Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

Just curious what happened to Top Drawer, or whatever it was called. Did they get rid of it after the server move or something?

lba
lba
Posted at

It was removed/hidden by the admin due to the large number of posts and general behavior of it's most common inhabitants.

edit: It happened a couple months ago.

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

The Top Drawer is dead, long live Top Drawer.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

One thing I'd like to know, is the possibility of it coming back. Has this even been discussed among the Admins?

From what I've noticed, after the Top Drawer went down, this happened: All of the older, and more offensive people went to LFN, while the newer, calmer people went to TD Gamma. I think it's safe to say that it's unlikely the LFN guys would come back, seeing as I don't see them posting much, unless it's Lefarce promoting LFN or arguing with some Admin. The Gamma guys, on the other hand, I still see most of them active around here. I know this might not be 100% acurate, but I think that if the Top Drawer came back today, it'd be a much more civil place.

If it's ever decided to give it another go, I'd suggest making it anew, tearing down the old Top Drawer, and starting over. Maybe with some stricter rules to make sure what happened last time doesn't happen again. I mean, it was just a cool place to go to. It's where we could laugh at our own inside jokes, and stuff. Then those inside jokes turned into 4chan memes, and the emotion of the place became /b/-like. I think that the real thing that caused the Top Drawer to be taken down was the people that mistook it for 4chan. Jus' sayin'.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Heh? huh!?

Anyways, it's been gone a pretty long time. It was getting pretty unfriendly, so it went au revoir. Or maybe it was more complicated then that. I wasn't really there too much. Either way, it's kaput.

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

Heh? huh!?

It's a reference to a much older quote.
(edit: Specifically, "The King is dead, long live the King." )

And speaking as someone who posts on LFN, if they reopened the Top Drawer, the LFN buddies very likely would just reignite that garbage pile. Things are better they way they are now.

Posted at

And speaking as someone who posts on LFN, if they reopened the Top Drawer, the LFN buddies very likely would just reignite that garbage pile. Things are better they way they are now.

Here here. I wasn't around for Top Drawer but 'inside jokes' are usually a way of keeping most users outside. Once buried, corpses don't tend to get any prettier.

Besides, those two guys on Top Drawer Gamma are happy together. They don't want a bunch of gooseberries hangin' around!

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

Yeah I only went in there once or twice and it did have that "inside joke/if you don't understand then get out" kind of feel. I also never understood that KATLADAN thing people would grafitti all over their banners or the whole thing about Batman characters in their banners. It was weird.

Posted at

I also never understood that KATLADAN thing people would grafitti all over their banners

K.A.L.A.dan is another freaky sub-forum for anime/manga lovers. They even have an entrance exam so you can prove you read/watch all that stuff. They don't want you to feel excluded though…

We better get back to our revising -you test me later and I'll test you!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

The inside jokes were a bit annoying. Kala-dan is still around somewhere, I think it was an anime group or something.
A lot of Kala-dan people just went to their own private forum. The newer, nicer TD people went to Gamma, the meaner, older ones went to LFN. They have the Batman fetish.

Some of my fave TD threads are actually in the WTH forum somewhere now… The sublime sex thread is locked away from prying eyes. It'd be good to revive that stuff but only if we had more control over the forums than we do now.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

I didn't even realize we had inside jokes that weren't from 4chan.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

I didn't even realize we had inside jokes that weren't from 4chan.
A few…
Emphasis on few…

But yeah, I do miss top drawer…;__;

Posted at

I don't actually miss it… >_>

crocty
crocty
Posted at

I don't actually miss it… >_>
You're not human

Red Slayer
Red Slayer
Posted at

The inside jokes were a bit annoying. Kala-dan is still around somewhere, I think it was an anime group or something.
A lot of Kala-dan people just went to their own private forum. The newer, nicer TD people went to Gamma, the meaner, older ones went to LFN. They have the Batman fetish.
I'm on both AND Mediocre Militia.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

I also never understood that KATLADAN thing people would grafitti all over their banners

K.A.L.A.dan is another freaky sub-forum for anime/manga lovers. They even have an entrance exam so you can prove you read/watch all that stuff. They don't want you to feel excluded though…

We better get back to our revising -you test me later and I'll test you!

I'll give you private lessons if that's what you're implying :3

Posted at

I'll give you private lessons if that's what you're implying :3
Okay I'll admit it, K.A.L.A.dan is the cool place I know I'll never get to hang out, but I thought if I namechecked you I'd at least get to see one of your cute avatars…

Oh…he's gone, no wait, he's back again, I, oh, he's gone again…….

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

I thought it was a lot of fun posting there and made some cool freinds.
Yeah sometimes some people acted the jerk but it was all for fun.
Nothing should have been taken seriously.

Posted at

I may be unfairly basing my assessment on what I saw at LFN.
I'm still having the flashbacks, but the wires are coming off soon.
Should be able to go out again in a coupla months…

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Besides, those two guys on Top Drawer Gamma are happy together. They don't want a bunch of gooseberries hangin' around!

There's three of us, mostly, and a couple others who drop by occasionally…we'd love other people, but we pretty much gave up on that.

Red Slayer: Both meaning LFN and Gamma? I haven't seen you on Gamma.

Dragonizer
Dragonizer
Posted at

I agree. It's where I met most of my closest friends. :3
…'Cause I'm a loser and my only close friends are my online ones wheee~

Posted at

WTF is KATLA-dan?
It's a sweet little bitty K.A.L.A-dan for your pets.
There's three of us, mostly, and a couple others who drop by occasionally…we'd love other people, but we pretty much gave up on that.

I'd love to join you, really I would, I mean, I like the van an' everythin' but, I'd be afraid I wasn't reaching enough people with my campaign to make everyone WATCH CITIZEN KANE;).

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

hee hee. I'm with the KATLA-dan and I'm the co-founder of TD Gamma. I was with LFN for a while, but got banned for being a fag or something like that. But it was fun for a while.

LFN is definately a more mature forum. It's kind of where all of the content that children shouldn't see was purged to. If you fit in, you seem to be accepted, if you don't fit in, prepare to be chased out like a cat covered in raw meat from a starved rotweiler-werewolf-thing.

The KALA is kind of a clique and is composed of a close group of friends. Some of us are anime freaks (no narutards, thank goodness) and we share many of the same interests (e.g., drawing, videogames).

TD Gamma is currently a very small community (as Hippie Van said, we have about three active members and another member occasionally posting), but we welcome other people to join and just enjoy talking to each other there.

I certainly miss the TD, but it did begin taking up waaaaay too much of my time. Still, if it was revived, I would definately participate. Also, I did meet a lot of people there and I now have quite a few close friends that I would have never met had I never joined. :)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.