Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
JillyFoo
JillyFoo
Posted at

I never wore a uniform to school. Other than in animes and private school I have never seen people wear school uniforms. In webcomics uniforms seem to be the popular fashion…>,> Have you guys ever wore a school uniform? Where are the uniforms wearers?

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

I have, my uniform consisted of a tucked in black polo shirt and black pants.

I never tucked in my shirt.

hat
hat
Posted at

There is a school in my area that requires you to wear clothers with the school logo. You can just iron on a patch or something. If you come to school without any of that school's 'merchandise' you get sent home.

Posted at

I have, my uniform consisted of a tucked in black polo shirt and black pants.

I never tucked in my shirt.

you rebel.

I wish I had to wear uniforms. Makes for less thinking in the morning.

Posted at

Former Catholic high school girl here so I definitely wore a uniform. The school I'm at right now also has a uniform policy. It apparently changes the culture of the school and is a good security measure. It's easier to spot trespassers if everyone who's suppose to be there wears pretty much the same thing.

But yeah, less thinking about what to wear in the morning. Plus it saved me a lot of money. :)

Zac
Zac
Posted at

I wore a uniform for three years.
I didn't like it. Like Kitty said, it does save money but it makes you feel so claustrophobic, or it did me at least.

I didn't tuck my shirt in either.

Cope
Cope
Posted at

My high school principal was pretty uptight about uniforms. He even made us tuck in our shirts at every school assembly.

The guy's name was Mr Willy, which seemed appropriate.

kaminari
kaminari
Posted at

A uniform policy was put in place for all public schools in my county during my senior year.. It was khaki pants (or skirt) with a red or white polo shirt.

I made a "political cartoon" about it for the school newspaper but they refused to publish it because it implied that the school board and teachers were puppets of communists.

Posted at

I had to wear one at both primary and secondary school (British school system is different). In fact, in the UK, schools that have no uniform are rare. I hated my secondary school uniform, it was a white polo-shirt, a navy sweatshirt and a navy skirt. Girls were only allowed to wear trousers if they bought special trousers provided by the school, where boys could wear whatever trousers they liked. I always found that incredibly unfair since the girls' trousers were pretty pricey. Also, sweatshirts are the most unflattering piece of clothing for a small girl to wear, it made me look like a little kid even when I was 16. In the sixth form, we were allowed to wear whatever we wanted, which was cool.
Though I disliked my personal uniform (it was totally lacking in style) I'm not opposed to uniforms in general. They can look neat, help identify people from your school when you're out, and if they all cost the same, people can't be priviledged and have better clothes than others if they have more money.
I always thought that kids would be more respectful of their unforms in Japan, but when I was living there, I found that Japanese kids do the same things my classmates used to do, rolling the skirt up to make it shorter, wearing brand logo bags, tying the little necker incorrectly and wearing makeup to school. It was a real eye-opener, killed off many of the delusions I'd got about Japanese schoolgirls from anime.

alejkhan
alejkhan
Posted at

During 5th and 6th grade I went to a school that was run by both american and british governments, I think it was government run, I'm not entirely sure as to the history of the place, it must've been run by the state department…anyway it was called the "American British Academy" what a weird and obvious name……and we had to wear khaki or navy blue bottoms and white collared tops. Girls could wear shorts, skorts, or skirts, boys trousers or shorts. We also had uniforms for p.e. It was fine by me. You could actually get a real sense of a person's personlity by how they wore their uniforms. And the more well off the person's family, the nicer quality their uniform was. ^_^

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I did. Schools in the Philippines wear school uniforms (regardless if its public or private… so uniforms cannot reveal the income status of students). In Canada, Catholic schools wear uniforms.

CZweig
CZweig
Posted at

I did as well. My junior high and old high school were combined, so I wore one from sixth grade through tenth, when I moved down here.

Sometimes I felt like the only one who adored it :0 I love tidiness and order, so having all the students in the school dress the same was like perfection. Not to mention I'm a skirt-wearer by nature so it didn't bother me that the school didn't allow me to wear slacks. I still dress orderly for school now.

Posted at

In Canada, Catholic schools wear uniforms.

Not necessarily. The school I'm doing my practicum in is a public school and they have a uniform policy. It seems more schools are turning towards the uniform now for various reasons.

I'm personally pro-uniform and quite liked it back when I wore it. I'm terrible with matching clothes and the uniform probably saved me five years of grief.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I'm personally pro-uniform and quite liked it back when I wore it. I'm terrible with matching clothes and the uniform probably saved me five years of grief.

I'm pro uniform too.

Down to hell with those fucking stereotypes that cause problems in school. No more emos, wiggers, punks, rockers, gengstas, and whatever stereotype you wanna put yourself in.

Um… at least it minimizes it. I can still spot the stereotypes even in school uniform. :)

Vaoni
Vaoni
Posted at

I've had to wear a uniform at school right up until i went to college at 16. I hated it, only started getting a decent 'look' of it in my final 2 years too.
Was 4 years of green sweatshirts and black trousers (doesnt sound bad but it was annoying). In my final year we wore all black except a white shirt.
Guess we got the best of it though at that school, because after we left. They introduced these awful looking green jackets.

Before i moved up into that school, i was in one where we had to wear bright red sweatshirts, and girls had to wear grey skirts or trousers, but boys could wear black trousers. So i broke the system, grey trousers were expensive, and now girls there can wear black ones.

But yea, i hated uniforms. I like being able to wear whatever i want at college.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

All the schools I went to introduced uniforms after I got there. Or at least started enforcing them then… So Intially I could wear what I liked and then suddenly… UNIFORMS!

No, no… Now that I recall it, the first school I went to was a catholic school and we did have to wear proper uniforms there from the start: Grey trowsers in winter and grey shorts in summer, grey button-up short sleeve shirts, and brown v-neck jumpers with thin coloured stripes around the V neck… Green and yellow I think. And brown leather shoes. The jumpers were actually quite nice, but that grey was AWFUL. We looked like Nazi stormtroopers.
-the girls wore brown dresses I think.

For the other schools it was less formal, just a colour thing mostly. In one highschool we had to wear grey or black trowsers (skirts for girls, but they could wear trowsers too), and white poloshirts- or a coloured polo shirt for our "house"… That was fine, it was easy to look cool and I made sure I did :)
And then for my other highschool it was almost the same, except your bottom half was blue, not black or grey. That was great too because we could wear jeens.
We had one goth-punky fellow though who died his short hair all black and wore black tracksuit pants and a ripped black t-shirt held togther with safety pins. The trouble was he was simply too fat and sloppy to carry it off. He always just looked homeless, or a bit slow… Poor guy.

Apart from that I can't remember what we wore in my other two primary schools.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Blazer, shirt, tie, trousers, optional jumper. All in black. Except for the shirt. And part of the tie. Sporty. There's also rules for how we're supposed to have our hair in my school.

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

I never had to wear a uniform to school. It was discussed by the Board of Ed. several times throughout my stay at Generic Park Middle and High schools (mostly under the regime of Dr. Eric J. "Sharp As A Bowling Ball" Smith), but nothing ever became of it. I probably wouldn't have noticed, though; most of the Parkie kids always wear khaki shorts and polo shirts anyway.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

school uniforms are also easier to draw. In the sense that you dont need to think about colors and designs and what that guy is gonna wear, etc…

They are also a bit hard to draw in a way.

http://www.drunkduck.com/BK_Shadow_Nemesis/index.php?p=99606

Mara-Nina's shirt had overlapping in them and its a little more difficult. Overlap the hair, the top part, the shirt, and the ribbon. Overlapping objects IS one of the difficult things to draw.

Posted at

I never had to wear a uniform, but the dress code was pretty uniformal from the waist down- everyone wore blue jeans and sneakers. Still, I remember many times wishing for a uniform, because at my school people were very bent on what they were wearing and stuff. And I was a 'if it's warm and comfy, I couldn't care less if it's in fashion' type of person.

Still am, I think. ;)

Some of my students now wear uniforms though. Most of the private schools in Greece tend to use them more and more this current decade.

Mark
Mark
Posted at

My old school had the worst uniform policy ever.

Khaki shorts that were expected to be worn really high up making you look incredibly nerdy. They actually punished those who wore their shorts too low

Yellowish shirts that were supposed to be tucked all the way in. Once again offenders were punished

A tie on mondays. Again offenders were punished

White shoes with white socks, socks had to be pulled up high or more punishment would ensue.

Short hair. By that I mean hair couldn't touch your ears, eyebrows, or collars. More punishment for offenders

Short nails. Refer above for concequences

Also none of the uniform actually fitted properly. It's like they based their measurements for dwarf proportions cause everything was either too short or too loose.

My current schools pretty laxed. Blue polo shirt and long grey pants. with black/brown/grey/white shoes. Everything else is optional.

Posted at

I stared in public school and went to catholic school for high school. I constantly got in trouble for not being in dress code wile in catholic school, but I was constantly ridiculed in public school for not wearing the "social uniform." I don't think there's any way around it, it's so nice to be out.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.