Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Which is better (in your opinion)

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

Ok quicke survey, which do think is better, read a comic straight or having music.

Here is the link to CJ to see my player.

(Yeah, I know it's mostly megaman tracks, but it's a megaman comic)

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

If you're gonna do ths, at least do it right. The code doesn't work.

And no, noone is going to fix it, I'll give you that on a silver frickin' platter.

Posted at

Well, if it's mega-man, I hate them all.

and get the code right…

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

No.

Like a wise man once said before me: "GTFO my interwebs!"

Posted at

This goes in the comic discussion forum.

And no. If you put music on a comic people will probably only hear the beginning of it as they're most likely only to take a couple of seconds reading a comic. That gets annoying after a while. If they stop to listen to it after a while they'll just be wasting time. At school, if some one is reading the comic and they hear music in general, it can be disastrous.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

There's another spriter out there who has an embedded player on his comic. It has Sonic music. It makes my ears bleed. Do not add a player to your comic, it will drive people away. Seriously.

That's right, I answered. Now gtfo my internets.

Posted at

No, it's fucking annoying. I don't know why I'm answering because you just want people to tell you it's a good idea.

Why is it fucking annoying? Because I want to listen to what I want to listen to, not what you think I should.

Why do people think this is a good idea at all?

Posted at

I'm starting to think cov posts these things just for attention. He acts like an idiot on purpose.

Posted at

Well It doesn't. There's your answer.

Posted at

Do you really think he's not going to do it anyway?

Posted at

Do you really think he's not going to do it anyway?

Sadly, no. I expect him to do the queerest thing he can…

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I hate music and sounds on all websites regardless of content.

I like to watch TV or play my own music when I'm on the internet, so if sites have sound it is just unwanted noise.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

Ok, I turned off the automatic play so get over it. I mainly use it when things need it. also moved it up so you could control it easier. Now, really it does make some moments a little better.

Posted at

Ok, I turned off the automatic play so get over it. I mainly use it when things need it. also moved it up so you could control it easier. Now, really it does make some moments a little better.

No one will use it, you're wasting your time.

[quote=Covievinenht's Profile]In many of my comics I'll be make small little references to a video game series I am making. I am a member of the Cool Avatar Club. Interesting note, dispite the critism, my comics are very highly rated.

That's because the people reading it have spines made of jelly.

marine
marine
Posted at

Don't put music on your page. Just don't. If you put it on there with the option of turnin it on, thats okay. Just to have it play THIS LOUD for no reason is the worst. One of the many reasons I hate a lot of social sites is the amount of people who put awful country songs, awful rap songs, or Nickelback-type over pro-tooled awful rock. Its always at the top volume setting too.

I'm thinking of putting some ambient sounds over on werewolf now. You should see how it is now without sounds.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

No one will use it, you're wasting your time.

[quote=Covievinenht's Profile]In many of my comics I'll be make small little references to a video game series I am making. I am a member of the Cool Avatar Club. Interesting note, dispite the critism, my comics are very highly rated.

I agree with CS.

I am a member too, for obvious reasons…you shouldn't be allowed to be a member, and my comic is rated higher, but you don't see me tootin' my own horn. Toot.

Just let it get through your skull that music does not work. It does NOT work. It doesn't work. I feel like I'm talking to Rainman. Music bad. Get that Ray? Music bad.
And just by saying you're a member of some club over at the Community subforum, you don't impress us. In fact, you're not the least bit impressive. You suck at basically everything you do. Get that Ray? Cov sucks. Just like K-Mart.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

Music can help a comic, assuming it's good music, it's short music, it's music that doesn't play on every page, and it's music that really, really compliments the page it's on. It also helps if it's a bit quiet, so if someone doesn't want to hear music, it's not too jarring. Butternutsquash makes excellent use of brief snippets from songs on a few occasions in the archive. These were used very sparingly, and only on pages with little or no dialogue. It was a very risky move and it only worked becaues the creators were very careful with it.

All in all, though, while there is a way to do it right, I would just as soon recommend not doing it altogether. Even when done excellently, it's a little gimmicky and unnecessary.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.