Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

What are the Limits.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

I've been wondering for a while now what is the limits of the Mature rating, as in Minor Nudity, does this include Toplessness or not? I'd think it would if it's ecchi animes and such, but I don't want to push things, So I'm curious and decided to ask here first, It's better to be safe than sorry.

And if this was already a thread, and I missed it, Sorry, I couldn't find the search button. Just wanted to know the limits of Mature Rating, and if Toplessness counts as Minor Nudity, thus leaving the rating as Mature and not crossing the boarder to the AO rating.

Thanks.
Zeph.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

If you think its Mature, then its probably mature. I consider brief nudity mature, but you only cross into AO line if your having full out nude touching and stuff.

Hope this helps. ^_^

imshard
imshard
Posted at

If you think its Mature, then its probably mature. I consider brief nudity mature, but you only cross into AO line if your having full out nude touching and stuff.

Hope this helps. ^_^

^^^I couldn't put it better.

topless women is considered nudity. sufficiently detailed and form-revealing clothing is considered mature by many as well. So is anything depicting a person without clothes depending on the context. almost everybody has a different definition and concept of modesty so the lower limit of a gray term like "mature" can be very fuzzy. The context is the biggest thing though. A comic depicting an adult situation could be considered mature even if the characters are fully clothed. Then again many mainstream media bits feature full nude from behind and only get a "PG' rating so its up to the artist and if they consider it a "grown-up" scene.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I've been wondering for a while now what is the limits of the Mature rating, as in Minor Nudity, does this include Toplessness or not? I'd think it would if it's ecchi animes and such, but I don't want to push things, So I'm curious and decided to ask here first, It's better to be safe than sorry.

And if this was already a thread, and I missed it, Sorry, I couldn't find the search button. Just wanted to know the limits of Mature Rating, and if Toplessness counts as Minor Nudity, thus leaving the rating as Mature and not crossing the boarder to the AO rating.

Thanks.
Zeph.

It depends how often it is. If every page is all about fucking and chain swearing and texas chainsaw type violence, its gonna be an ADULT comic for sure.

I suggest you put some NSFW warning on select pages if its only gonna be the occasional nudity.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Ah, Good to know. ^_^ thanks for the info.

Posted at

I was actually wondering about this myself, but it sounds like they kinda leave it up to our discretion. I agree that context is the biggest issue, though I have seen quite a few mature comics around with mild sex scenes, so like kyupol said as long as it's every once in a blue moon I think we'll be fine.

Allan
Allan
Posted at

Depends on the detail of the toplessness. I keep my strip at T+ and I've had toplessness once or twice.

Come on guys, they're just "C"s with "."s in the middle of them. Brief nudity is not mature, since everyone who isn't mature has seen a boob or something sexual at one point in their life.

Mature is when you're doing something with nudity. Artistic means are means for T+ nudity, IE, life drawings, nude models, or someone posing as a nude model in a strip. As long as isn't intended for sexuality it is definitely alright.

Plus, people can get away with a T+ rating and a lot of stuff on DD. No need to change it to an M just because of a few "F bombs" or a nip-slip every once in a while.

Fight American censorship (just kidding (or am I?)).

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.