Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Networking & Community Projects*

Wanted: Artist

medablack
medablack
Posted at

Alright. So, I really wanna start up a webcomic. I've been searching and searching for an idea btu could never come up with a concept that worked. Until now. I suddenly have a life and things are happening that I feel, with a bit of tweeking, would make a half decently interesting story line. In my opinion anyway.

So the premise of the story. A girl, who's life has kind been in a rut lately, decided to go back to school. She thinks everything is going to be good. She's starting anew, living on her own, she's getting away from everything that has been stressing her out. Only, things start to get in the way, and all her plans kind of spin out of control. But, in a slightly humourous way.

I have the basic idea in my mind, but i haven't really planned anything out. I have a few story arcs on the back burner, and the main characters. But I would really like someone to bounce ideas off of, and an artist to work with, kinda get the images on the way and motivate me to work on the story.

Anyway, if you are interested, please send me a note, and maybe a sample of your work.

As a side note, I am in college, and school does come first. So if there is a delay in my response, you can blame iton them.

[EDIT:]

I guess I should also mention what kind of art style I'm looking for. Nothing specific or anything, but I do have some guidelines.

I'm looking for something simple, cartoonish I suppose. But still something that has it's own quirk, and is easily able to distinguish between characters and whatnot. There's nothing that frustrates me more than when all the characters look the same. I'm going to want it to be coloured. And probably out once or twice a week. But we'll worry about that when we get to that point. I wanna get a good head start on it before we start putting it up. At least three chapters plus prologue.

Anyway, like I said above, if you're interested, let me know.

Posted at

Good luck, I seem to say it to all the writers then drain them off it. I too also only write and someone draws for me. So I know the feeling. And good luck! ^__^

Otamie
Otamie
Posted at

what is your gimmick going to be? the thing that lets your comic stand out of the crowd? like, what separates the man from the boys? XD

medablack
medablack
Posted at

I'm not quite sure yet. Like I said, it's still int he developing stages. It's my first comic, so I don't expect it to be amazing. Mostly it's just an experiment, and a fun way to spend what little spare time I have. I'm researching a bit on it as well. Looking at ways to make it a little better. As well as reading up on tips and tricks. I'm not gonan go into this blindly. That would jsut leave me with a crappy comic, a waste of time, and something no one reads.

Thank you for the well wishes. Any tips on writing/scripting would be much appreciated because, I have to admit, I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing.

Posted at

The thing to remember abotu doing a comic is it's all about the page by page. The next is what you wanna do. I wanted to tell via comic a story i've spent something like 5 years writing. Because the story means so much to me, I'm taking my sweet time introducing the elements, but that comes at a price as alot of people say I don't really have much of a story to which I can only say, yet. So that's the road I took, if you also wanna do a story and do it the quicker way for setting up you can load up your pages with expository dialogue and go on and on and set up your world and with the right shots that's fine too. But the first thing you gotta know is what you wanna say and do. You gotta know if you wanna do a fantasy thing, or an action thing, or a scifi thing. Just build, making comics is like playing jenga. You build up and build up and take from what you've already learned and build on it and eventually it all comes crashing down via bad reception and you spend the next few weeks in the hospital. Though I think I'm the only person to ever go to the hospital over a game of jenga.

medablack
medablack
Posted at

Thanks again.

Yeah, I have the story line idea. I know basically where I want to take it. It's just a matter of organizing my thoughts, I suppose. It's only been rolling around in my head for a couple days. Not really enough time to develop anything substantial. I was just kind hoping to find an artist to both bounce ideas off of and get a jump start of character developing/mapping. It's easier to get an idea of how to start and conintue a story if I know how it's going to be organized on the page…if you know what I mean. I don't think I'm explaining myself properly.

medablack
medablack
Posted at

I've got a lot of subplots/story arcs to work with. The main idea is the young lady who is just trying to get a grasp on life, find her way, her purpose. She does, she just doesn't realize it, sort of thing. I plan on it being mostly humourous, but it will have it's darker moments, as life tends to have.

Posted at

Date an artist! That's what I do. Makes this easy.

medablack
medablack
Posted at

HAHA. Well, as much as that would work, I'm already dating a pilot…

medablack
medablack
Posted at

LOL. Why are you sorry? I'm not. I'm very happy. LOL

Anyway, thanks for all your help guys. Again, still in the market for an artist. Anyone interest, just let me know. Yes it is an ongoing, longer story, and yes, there will be some snags in the beginning, but I'm sure it will be fun.

Posted at

I was jes saying sorry you're dating a pilot. Twas a joke.

medablack
medablack
Posted at

Ahh, gotcha. LOL. Well, I didn't catch it, and now I feel silly. :P

Posted at

Offer free hats. Artists can't resist free hats. It's like crack to them, but what's REALLY like crack to them is crack. Get soem of that and you are IN.

p_type
p_type
Posted at

I can't speak for artists everywhere but for myself…. I appreciate a writer who is very serious about thier project and willing to bend the script a bit when needed :)
Seriously though art takes hours and hours to create, by way of compairson it takes minutes to write a script (especially for an idea you already have) but the same panels could take up to 10 hours to draw and color….that's why people have such a hard time finding artists. We do ALOT of work and you want to make sure it's for something you're really going to be proud of…. but that's just me :P

~p_type

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.