Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Where does your avatar or icon come from?

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Since we just had the "How do you pronounce your alias properly" thread: I often find myself wondering how people came up with their avatar/icon. Don't know if there's already been a thread like that… at least I've never seen one.

So: What's the backstory of your icon - Where does it come from and why did you choose it? (And in case it's linked to your user name: Why and how did you come up with it?)

As for me, my current icon depicts Leiji Matsumoto's Captain Harlock. I changed it from my "Abt Nihil" icon (which I'd had for three or four years or so, and depicted my stage name alias, which I'd come up with around 2001) last halloween, because I'd just watched the "Endless Odyssey" OVA and was also planning to do a space pirate comic (which I'm currently working on). I'd originallyp planned to change it back after Halloween, but I liked it too much ^_^

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

People call me "Oz"
I'm in Australia, also often called "Oz".

My avi is the Wizard of Oz, with long blonde hair like me, happy and smiling :)

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Mine is an image of Dan from malefic.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Right now it's a plate of french fries since I'm playing the latest mafia theme.

but I'll revert back to the grapefruit tree soon, a Charlie Brown grapefruit tree, if you will. This little tree needs a huge amount of TLC and attention if it's going to survive the winter, more than I can give alone. And since I believe in the power of positive thought, and step one is just attention, I figured notice from DD viewers might help

(and if any of you are thinking goddam that f'n tree, please stop that now).

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Avatar - Made it because I'm so fed up with the police state and erosion of civil liberties happening in America… both USA and Canada… and the rest of the world…

I've had it with the TSA. I've had it with the high taxes that end up mostly creating a police state at home and wars abroad. I've had it with the roidhead cops and more violations of civil rights. I've had it with fat cat politicians and corporations sharing the same bed and making life harder for all of us. I stand for freedom and liberty. And proud of it!

http://www.infowars.com/latest-entries-in-v-for-victory-campaign/

__

Icon - Thats Claudita from MAG-ISA. I understand that many readers of my comics have a crush on her. Sorry guys (and gals who like other gals)… She's already taken. :)

Posted at

This is my original avatar:

It has a pretty simple background story. At some point, when I was creating my account here, I decided that I wanted a new nickname and settled with Product Placement. I then started searching the net for something that could related to the name and stumbled upon a picture of a guy holding a "For sale" sign. I have no idea who this guy is and when I attempted to rediscover the picture and possibly find out his identity, I couldn't find it again.

The current picture that I'm using is my default mafia GM picture, that I put up whenever I'm running the game (I've used it at least 7 times already :þ ). It comes from a comic called "Top Drawer High", which is based on users on this forum who happened to dally around in a section called The Top Drawer. It was a 4chan like environment that people visited to create stupid "All your bases are belong to me" threads until the Admins got sick of it and shut it down. The thread that spawned the comic still survives and can be found in the Network and Community section. It should give you a pretty good insight on how the Top Drawer was like.

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

I was messing around on flash one day and drew eye-planet. I later came back and re-made it with awesome face instead of the eye as well as being, simply put, less shitty.
And yes, it's a planet. It's like a metaphor or something, I dunno, whatever.

Posted at

Mine is from a drawing of a giant astronaut on a giant unicorn holding a giant flaming shovel.

On the moon…

Posted at

My avatar indirectly came from a mafia game. I wasn't playing, but because Crocty was the GM, I died in all the narrations anyway. In one of them I was eaten by a tyrannosaurus. I drew it, then thought the dinosaur was cute and used it as an avatar for a few games.

Way later, I added a background and colored it to get used to using a tablet. I'm pretty sure it was ninja who suggested I paint a wig on it, which started dinopalooza.

DarkGesen
DarkGesen
Posted at

Ozone, what the hell did you make me just watch?!

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

im pretty sure Peaches used to have peaches….

Freegurt
Freegurt
Posted at

I made it in Photoshop. It's the logo to Terror Mountain.

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

my avatar is also my "online character", but i am nowhere near like it in real life.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

My avatar is normally a generic chibi with a hat, but I'm thinking of changing it.

The current one was drawn by miss Ochi.

The Icon for SftD is a picture of the titular starship

speaking of which, I gotta get back to tomorrow's page…

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Well.

I had an epic fail in trying to draw an elf when I was in high school.

The ears were totally messed up. But I kept them on the character and have her pop up in some of my comics (and used a different version as an avatar).

This version was drawn by Rokulily and colored by me.

demontales
demontales
Posted at

Currently the main character of my comic. If I didn't suck at doing self-portrait that's what I would put instead. I'm not too fond of having a character, because I don't want people to think that character is my alter ego or something, but it's the best I have for now. At least I chose one that isn't crazy.

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

It's 'Joker', the villain from Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. He's the visual inspiration for my Arachnid Goddess character, Bagman.

sama
sama
Posted at

The Tooth Fairy, from our comic "Death and Fairy".

We're going to do more color works (including for the front page of our magazine, Kiseki Magazine in Australia) for next month's issue so the icon may change.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

including for the front page of our magazine, Kiseki Magazine in Australia
I didn't know you guys were Australian O_o

lol! Naw, she's hot.

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

I made it :D The two characters are Orn and Milek from my latest comic.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

lol! Naw, she's hot.
I thought she was rather cool than hot…

Niccea's and Peipei's icons are my personal favs so far. Followed by Oz and skullbie.

People call me "Oz"
I'm in Australia, also often called "Oz".

My avi is the Wizard of Oz, with long blonde hair like me, happy and smiling :)
The ocean part is quite mysterious though. What's an "ozoneocean"?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.