that question and totally had to make it public!

He was smarter with his next message. He sent it privately.

$1200 final offer. If you can do the three steps successfully

He has 0 feedback as well :P I wonder how many other Cintiqs are being sold that he got through his scam hehe

@UsedBooks SOLD!!!!

Thanks everyone! I think it'll sell before the last day. :)

blindsk
blindsk
Posted at

Good luck to you!

I'd maybe buy it if I knew how to use one of these.

Posted at

The guy that has been trying to scam just placed a bid on my cintiq. We all know he won't be paying. Just getting rid of the buy it now price and making it more expensive. I wonder if I can do anything about that?

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

can you report him?

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

I've already got that exact model of Cintiq, so it wouldn't do me much good. But I wish you lots of luck and high returns on the sale.

If you get hosed in an auction by a non-payer, eBay lets you re-list the item free, don't they? I've never sold on eBay before.

Posted at

Yeah, but ideally he wouldn't want them bidding at all. If they never intend to pay then they'll bid as high as they like, and prevent a valid bidder from winning.

I dunno enough about eBay to advise on that, sorry. :I

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I doubt you can do anything until after he turns up to be non-paying. You can always send an email to an Ebay admin or whatever to ask.

I have seen sellers say they don't sell to people with "0" ratings before, so it must be something they can do to enforce that…

Posted at

I tried for an hour calling ebay to report them. Just sat on hold till the thing disconnected me!!!
Then tried the ebay chat window and it said my estimated wait time was 59 minutes. Then tried to just use a report member field. But it kept saying the user id I was entering didn't exist @_@

Good news is that someone legit bid on it. So unless the scammer comes back in the next hour and bids super high maybe I have it sold ^_^;

I don't know much about the selling side of ebay. I've only sold 1 item on there years back. I am always a buyer :P

Thanks everyone!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Well it's all sold now. For a bit less than $1500. That's a pity, someone got a great deal!

I hope you're able to pay for your thing to get out of whatever it is you have to get out of man! such a shame… You should try and pick up a Wacom Intuos or even a bamboo or something when you can. If you give them a chance you'll find you can get almost just as much out of them as you can with a Cintiq. As long as they're a decent size.

I used an Intuous for so many years I'd have no trouble going back, but I know it might not be so easy for you… But there's always pen and paper! Maybe this'll be a good chance to reconnect with your oldschool skills and go analogue for a while?

Posted at

Yep it sold ^_^
Close enough. I can come up with the extra cash I needed.

I was kind of burned out for a bit anyway. I never really got back into this after my extended hiatus when I finished my Prologue. Note to other authors out there… don't ever take a controlled hiatus XD Especially not one where you are going to be gone for more than 3 months!

Since I won't have the cintiq I will want to work even more :P So I can flesh characters designs out on paper and tweak scripts, storyboards, and thumb nails.

I will never get a tablet where I am unattached from my drawing. I just never wanted to learn and adapt. When I 1st got my computer in 99 I drew on paper and scanned it in and colored with a mouse. It was SO HARD! I quit trying to make my comic around 2000. I didn't want to work if I had to do it on paper. I saw so much potential in doing it digitally. But I wanted pretty fast results with little to no learning curve too.

So in 2006 after I bought my house the 1st thing I bought was a Cintiq. Even before furniture. For $2,500 I HAD BETTER USE THE SUCKER! I was really afraid it'd just collect dust.

It took about 3 days before I adapted enough to use it. After that I just kept getting better and faster! I fully feel I got my money's worth out of it when I completed my 300 pages of Prologue. My 1st completed story arc.

Now that it's gone, I get my life back in order. Focus on the other aspects of my comic. Save up $2000 again some day when I am confident I have time to invest again. And start my newer series with the 2nd generation Cintiq model. By that time I should really be wanting to get back in the game. I can't thank you all enough!

Luckily I don't need a cintiq for the DD awards in case no one else is around to step up again this year :P Though I won't be making any pages if people don't get their projects in on time.

I miss the big bulky sucker already!!! :cry:

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.