Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Why are people who work in govt offices so RUDE? (small rant warning)

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I swear these are the rudest, most miserable people I ever dealt with.

Why are they so rude and miserable? They arent paid minimum wage. In fact, they make at least $5 more than a worker who doesnt work for the government but does the same job.

Is it the stress at their job dealing with rude customers or people who could barely speak or understand English?

I dont think thats a good excuse though.

I worked at fastfood (1 year) and retail (about 2-3 years) at one point and I've encountered my share of 'asshole customers' and people who could not understand English that I have to repeat myself 5 times and speak in a slow manner with some hand movement 'sign language' (I've no formal training in sign language lol) like I'm talking to a 3 year old child or something.

But that doesnt make me rude to the other 90% of customers who are polite or decent. In my office job now, I still have to deal with a few 'assholes' but that doesnt make me rude to co-workers who are decent.

If you don't have a high level of patience, then find another job. And stop spreading your assholeness to other people and making their day miserable. You arent paid minimum wage. There are lots of people who would gladly take your place and get paid a nice paycheck and a bunch of cool benefits.

Thank you.

Posted at

Sorry man, we have a rant thread in General already, you should know that! You're free to repost this rant there.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.