Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

What would be your ideal 'technology-aided-body-suit'?

Posted at

The Snamuh in my story remove their organic limbs (too innefficient) and replace them with technologically-aided limbs, designed for their particular task, eg; soldiers have weapons for arms.
What would be your ideal 'body suit'?

Posted at

One with a toilet built into the crotch.

Either that, or lasers. Lot's of 'em.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

I'm gonna agree with lasers. Also, replace my spine with a jet-pack or something. That would rock.

Posted at

I would want to have a built in radio, a built in jetpack and a built in machine gun

:D

Posted at

One with a toilet built into the crotch.

Either that, or lasers. Lot's of 'em.
Ouch!
Lasers in the crotch!

Vinnie
Vinnie
Posted at

Something that would make me not be such a horrid dancer…=/

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

I would like to access the internet when I have my eyes closed.

And maybe something steam-punkish.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

I'd like mine to come with cupholders, also…

Posted at

And maybe something steam-punkish.

Yes. How could I forget the glorinessness of steam-punk?

Ouch!
Lasers in the crotch!

There was actually a DC villain who could shoot lasers and stuff from a giant codpiece that was part of his costume. His motivation was people laughing at him for having a small penis.

Here's the article, which I said I was going to find before realising I knew exactly where it was anyway.

So yeah, I want that thing he's wearing. But steam-punky. Cyber-punk would be ok as well.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Maybe the guy was Black Adder from the future? I remember Black Adder used to talk about his special collection of codpieces all the time.

Posted at

Maybe the guy was Black Adder from the future? I remember Black Adder used to talk about his special collection of codpieces all the time.

I know have some very, very, disturbing images in my head that will probably haunt me forever, thank you, thank you very much.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

I know have some very, very, disturbing images in my head that will probably haunt me forever, thank you, thank you very much.

You're welcome. You're very welcome.

Posted at

I'd be an Adrian Barbo-bot.

With Chainsaws for hands

And the strength of five gorillas

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

I'd only keep my brain and replace everything with robotic parts. Camera eyes that could switch to night vision, thermal vision, and default. An internal repair system to replace damaged brain tissue with stem cells to create new brain tissue, then have the various knowledge in my brain downloaded back into the new area. Another internal device I would need would be some sort of speech producer and speech recognition software. i still need to communicate, machine or not.

Various integrated weapons in my arms, my abdomen, my scapula, Knee caps, and yes the crotch. These weapons include Lasers, Tasers, Grappling hooks, and Tiny rocket propelled spiked grenades (flash/exploding).There would be wheels attached to my legs and forearms so that I can shift into a transportative mode. Don't forget the long robotic tail filled with miniature orb shaped spy drones.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

That's both awesome and frightening at the same time.

kennatsu
kennatsu
Posted at

Glarg has the right idea, but I'm going to add to that. I want to find a way to transfer my personality and soul to an artificial synthetic brain. That way I won't have to worry about a lifespan. Even if I had a totally artifical body keeping my brain would limit my lifespan to… say… 120 years at best. :)

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

Glarg has the right idea, but I'm going to add to that. I want to find a way to transfer my personality and soul to an artificial synthetic brain. That way I won't have to worry about a lifespan. Even if I had a totally artifical body keeping my brain would limit my lifespan to… say… 120 years at best. :)

To extend the lifespan you'd probably need little nanobots inside your head cavity with packets of stemcells within them, that way they can go down to the core of your brain and rebuild all of the old tissue, this will keep your brain from utterly dying out. With this kind of technology you'd literally be immortal…only wounds would be able to kill you. (also battery leaks, nanobot malfunction, weapons malfuction, virus in the computer, ect.)

Posted at

I had to come up with three different suits for my comic.

Heavy

Medium

Light

They're nothing too special. Fluid motion by means of inverse reactive repulsion (thank you Heinlein) with kinetic sheild generators.

___

You ever seen the real life armor this guy made?

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/15/project-grizzly-inventor-crafts-real-world-halo-suit-for-militar/

Posted at

Id love to have net access anytime like Major in the "ghost in the shell" series.

kennatsu
kennatsu
Posted at

To extend the lifespan you'd probably need little nanobots inside your head cavity with packets of stemcells within them, that way they can go down to the core of your brain and rebuild all of the old tissue, this will keep your brain from utterly dying out. With this kind of technology you'd literally be immortal…only wounds would be able to kill you. (also battery leaks, nanobot malfunction, weapons malfuction, virus in the computer, ect.)

Of course, there's also the personality component going insane due to having lost its humanity. I remember watching this in Robocop 2…

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I dont care what the suit is as long as my underwear gets seen by everyone… as well as my magnificent anus. lol! I'll be wearing pants though…

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Screw what I said earlier, I want Boba Fett's armor.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.