Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

What your thoughts on the subject fellow users on The Duck?

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

TD is a junk drawer, not a discussion section. If the line is getting blurred and people are actually starting to believe it's a legitimate section I might have to lock that section as purely archival. I was worried it would come to this when people started making posting there into a game.

I thought it would be good to actually move this discussion to a thread of its own instead of hijacking the Zuda Comics thread. So what are your thoughts about the TD?
And please lets keep this civil. Its not a debate or a war. Just post your thoughts and honest opnions.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

somebody please dont lock that section.

We need to try our best to fill up the internet. :)

Posted at

That would make me sad. It's my favorite part of the forum. Take that away and it gets boring. Are we not really supposed to post in there or something?

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

My world wouldn't end if TD were locked, but I know a lot of other people here use it for their random humor venting needs. Besides, if it's locked mass chaos may ensue in the rest of the forums. :)

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

My world wouldn't end if TD were locked, but I know a lot of other people here use it for their random humor venting needs. Besides, if it's locked mass chaos may ensue in the rest of the forums. :)

More like mass boredom.

HAHA, DID YOU GUYS SEE ME SWITCH ONE WORD TO ANOTHER WORD WITH AN OPPOSITE MEANING THEREFORE REVERSING THE PURPOSE OF THE SENTENCE FROM DRUNKDUCK BEING CRAZY AND FUN TO INSINUATE THAT DRUNKDUCK IS IN FACT BORING AS HELL AND THE ONLY FUN PART IS THE TOP DRAWER.

You didn't? Oh okay.

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

LOL I DID

Yeah anyway, all idiocy aside, if Volte had been paying any attention he might have noticed people have been making a 'game', as he so blandly put it, out of posting in the Top Drawer for a long time. And the admins and such are actually inviting people to post there.

So why is one Admin telling people to come and post, while another says we shouldn't be posting in there at all?

If you didn't want anyone to post in there, why wasn't it closed in the first place and why has a message in bold capitals stating…

"WE NEED MORE PEOPLE HERE TOO! Come on in! :)"

…been allowed to sit there for so long if you don't want people to post there. Sometimes I just don't understand this place.

Posted at

So why is one Admin telling people to come and post, while another says we shouldn't be posting in there at all?

he's actually the guy that is responsible for DD.
platinum owns DD, but volte manages it and gets paid for it.

plus, he's the guy who owned DD before platinum took over.
Volte paid out of his own pocket for a long time to keep DD afloat, so i think a lil respect would be in order.

Posted at

BTW, don't spam this topic…
posts will be deleted

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

Don't get me wrong sub…but Bek makes a valid point.
Why is it encouraged by some admins to post there and who also take part in the shenanigans but at the same time this message is communicated by volte6. It seems contradictory and confusing.

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

Volte paid out of his own pocket for a long time to keep DD afloat, so i think a lil respect would be in order.

Alright, that had nothing to do with what I just said.

What I was talking about was, why is it Volte was letting Ozone and others advertise the Top Drawer like a place where people can hang out and such, when he doesn't really want people posting in there at all?

EDIT: Thank you Midge, thats my point exactly.

Posted at

BTW, don't spam this topic…
posts will be deleted
…I'm going back to TD nao. TD doesn't have rules this strict. Hell, I think the few rules it does have are to much. My second post was on-topic completely. This is why we need TD.

Posted at

you gotta ask oz about that, not me.
i think he was the one who put the descriptions like that.

TD was a way to clean DD up by moving spammy posts (with no directions)
later it mutated into people treating it like a wasteland of humor and randomicity like 4chan.
almost anything goes over there.

i feel that we need TD as is because it keeps the more risqué posts there.
but like i said, volte ultimately decides where DD might go or how it gets there.

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

Yeah but I don't think we need a place to detract the morons away from General Discussion, thats what Forum Games is for.

I understand the original purpose, but if threads were intended to be moved away then why allow people to continue to access them? Unless Volte wanted idiots to carry on with their stupid threads behind the closed doors of the Top Drawer.

Surely bad threads should just be recorded for evidence purposes and then deleted or put out of reach of the users? One again, confusion ensues.

Dragonizer
Dragonizer
Posted at

Same thing I said in the TD, but believe it or not, the TD is the main reason I stay on this site. I mean sure, having a nice place to host your comic is cool and all, but I'd like to be able to enjoy said hosting site's FORUMS, too. And I rarely go into the other forums.

And yeah, I totally agree with Bek and Midge. Sure, I can see the reason it was opened in the first place (to move all the spammy stuff, as Sub said), but people started posting there after a while and for a long time. If that wasn't wanted, why not just close the section right off the bat or just tell people not to post there? Letting people post there with whatever for a long time, then all of a sudden threatening to lock the place, well… It just seems ridiculous and, of course, doesn't leave those who've posted there for quite a while feeling too great.
I for one hope the TD stays open. It would suck to have several people just leave because one section full of carefree, nonsense stuff was locked. Heck, it's my main source of fun on this site! (In fact, it's just about completely dragged me away from the other forums I used to be on all the time.)

Yeah, I'm stopping myself now before I get too ranty.

Posted at

The TD is the only reason I bother posting on the forums at all. The only real difference is that there we admit that everything we say is stupid and pointless.

It might not have started like that, but that's what it is now. It was inevitable it would go that way (why bother anyway? couldn't you just delete the spammy posts?).

marine
marine
Posted at

I like the top drawer. Its where people stop being all polite and start being real. A lot of threads are lame, but whenever I post there, I feel like its the real place to go have serious discussions and bring up issues that everyone can see, but at the same time post pictures of tangerines. If I did that here, no one would get the joke. Some would sure, but its like having anyone off the street read a few pages of my comic. They just won't get it.

We need a forum like that. Its lighthearted and fun. We play games with each other and bust each others balls. Its like a real forum there, not this (no offense intended) over moderated general discussion forum where you can't really discuss anything but the most banal and mundane topics.

Yeah but you Ozone spang and Skoolmonkee run most of it. Not necessarily the behind the scenes programming, more along the lines of forum and community stuff.

Posted at

I will leave if it goes.

Posted at

I would. TD is my home. But I would still post my comic, of course.

Posted at

If this follows through, we'll start our own forum. With blackjack. And hookers.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

I like how one passing comment spiraled into three threads worth of debate. :3

My opinion is that I don't have an opinion. If TD is open, meh, neat. If not, I'll probably get more people to move to my site. So it's pretty win-win. Sides, it's Volte's site, he can really do whatever the hell he wants.

vgman
vgman
Posted at

I Agree with the last sentence in lefarce's post.

Personally the only reason I come back to DD every day is to see what's happening in TD. You can post almost any thing there (So long as its not nsfw). Sure I get to read the comics That update but as of right now only about 5 comics on my favorites list update from day to day. TD is about 90% of what I do on DD now. And if it does go I'll probably join lfn or start posting in forum games again…. *shudders*

marine
marine
Posted at

Gentlemen, I already gave us a solution.

You can all have a return to the BOTTOM drawer in the unused penis forum.

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

Why not just splurge for your own forum elsewhere? Forum software is pretty easy to find and install, so then you could do whatever you wish.

As for TD, it's not exactly my thing, but it seems it means a lot to other folks, I think leaving the DD because they want to turn it into an archive or something (or even remove it) is a bit over the top.

marine
marine
Posted at

Why not just splurge for your own forum elsewhere? Forum software is pretty easy to find and install, so then you could do whatever you wish.

As for TD, it's not exactly my thing, but it seems it means a lot to other folks, I think leaving the DD because they want to turn it into an archive or something (or even remove it) is a bit over the top.

Theres no promoting penis or being a part of the drunk duck community in other websites.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.