Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Who is this guy?

Rich
Rich
Posted at

We see him everyday, always lurking right beside the Duck. We know nothing of who he is or what his intentions are. Who is this small brown bird? Is he a loyal ally of the Duck? Or is he a cold mastermind manipulating everything that happens on this site. None of us know, or at least I don't.

So, who is this guy anyways? We see him all the time, but know nothing.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I think he's some kind of alien. Like in My Favourite Martian. He probably has special powers and a wise cracking sense of humour.

Posted at

I do! Because I'm old and have a knack for remembering useless things.

If I remember correctly, there was a group comic called "Duck and Quail". They'd sit in a bar together and get drunk. I think Duck was the straight-man of the two, and Quail would try and fit into glasses of beer and whatnot.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

Does nobody remember Duck and Quail? :(

Hey! :)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yeah, I remember the name, but I've never read it :P
My idea about the Martian could STILL apply anyway!

-edit- hang on… I think I have read it… I don't have a decent memory of it though… :(

Posted at

Actually, I think that might be a girl. I'm pretty sure I see long eyelashes.

Posted at

Yeah, I always assumed it was a girl too. 0_o

Posted at

I read this in the FAQ (in the news section, oddly enough) the other day! It's in the "Why a duck?" bit.

Dylan says "The site mascots were modeled after my pet Duck and Quail I owned prior to making the site. The duck died and a friend drew him dead as a joke, and he looked drunk to me rather than dead. So that became our first logo, see Drunk Duck. I thought it was better than Dead Duck."

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Shutup!
I reject your facts.

It's an eccentric alien.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Pssh. Ozone and his crazy alien theories. ;)

For a while, there was a community comic called "Duck n' Quail" on Drunk Duck. All different artists swould contribute to the adventures of these mascots of the site.

After the first DD outage and new launch (circa 2003), Duck n' Quail wasn't restarted. I believe all of the 'community comic pages' were lost.

Dylan (Volte6) and Chuck (Ronson) started D&Q back up as a comic strip in some local newspapers in their areas. It was short-lived, however, as responsibilities and interests turned elsewhere.

Incidentally, the current incaration of Duck and Quail (on the website) was done by Cinderblock way back at the release of Drunk Duck's first anthology, "Drunk Duck: Drunk in Public"

Cinderblock also did an excellent "silent strip" of D&Q which can be found here.

Chelano
Chelano
Posted at

I remember Duck n Quail….back in….the….old….sniff sniff….daysss.. WAAAAAA AH WAAAAAAAAAA….oh god I promised myself I wouldn't….WAAA *tons of cries*

ok ok…sniff sniff. Man it has been while. The old DD was fun. I miss some of the people. The ones who left

Posted at

Shutup!
I reject your facts.

It's an eccentric alien.

The FAQ could be a government cover-up!

Posted at

Yes, now someone is brave enough to ask the important questions!

quail….yeah, *giggle* sure. Have you ever seen a quail? Well I've have (yummy) and that's not a quail.

oh no, it's an evil "angler bird" from the bottom of the ocean. That is actually the last recorded picture of "the duck" as angler bird snuck up 5 minutes later and ATE HIM!

mwa ha ha ha aha hahahahahahah… (dead duck)

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

For the RECORD,

THIS:

Is an angler. That bird does not look anything like that.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

That's because it's wearing a bird costume over the top. It's all part of the government coverup Eviltwinpixie and I are working to expose!

Chelano
Chelano
Posted at

For the RECORD,

THIS:

Is an angler. That bird does not look anything like that.

well he doooooooooes have that same thing on the top of his head

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.