Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

What's the deal with people hating sprite comics

Posted at

I know that a lot of people here on DD hate sprite comics, and i really don't blame them. Some sprite comics here are just so terrible. But then there are some really good comics with good plot and graphics. so what is needed to change the way sprite comics are being judged.

Posted at

I know that a lot of people here on DD hate sprite comics, and i really don't blame them. Some sprite comics here are just so terrible. But then there are some really good comics with good plot and graphics. so what is needed to change the way sprite comics are being judged.
we like
some really good comics with good plot and graphics
we hate
Some sprite comics here are just so terrible
because there are just so many
sprite comics here are just so terrible

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Sorry, it's just the way I am.

vgman
vgman
Posted at

Having used to make a sprite comic I can speak freely.

Spriters are generly fanboys/girls who generally start a comic thinking maby 2 pages into it. Now you do have a point. There ARE good sprite comics out there. But there are so few of them that reading one is like buying a ticket to the lotto. 1/10000 chance that it will be good.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

From a purist POV I have zero respect for it because the author didn't draw it. Sonic is drawn by Sega employees and Megaman is drawn by Capcom employees.

What else do I need to say? You didn't draw it!

Sprite comics with original sprites have my respect. In this case I don't like it simply because of personal aesthetics, which has no bearing on the quality of the comic.

Posted at

this has been discussed many times and it never ends well
most of the time it ends up as a flame war

TOPIC LOCKED

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.