Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

What are you going to read (during the holidays(

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Simple, the title says it all….

For me, it will be Immanuel Kannt, Nietzche's "Beyond Good and Evil" and Jean-Paul Satre….

Erad
Erad
Posted at

Whoa, those are some heavy readings!

I just finished an English class called Science Fiction! I plan on reading the rest of the Short Stories book we had for that class. There are tons of good stories in there like "Liar!" by Asimov, "Flowers for Algernon" by Keyes, and "Story of your life" by Chang to name a few.

ERasER
ERasER
Posted at

I know what I'll be reading, 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' I am told it' actually quite good.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I know what I'll be reading, 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' I am told it' actually quite good.
Kill it fire fire.

Art and Lit thread?

Hopefully I'll be reading some groovy 70's SciFi. I'm in a 70's SciFi mood at the moment. The last two books I read were insanely 70's. One was written by a British Author, all the action took place in Afric, he was insanely sexist and kept referring to the pretty "cans" on every female character. Every female was evaluated in detail as to her sexual attractiveness or lack of it. And since it was Africa every person wore olive drab trousers and Khaki bush shirts- which is what Europeans wore in Africa in the 1970s.
In the onther one I read recently, it was extremely Homophobic in the "best" tradition of the 70's, with gay people refereed to as "heshers" for some reason, gay intimacy described as "the strange practices of heshers", and gay characters being sad, pathetic, mean, and or evil. Neither were very good books, but it's a great window on the period :)

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I thought "Pride and Prejudice" was a hilarious book. "P & P & Zombies" was EXTRA hilarious. Highly recommended, though I promise you'll enjoy it more if you've read the original.

As for me, I'll be reading "On Stranger Tides" by Tim Powers. I just finished "The Anubis Gates" by the same author, and it was really REALLY good.

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

Hopefully, I'll get some new occult, Weird NJ compilation, or ghost book from mum to peruse.

ERasER
ERasER
Posted at

I thought "Pride and Prejudice" was a hilarious book. "P & P & Zombies" was EXTRA hilarious. Highly recommended, though I promise you'll enjoy it more if you've read the original.
Luckily I have read the original ^^ and seen the film

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

My little sister just borrowed The Phantom Tollbooth from me to read and I thought it would be nice to read that again, but this morning she reminded me that it has a sad ending. So now I'm not sure.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Luckily I have read the original ^^ and seen the film
Then you're in luck! I think you'll really enjoy it (particularly the scenes with Lady Catherine).

elektro
elektro
Posted at

The same thing I read every year around this time: the articles I find about the history of Christmas and where certain traditions originate from. Oh, and comics. Always comics.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

The nativity story – from Luke, it's my favorite. (We read it every Christmas Eve.)

Aside from that, just my usual stuff. Case Closed manga. Agatha Christie.

Posted at

I can read any time. I'm gonna play video games.

Well okay, I might read a little. But I can't get too much done in 2 weeks, not if I'm also going to vidya games.

I have a big pile of reading material awaiting reading, I can't say which I'll read. I kinda pick them up as I feel like them.

Posted at

Wild Cards By George R.R. Martin among ohters, if it comes in from the state library before I leave for Wyoming. If not I'll just stick to webcomics and manga.

lothar
lothar
Posted at

I can read any time.
yea thats pretty much wut i spend half the working day doing anyway .
im gunna unplug for the holidays and watch lots of movies and play in the snow and play legos

Acuturbo
Acuturbo
Posted at

I'll probably finish Lies My Teacher Told Me, and then either finish Don Quixote or pick up Super Freakonomics.

Posted at

My drawing buddy gave me the new issue of her minicomic so I'll read that, another friend gave me a copy of her new zine so I'll have that to read as well. Other than that I picked up the first volume of Concrete and I'll probably reread some of my favorite graphic novels.

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

Planning on reading "Boneshaker" and reading ahead for school.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I can read any time. I'm gonna play video games.

Well okay, I might read a little. But I can't get too much done in 2 weeks, not if I'm also going to vidya games.

I have a big pile of reading material awaiting reading, I can't say which I'll read. I kinda pick them up as I feel like them.

How about playing a text adventure about Christmas where you're shopping for a video game to give to your love one?

Ugh… I'll be reading a lot of coupon books, sales flyers, and store advertisements. I've got holidays shopping to do.

Dave7
Dave7
Posted at

After finally finishing off Kim Stanley Robinson's "Mars Trilogy," (Red Mars, Green Mars & Blue Mars), I've decided to lay off the full-length novellas and just read short stories for awhile. I've recently picked up several anthologies of short horror and sci-fi stories (both classic and modern).

Although I am also asking for a copy of "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy and "The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution" by Richard Dawkins for Christmas.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

I'll be reading Tamara Drewe by Posy Simmonds. It's a collected strip reworking of Far From The Madding Crowd.

Posted at

I'm thinking about picking up a copy of "Dune". Been meaning to read it for a while now.

Insizwa
Insizwa
Posted at

^ Oh I read that last summer - you'll know all about sand.

I'm either gonna read World War Z by Max Brooks (Mel Brook's son) if my friend lends it to me, or Look at the Birdie (short stories by Kurt Vonnegut).

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.