Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

War of the Bands gets retooled!

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

That's right, War of the Bands is getting upgraded. We're getting rid of the participants who don't contribute, we're looking for more participants who will contribute, we're reducing the number of bands to two or three, we're going to plot everything out together, and we're going to be a lot more close knit about this thing. Letting people just kind of go it on their own isn't working out really well, so we're going to get a lot more dialog going via the forum and PQs, we're going to set up more defined deadlines, and we're going to put the 'community' into this community project.
So, if you want to continue with War of the Bands, or if you want to join War of the Bands, then sign up!
Together we can get this thing on track!

New Participant List:
Vakanai (obviously)
patrickdevine

Posted at

Oh, sorry about not contributing. I kinda forgot about after I signed up. I think it's good you guys are doing reminders now.

Posted at

That's right, War of the Bands is getting upgraded. We're getting rid of the participants who don't contribute, we're looking for more participants who will contribute, we're reducing the number of bands to two or three, we're going to plot everything out together, and we're going to be a lot more close knit about this thing. Letting people just kind of go it on their own isn't working out really well, so we're going to get a lot more dialog going via the forum and PQs, we're going to set up more defined deadlines, and we're going to put the 'community' into this community project.
So, if you want to continue with War of the Bands, or if you want to join War of the Bands, then sign up!
Together we can get this thing on track!

New Participant List:
Vakanai (obviously)
patrickdevine

I don't think it was the fact of just not contributing for me, as I do enjoy doing community projects if there is a line of communication involved.
If there will be plotting in a close knit group, then I would love to be involved with this… that is if you would want me to.
The members of my group (to include me) did not talk nearly as much as we should have, so there was no clicking to get involved with.

Posted at

as long as I get a partner wo wont disappear, I'm good to get back in, if you still want me around?

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Oh, sorry about not contributing. I kinda forgot about after I signed up. I think it's good you guys are doing reminders now.

That mean you want back in?

I don't think it was the fact of just not contributing for me, as I do enjoy doing community projects if there is a line of communication involved.
If there will be plotting in a close knit group, then I would love to be involved with this… that is if you would want me to.
The members of my group (to include me) did not talk nearly as much as we should have, so there was no clicking to get involved with.
We'll definitely get a lot more dialog in this round.
Even if it's just me saying oogileeboogilee to you.

as long as I get a partner wo wont disappear, I'm good to get back in, if you still want me around?
No worries, this time it'll be more like one big group instead of several little ones.
That's right, one big group.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

I'm sorry. I really did want to get into this the first time, but like n_y_Japlander said, there wasn't a lot of contact between our group, no solid direction we were going in and it sorta petered out into nothingness. That's all I wanna say. I don't think I'll be participating this time, but it does sound like it's going in a more solid direction what with the plotting and the deadlines.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Per Vakanai:

We're probably going to start by taking down ALL the pages. We'll be keeping some of the Vakanai-as-Host pages and some SodaPop Curtis pages (and maybe a couple fillers) to post later.

The plan is to get all the participants who really want to be active on this project and gather at the WotB think tank forum for some hardcore planning.

My personal interpretation of what we're going for is something a bit more scripted with only a handful of bands. Discuss amongst yourselves! Better yet, discuss in the forum!

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Also: We're not doing that some people work on one band thing. We ALL work on all the bands/characters/pages/etc. I'm going to make this work this time.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Does this mean I need to scrap those last two pages I was working on?
No, those will probably be cool.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Alright, I'm going to start sending some PQs soonish, since no one is PQing me or talking in the forum, and that's not good for a colloboration. So yeah, expect that to happen fairly soonish.
Other news: Sometime this weekend all old pages are going down. I'd like a volunteer to save all the pages we will be putting back up eventually. You'll get brownie points…for brownies!
We're going to agree on a plot path for all of new chapter one by end of next week.
Remember, a lot more back and forth between all participants.
Blah blah blah, let's get to work people.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.