Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Who? Me?

cs3ink
cs3ink
Posted at

Hello, my name's Chip Skelton.

I've been an artist with the same sportswear company for 20 years (yeah, I'm no spring chicken). I only gained enough confidence in myself to actually finish any sequencial work about 4 years ago. The late start sorta limits my options as far as making a career of comics, but I'm gonna enjoy whatever ride I get.

I'm new to DD. After a failed attampt to start up my books with a new comic company I wanted to find a home to showcase my 2 projects.

Broken Things is up to tier 18 (or is it 19?). It's about a backwoods Kentucky boy & how his life slowly falls apart (not that it's all that great when the story starts).

My other book is Terran Sandz, a scifi book. TS is about an alien & 1 very bad day in his life when he literally loses everything. It might sound depressing, but it is intended as a fun, light-hearted read.

Hope to hear from some of you.

Later,
Chip

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

Welcome to the Duck!

So……any chance you could help me with my comic? I canna draw worth doggie-doo-doo.

cs3ink
cs3ink
Posted at

Thanks for the welcome.

Z, I wish I could help you, but I barely have time to create what little I do at the moment. Comics are a sore spot with my wife, & I have to steal the moments I need to work on them.

Try the networking thread. That might be promising.

Later,
Chip

Posted at

Chip Skelton is probably the third most awesome name I've ever heard. The first being

Jack Stone

and the second being

John Karge.

Welcome to the site!

cs3ink
cs3ink
Posted at

Whoa, thanks, but, if you don't mind me asking, what's so cool about my name?

It's always struck me as… I don't know, pedestrian.

And thanks for the welcome, Rusty K.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Guess what? Drunkduck is a great place to showcase your work. With the right attitude and actions, you might find yourself on print such as many former members of this site. And don't worry, we're a very 'loving' community. Well, to an extent.

cs3ink
cs3ink
Posted at

Thanks, AQ. I'm hoping the very least DD will do is help me hone my craft.

And you're right, most people on the site seem like good folk.

Later,
Chip

Posted at

Welcome to Drunk Duck…We wish you all the best with the comics…Sorry about your woman not bein' a comic lover. I'm Lynn, my husband Ethan and I do the webcomic, Marital Bliss??? (We're working on actual comic books…but, that takes a while.)

Anyway, you'll just love Drunk Duck and who knows, maybe the missus will lighten up and end up your biggest fan!

Posted at

Lynn, if I can get my MOM to like Starship Moonhawk, anything is possible. :)

Welcome aboard, Matey. Arr!

Posted at

Heya Chip!

I look forward to reading your stuff. :)
And you've found a great place to help hone your craft.

cs3ink
cs3ink
Posted at

Lynn, I'm envious. I wish you & your hubby all the best. Thanks for the kind welcome. I doubt, however, that my lovely wife will ever appreciate my craft. Sucks, I know, but it's true.

Mac, I suppose a miracle could happen, but my hopes aren't high. 'Preciate you not making me walk the plank.

SilverWordz, stop by any time. I finished page 20 of Broken Things last night, so I'll be celebrating by posting a new tier today. I may even post a page of Terran Sandz in celebration as well.

You've all been very kind. Thanks.

Later,
Chip

Posted at

YEs yes! Welcome to the Duck!

I used to have a spouse who hated comics.
(THe past tense thing had absolutely nothing to do with that, however.)
But if a good thing can come from divorce, it was that I have that wee bit of time to
work on comics now, which I didnt before.

Of course that's AFTER I get home from work, finish freelance projects, household chores, and get done schlepping two pre-driving kids hither and yon….
(Cinderelly Cinderelly night and day its Cinderelly… ^_^)

I understand your dilemma, dude. Cheers to you for doing SO MUCH!! (Ya musnt sleep)

~B

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.