Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Who Loves Yuri?

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Back in the day, we in the west weren't exactly over the moon when Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin became the first man in space: the cold war was on and we wanted west to be best.
Thankfully those days are gone now, so lets spread the love for Yuri and his comrades who, like their western counterparts, were all just bravely doing their bit for science and posterity:

Of course, it was during those long lonely hours in orbit that Yuri first began to sketch his whimsical, intricate depictions of stylised cartoon girls in a variety of amorous embraces, thus creating the genre that has now become synonymous with his name.

I think we can all agree that Yuri was an exemplary human being, but what do you love most about Yuri? His brave, selfless pioneering spirit, or his naughty but nice girl love comics?

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Yuri's a great voice actor. He's done voiceovers over the years, but right now he's most known for providing the voice for Sasuke in that anime called "Naruto", though I still love his work in the Star Ocean remake (First Departure).

Oh… wait… I thought you were talking about Yuri Lowenthal… O_O

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Oh yeah Gagarin gets no love, poor dude. Probably because he was Russian and probably too drunk to record any of the missions. Haha, it's funny because it's dreadfully racist!
Same with Michael Collins. I bet no one even knows who he is. Hell, I even forgot his name and had to look him up!

And because everyone else will mention it anyway,
I dislike the comics. They drag on so long, like the worst chick flick ever, only less fucking.

Much much less.

Of course, it was during those long lonely hours in orbit that Yuri first began to sketch his whimsical, intricate depictions of stylised cartoon girls in a variety of amorous embraces, thus creating the genre that has now become synonymous with his name.

I think we can all agree that Yuri was an exemplary human being, but what do you love most about Yuri? His brave, selfless pioneering spirit, or his naughty but nice girl love comics?
This. Hahahaha. Okay I need to spread this information everywhere.

Posted at

I read a graphic novel recently about Laika and it was the saddest comic book ever. Sadder even than Goodbye Chunky Rice. I was like, goddamnit, why did I read a comic about a dog that I KNOW dies at the end?!

Same with Michael Collins. I bet no one even knows who he is.

I know who he is! I learned about him sort of like two weeks ago when I went to Dublin. He um… did stuff. There was a speech.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

He um… did stuff. There was a speech.

Admit it - you copied that verbatim from Wikipedia!

kitty17
kitty17
Posted at

Whaaaat? I thought this Yuri originated those girls love comics I love so much.

I was lied to…

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

I read a graphic novel recently about Laika and it was the saddest comic book ever. Sadder even than Goodbye Chunky Rice. I was like, goddamnit, why did I read a comic about a dog that I KNOW dies at the end?!

I read the same thing three weeks ago. And yes, it's incredibly sad. Laika's final situation is like a slice out of a lesser hell. Poor little Muttnik.

Zad
Zad
Posted at

F'YES! YURI IS MASTER.

Is it weird that I was 8 and I would watch my dad play war and horror games, and Yuri was one of my top ten favorite characters?

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

Bla bla bla inconsequential bla bla bla

Whaaaat? I thought this Yuri originated those girls love comics I love so much.

I was lied to…

Either way, those are the worst lesbian manga covers I've ever seen.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

"Ironscarf" Said:

Still fighting the cold war eh?

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

"Ironscarf" Said:

Still fighting the cold war eh?

… My name is Haribo now? (I assume that's some sort of historical reference, but I'm kind of a histard.)

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

… My name is Haribo now? (I assume that's some sort of historical reference, but I'm kind of a histard.)

No, it's Supermix:

Sorry, my mind tends to wander into inconsequential things!

Posted at

I prefer the StarMix

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

I'm delicious! :-D

I prefer the StarMix

B-but… I'm a huge orange!

With a kid riding on top!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.