Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Will Federer ever win Roland Garros?

snark
snark
Posted at

Well, another year and another grand slam for Rafael Nadal and Justine Henin. Whilst Henin's win really didn't come as a suprise to many, I was wondering whether people were suprised or expecting Nadal's victory over the world no.1.

Sure Nadal might be a god amonst men on clay, but Federer did have an impressive victory over him which not only broke Nadal's clay court winning streak, but handed him an emberessing 6-love set if I remember correctly.

So, what are your opinions? Reckon Federer will ever get past Nadal's retrievals and high kicking forehands? Or is he gonna have to share the same fate as Pete Sampras?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Ugh, sport? Hmm. I consider it entertainment really, and not one that I enjoy particularly (unless I'm participating). Maybe this should go in the media section eventually… I dunno. Maybe others think differently? :)

snark
snark
Posted at

Ugh, sport? Hmm. I consider it entertainment really, and not one that I enjoy particularly (unless I'm participating). Maybe this should go in the media section eventually… I dunno. Maybe others think differently?

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about which board I should have posted this in, so I just opted for the general board…being that its general and all =P

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

… Will who win what?!

drgngrl
drgngrl
Posted at

wow…. what exactly are u talking about? sounds liek one of them commercials:D explain it to moi!!!!!! plz?

Posted at

It seems to me that Federer is on the down and out, especially against Nadal. I think Nadal will rule clay for quite a while to come, and, though I utterly hate the guy, I think Nadal might cement a spot a number one that'll last.

Also it seems no-one on here is into tennis, huh.

snark
snark
Posted at

wow…. what exactly are u talking about? sounds liek one of them commercials:D explain it to moi!!!!!! plz?

Its tennis, Federer's the current world No.1 and Nadal's No.2 and a constant thorn in Federer's side and about the only thing preventing him from dominating the sport. Oh, and Roland Garros is one of the four Grand Slams, which are the biggest and most important tournaments in tennis. Hope that clears everything up for ya ;)

It seems to me that Federer is on the down and out, especially against Nadal. I think Nadal will rule clay for quite a while to come, and, though I utterly hate the guy, I think Nadal might cement a spot a number one that'll last.

Do you reckon? Let's not forget that Federer did break Nadal's clay winning streak whereas Nadal has yet to beat Federer on grass. But yeah, I do agree that Nadals gonna rule clay for quite a while…would have been awesome to see a match between him and Guilermo Vilas though : )

Posted at

Do you reckon?

Yeah, I do reckon "snark", if that is your real name, which I sincerely doubt it is! And i'm gonna keep on reckoning it and there's nothing you can do about it!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'LL NEVER STOP ME!

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

some stuff about not understanding this thread.

They're talking about Tennis. Federer is currently the best player in the world, and Nadal is the only one to have beaten him.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

The only thing I remember about Nadal was how he got trampled back when he was a tennis n00b. So the years have been kind to him? Trained hard to become a new man, did he?

snark
snark
Posted at

The only thing I remember about Nadal was how he got trampled back when he was a tennis n00b. So the years have been kind to him? Trained hard to become a new man, did he?

Trained very hard. He's not as godlike as Federer, but he's still just about the only guy who can consistently beat him.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.