Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

why doesn't my comic come up when i search it?

alexhatzia
alexhatzia
Posted at

i tried to search for my comic under the search and browse section but it won't come up.

um….help?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Um, we do have a help forum here ;)

But the trouble is that comics with only 3 letter names don't show up in search and browse :(

Posted at

Um, we do have a help forum here ;)

But the trouble is that comics with only 3 letter names don't show up in search and browse :(

Wow, I didn't know that about the search engine. I'm glad I clicked on this thread now. Thanks Ozone for the heads up. Luckily I went in the completely opposite direction with one of the longest title names on DD!

;)

alexhatzia
alexhatzia
Posted at

is there anything i can do? i mean i can't just change my comics name.

marine
marine
Posted at

Have a comic with a name thats eponymous and iconic, like futurama, penis, zxipi, or elftor.

alexhatzia
alexhatzia
Posted at

so wait, just cuz it's three letters long means that it's not iconic? talk about biased.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

so wait, just cuz it's three letters long means that it's not iconic? talk about biased.

Depends on the context, really. How it stands out. Like CNN for example.

alexhatzia
alexhatzia
Posted at

right, no i get that. really all i'm trying to say is "hey, i work hard on this comic, i think it should pop up when you literally type it in the search bar" but it doesn't. so that kinda ticks me off.

alexhatzia
alexhatzia
Posted at

oh yea i just wanna say i'm not trying to promote my comic or anything with this thread, i just wanna figure this whole thing out.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

right, no i get that. really all i'm trying to say is "hey, i work hard on this comic, i think it should pop up when you literally type it in the search bar" but it doesn't. so that kinda ticks me off.

Ah, I understand.

Though it would be more along the lines of glaring flaw in the search system (…like not having the ability to edit thread titles in the forums) instead of bias. :D

warren
warren
Posted at

Well… poop. So much for a short, snappy name.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.