Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

What do you use to cook your BBQ?

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I was making some BBQ the other day when my neighbor comes over and asks why I don't use gas? According to him, cooking with gas is more efficient, etc… However, I will always ALWAYS use charcoal. I tried gas once, but the meat tasted funny…

What do you like to use to cook your BBQ?

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

Charcoal all the way. Forget the fact that propane is more efficient–charcoal tastes much better. You grill for the taste, not for efficiency. Might as well broil the damn burgers if you wanna be efficient. Yuck. :P

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I tried gas once, but the meat tasted funny…
That's because lighted farts don't burn long enough to cook the meat. ;)

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

I use gas most of the time, but I prefer charcol.
They are both nice, but charcol takes longer, and I'm lazy. :/

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

I agree charcoal is best for bbq hank hill is nuts

lba
lba
Posted at

Fire pit. I don't like grills. The idea of putting my food on some greasy, black scunge-covered thing doesn't appeal to me. So I have a grate that I put over my firepit in the back yard and I just get a good blaze going then cook on it once it's dying down. It has the added benefit that I can flavour my food by choosing different woods to burn if I want.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Charcoal. Neither we nor any of our neighbors have owned a gas grill, so all I've ever known is charcoal.

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

Anything else ain't worth eatin'. So far as I'm concerned. ;)

Posted at

Myself.
I guess I'm just hot enough to cook my own food.
Gets kinda messy…with all the fat that's in the burgers.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Tasted a lot like chemicals… like when I'm trapped in the garage and my keys are locked inside my running car, which is letting out a lot of smoke…

I tried gas once, but the meat tasted funny…
What was the meat? clown flavoured long pig? :)

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

i agree that gas cooked items taste way different than charcoal. but here in nebraska, you're not allowed to have a charcoal grill on a wooden porch. apparently too many stupid people burnt their porches down. so now i have a yard.

but as far as cooking my bbq? i like to marinate the meat in some jack daniels. 1 shot per pound (1.8 fluid ounces). and with steaks and such, i normally will mix in some famous daves bbq sauce.

Posted at

My dad usually uses a smoker, but we used to use a charcoal grill (he traded it for a gas grill to experiment…and the stupid thing broke after 6 months.) I hate gas-cooked barbeque as well. It just seems pointless to use if you've got a handy stove. There's no flavor added, just taken away.

Koshou
Koshou
Posted at

My dad grills sometimes and he uses a gas grill, but I like charcoal the best. Hotdogs are awesome when they come from a charcoal grill.

Redemption
Redemption
Posted at

I cook it with my eyes. If I stare long enough, someone else will turn the gas on and burn it for me.

I've never tried a charcoal grill though, would love to. I'm also keen to try a hungi someday- hot rocks buried with the meat in a pit in the ground. I've heard its pretty good.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Fire pit.
Caveman.
Really I'll eat any sort of BBQ done any way. I don't care. It's all good. As long as it's well done. And done well :)

One thing though… When you're cooking the food too closed-in in something like a kettle BBQ with those artificial charcoal bickett thingos, that does leave a funny taste. -_-

Posted at

Charcoal, without a doubt. I tried gas once, and the meat tasted weird…

As an alternative you could use certain woods, as eucalyptus…

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

I haven't tried bbq cooked via propane. napalm will probably taste wierder. or better?

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

I haven't tried bbq cooked via propane. napalm will probably taste wierder. or better?

It would probably taste like Vietnam, however that tastes. So yeah. I'd vote for weird, given the higher amount of "chemicals" in it.

lba
lba
Posted at

Fire pit.
Caveman.

Ugha.

Once in a while I'll toss in a side of emu meat on there. I'm fond of the way emu tastes. Tastes just like the pterodactyl my dad used to grill. It brings the family together for an evening while we sit and relax around the fire. My girlfriends never like it though. They complain about the grooming and hair pulling.

mattchee
mattchee
Posted at

Charcoal in a Weber.

I have a 22.5" and a Smokey Joe, and rock em both at the same time (side dishes, folks).

The only gas involved comes after dinner, if you catch my drift.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.