for me it's this video.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Cats, cats, cats, cats, cats,

tezzle
tezzle
Posted at

Sad/touching moments in things from my childhood that didn't use to make me cry as a child, but choke me up easily at 18.

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

Cat's in the Cradle

My father abandoned me and I've always related the lyrics of the song to him.

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

Remembering that one time when I was in a pool as a small child and I saw a butterfly accidentally fly into the water so I scooped it out and set it on the edge of the pool to recover, except then another kid swam up and crushed it with his hand.

And strange enough, not funerals.

lba
lba
Posted at

The Offspring's "Gone Away" and "Spare Me The Details" are about the only songs that ever got me going, but nowadays I usually react with a bit of revulsion, and want to turn off the radio, more than tears.

I do have one memory that was particularly sad. I was probably about 12 and on a bike ride when I found a squirrel who had been run over by a car and was trying to drag what was left of himself off the road. It caught my attention so badly that I had to stop. After a while I decided to put him out of his misery, but I screwed up and didn't kill him with the first blow. I've felt bad about making his last few moments even more painful ever since.

I'm actually a pretty sentimental guy. I've just learned not to show it off or risk being asked repeatedly whether or not I'm gay.

Posted at

Guru Dutt and Guillermo Del Toro films. Claire De Lune.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

A few things actually.

1) When I internalize certain characters of mine from my comics as I write the script. It always helps to get into a semi-trance self-hypnosis induced state of mind in where you become the character. You absorb his/her state of consciousness and all the memories involved in the story of their life. These characters specifically:
- Matthias (aka "Mr Shadow") of BK[Shadow Nemesis]
- Cedrick of Brood Knight
- Eman Cruz of MAG-ISA
- Fr. Jose Penafrancia of MAG-ISA
- Claudita of MAG-ISA
- Lucia of MAG-ISA

2) Whenever I see victims of war. There's a war going on RIGHT NOW that doesn't involve tanks and guns and bombs. Its the war for your mind. And your soul. Seeing all the casualties of this war makes me feel sad and I sometimes can't help but cry. Its no different from seeing people with blown off arms and legs. As that's the condition of the souls of these people. Wounded. If you see a wounded person, should you laugh at them? Well unfortunately, that's what the psychopaths that run this planet do. Its FUNNY whenever somebody dies. I guess that's what Southpark is trying to parody with that "Kenny" character.

3) Whenever someone close to me dies. For some reason I still have the human instinct to cry over someone who died even if I am fully aware that the soul never dies and it just moves to another place that is probably way better than the hell that we live in.

Posted at

For me, I think the question ought to be: What doesn't make me cry? Most of the time I cry when I feel like I did something extremely stupid/embrassing. Or if someone scolds me. Oh, and sad stories. Like the one above. :(

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

"Marshall, what makes you cry?"

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Everything makes me cry. I'm a baby.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Life. Sometimes is it irony, other times how wonderful people are, and how tragic things can be. Life. Crying is so much better than holding it back because after the tears fall there is a smile of relief. That's what tears are for they provide that relief.

seventy2: The letters from war video got me crying too. Reminded me a lot of Band of Brothers

Chernobog: Makes me cry for the same reason. His memorial was last month and I made my peace.

"Happy to be stuck with you" by Huey Lewis which is my marriage's song. "Two out three ain't bad" by Meatloaf because of one special night in a very special person's arms that no matter how I try I cannot forget.

Posted at

When I can't do anything to help my friends out of a bad situation. A few months back one of my friends was raped but the police wouldn't do anything because she waited a day longer than she should have to tell them, and three more of my friends were arrested for threating the prick with a bat. I felt terrible because there's usually something I can do for my friends but right then there was nothing I could do.

Posted at

Wow. You all have so many MORALS. No, really, it's touching. Makes me feel like I'm reading shonen manga. I love shonen (believe it or not) more then erotica comics.

I've tried really hard not to cry as a kid, but I've always failed to shed at least some tears at funerals. During really emotional movies I can also be found to shed tears, as well as when I'm writing something really emotional and thinking it over in my head (NOT in any erotica, haha)

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

I was sat waiting in hospital once with nothing to do so I picked up a magazine and it opened on the horoscope page. I don't believe in that stuff but I read it out of boredom; it said "this year you'll meet people who share your viewpoint" and I actually started to cry.

That was before I joined DD of course :).

Posted at

Liberty Prime… :[

Posted at

The Lord of the Rings.. for some bizarre reason lol (the end bit with sam and frodo).
*sounds the nerd alarm*
^^

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

Liberty Prime… :[

poor guy couldn't look up, so he never saw it coming…. :(
———-

@bravo

they're making another one called "the pacific" it's about marines.

Posted at

Things that make me cry:
Swift kicks to my groinal region
Die Hard
Dead animals
Getting caught by the police
My farts after taco night
and when my wife makes me watch those god awful chick flicks were crap happens and people die, DON'T JUDGE ME!

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

nothing. thrashers dont have tear ducts.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.