Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

We hate it when are friends say something stupid

FanGurlZ
FanGurlZ
Posted at

Have you every been hanging with a friend and all of sudden they say something so completely stupid that you don't even want to hang around them no more. I can only think of a few lines my friends have spilled out of their mouths without thinking first.

"There are no black boys in london."

"Concussion…thats an instrument, right?"

"I wonder which country french fries come from?"

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

~"I think I need some, um, you know. – What's that herb that helps your memory?"
~"That was the camel that broke the monkey's back."

Those are a few gems from my roommate. A few dozen others but eventually my mind has managed to tune out or discard the nonsense for the sake of my sanity.

My sister once said, "There's not even 25% of the cake left; it's more like a quarter!"

I used to keep a "quote journal" of the crazy things people say – either people I know or strangers I overhear. Alas, I misplaced it long ago. There was some great stuff in there.

(BTW, french fries were invented in Belgium. ;) They get their name from the method of frying them – not the location of origin.)

joe_vee
joe_vee
Posted at

One of my Ex's best friends drank A LOT. Like everytime I saw him he was drunk off his ass. It was a little sad :/. Well anywho when I was around him he did say a few unintelligent things but this line took the cake.

"Man drinking is bad for the liver huh, good thing we have two of them."

XD Sadness! I corrected him though, not that stopped him one bit.

Posted at

My ex-girlfriend smokes (alot) and she wrote an essay on how smoking was bad for you

Posted at

My little sister once called me a "buttless head".

Rori
Rori
Posted at

My little sister once called me a "buttless head".

That's actually really cute :)

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

My wife is so funny sometimes when she says stupid things…I do to but that's another post…but one time we were in the company of guests at a party who were from another country. One was from Peru and the other Brazil. The two were talking in the same language they each knew…Spanish. Someone else asked what do they speak it in Peru. My wife states…"mexican". We asked her slyly, "They speak "mexican" in Peru?" And without blinking she stated again they speak Mexican….right!

Mizukane
Mizukane
Posted at

Once, my sister was telling a friend about a karaoke night.
"And Jim sung Penny Lane solo!"
"Wow! Really? Who with?"

Or another friend, shortly before a Physics exam was revising aloud.
"Global Warming? That's like tumble driers, isn't it?"

Or, once my family and I received free samples of a new flavour of jammy dodger biscuits.
My mum said, "Ah, it's marmalade"
To which, I regrettably replied, "Mine tastes like orange"

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

"I wonder which country french fries come from?"

Actually… french fries were invented in Belgium or Spain. So that's actually not as stupid a question as it may seem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_fries

A lot of my friends say nothing BUT stupid things. One of them, for example, characterized morning wood and started acting it out (Yes, you read that right.) One of my friends I've long since drifted away from would buy stuff, and almost EVERY SINGLE TIME would wave it in front of his face and repeat, over and over again, "Gosh! I don't know WHY I bought this."

So suffice to say, I've kinda developed a higher tolerance for stupid quotes than most people.

qdawg
qdawg
Posted at

My mom had a friend who told her she had never been outside the state of Philadelphia. When my mom told me that I laughed uncontrollably.

marine
marine
Posted at

"I think Dale Ernheart was an inspiration."

anytime someone white uses the n word

"Dane Cook is a funny comedian!"

"You have a myspace? Add me to yours!"

Also funny to me, but probably not anyone else, is when girls find the need to tell me that they were raped when they were younger. Its one thing to mention it, but to constantly bring it up like a badge of honor or that your somehow in a special club because of it, its just something that grinds my gears.

Someone at the movies the other day said of Halloween:

"Why is Michael Myers killing everybody?"

Now for a line from lewis black:

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that summer in college!"

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

OUR

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

I'm the one who usually put my foot into my mouth.

You mean he's not black?

alexhatzia
alexhatzia
Posted at

not really when they say stupid things, cuz i'll probably make fun of them for it. haha i really hate it when friends say arrogent things and they're being serious.

ex.) "damn dude that girl wants my nuts so bad"

Rich
Rich
Posted at

You wanna talk about stupid shit? My family is REAL good at that.

My personal favorite is when my dad was telling me that gays should not be in the army because it would distract the soldiers to have gay men trying to fuck them in the middle of a battlefield. Tis the stupidest thing I think I've ever heard him say in my life.

alexhatzia
alexhatzia
Posted at

My personal favorite is when my dad was telling me that gays should not be in the army because it would distract the soldiers to have gay men trying to fuck them in the middle of a battlefield. Tis the stupidest thing I think I've ever heard him say in my life.

wow.

junoblairb
junoblairb
Posted at

One of my Ex's best friends drank A LOT. Like everytime I saw him he was drunk off his ass. It was a little sad :/. Well anywho when I was around him he did say a few unintelligent things but this line took the cake.

"Man drinking is bad for the liver huh, good thing we have two of them."

I say some utterly stupid things when I'm highly intoxicated myself. My favorite was always "I'm not drunk enough to drive!" which was supposed to be "I'm too drunk to drive." and "Wait! I gotta put my seat in my seatbelt!" which obviously was "Wait! I've gotta put my seatbelt on."

Don't get to drink anymore so my quote rates have dropped tremendously. But ah well, great times when we had them.

Posted at

Drawn sprite comics are the best. Like Nintendo Super Squad and Pinnacle of Evolution and that one by feedmefood. AND ALSO MINE MAYBE.

When I saw this thread I HAD to hunt this quote from the Top Drawer down.

FanGurlZ
FanGurlZ
Posted at

OUR

Ouch…just got owned!

FanGurlZ
FanGurlZ
Posted at

Uh, I hate when people say things like that.

Posted at

Haha. My English teacher was talking our Farenheit 451 test, and one of the questions was: "Give three examples of unnecessary violence in Montag's society". And he was telling us that alot of us got some points off because we listed suicide as an example.

Then one girl was like "But that's violence; it might kill you!"

blu
blu
Posted at

2 years ago, in chemistry class. my professor said this:

"The way it gets into our diets is mostly through the things we eat."

aside from all the wonderful things i've heard my online friends say, the REAL gems don't go to those people, but to my friends in the sorority. (i myself didn't pledge to a sorority, i just have alot of friends that have.)

a conversation i overheard on movie night:
"wait, how many states are there?"
"was there 50 or 51?"
"um… lets google it!"
later…
"Ha i was right! there ARE 50!"

a few days after that wonderful moment, one of those girls was talking to me about world history 1 and asked me if Ben Franklin had ever been president.. okay people who don't live in the US might not understand that one but i almost cried >_o

a few others:
"whats economics? is that important for a business major?"

"He said WHAT? Nonono. no. if he said that to me i would punch him before he got the 'F' out of his mouth. I would punch him NINE TIMES." - i overheard a cell phone conversation.

i'll post more as i think of them, my memory kinda sucks as is.

FyreHyde
FyreHyde
Posted at

Had a friend with a really dumb sister once. He was 19 or so and she was 16. She sees him playing tekken 2 and asks to play.
He hands her a controller and puts it on the character select screen. "Which one should I choose?", she says.
He looks at her with a smirk and goes, "Choose…wisely."
She stares at the screen for a second and finally replies, "which one's Wisely?"

Posted at

My friends are always embarassing.

One of my friends was calling the manager of McDonalds racist while he was stand right there. Same friend yells "Napkins!" or "Drinks!" in the middle of chili's when everything isn't going as well as he wants it be.

Actually, when I get right down to it, it's the same friend that does all the same dumb stuff, and no matter how much I may hate him, I still hang out with him.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.